Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. (27046 Views)

James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / "I Named My Granddaughter Chimamanda" Spanish Fan Tells Chimamanda Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by SmartchoicesNG: 7:49am On Mar 29, 2017
coolsegun2002:

Everything isn't about sexx....but this time I will have to agree with you on this one..

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by curvilicious: 7:51am On Mar 29, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

I have read most of Soyinka's​ works
Elechi Amadi
All Shakespeare's​
All Achebe's except the last work
All Yoruba novels of note
All series existing in Hadley Chase
All Robert Ludlum's​
All grisham
All pacesetters​
Most mills and boon
Daniel Steel
Sidney Sheldon's
Mario Puzo
Cyprian Ekwensi
Fagbamigbe publishers
To mention the few I can remember...
Amanda is a slave in her mind...Reflected in her works.

You've read so much o
That's nice
Thumbs up for you
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by eduevolutionnow(m): 7:51am On Mar 29, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

She's capable of unleashing an unrestrained literary prowess but heck no! She'd rather pander like a dog
You are entitled to your own opinion and she is entitled to her own opinion. She has the talent and she is using it to suit her agenda, you can also get a pen and write what you feel is right. It as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nofuckgiven: 7:58am On Mar 29, 2017
The white man already said it before. If you want to hide something from a Blackman put it in a book.
The ones that are criticizing her do not even know the real truth and facts behind feminism!
The worse part is they would never understand because they have chosen already not to. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by SmartchoicesNG: 7:58am On Mar 29, 2017
eduevolutionnow:

You are entitled to your own opinion and she is entitled to her own opinion. She has the talent and she is using it to suit her agenda, you can also get a pen and write what you feel is right. It as simple as that.
You are right to an extent.
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Honesty007(m): 8:00am On Mar 29, 2017
She looks accursed because she is trying to upturn what GOD has laid down since the foundation of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by willibounce1(m): 8:01am On Mar 29, 2017
all these noise won't change the fact that all over the world, women are not and will never be equal to men. You can be a feminist all you want, that's your problem. Sensible women can reach whatever height they desire if they work hard. A lot of women are doing way better than some men and men are not complaining . I think these feminist are just bunch of jealous people.

4 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by eduevolutionnow(m): 8:04am On Mar 29, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

You are right to an extent.
Its all business my brother. How many people from Nigeria buy her books to read? She knows what her people want and she is giving it them. Personally, I think her books are pretencious and self serving. It won't stand the test of time.

2 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2017
uncleabbey:
Lol. So because she want to sell her books, she shouldn't air her opinion? I thought everyone is entitled to their respective opinions. Why take it personal

lol..the proponents of feminism have changed her ideology of moral African,cultural and religious values of the naturality of Man and woman during creation.
This opinion you talked about was acquired over there where is presently lives.
I think she had been found to be a good human tool that can drive neo-feminist a gender in the black world.

4 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by comrChris(m): 8:10am On Mar 29, 2017
ElSherriff:
Feminism who invented that word? From ab initio, the woman has always been wired to have superior convincing powers than a man and a man superior muscles...with the introduction of sin in the world, man's punishment was to toil for his food, while a woman was to labour to bear children in pain. These punishments are fair on both sexes as far as I know and has seen man toil for food and family provision and women, labour...all responsible men fulfill this 'wiring' and therefore 'leave' their wives to their labour 'punishment'. But where the woman is involved in the toiling as much as the man, it then takes a wise man to understand the superiority of the woman in that context. There is no key or rule book to determine what makes a woman superior but common sense. If you place a woman properly 'superior' you win her over. She eventually becomes a 'slave' to the love you offer. Men have traits peculiar to men, and women traits peculiar to women, none can entirely assume the others and that is the foundation.

As for me, I believe my bae is superior, she is smarter than me, she is better looking, she earns as much as I do and a better christian. But in acting this way around her, I have her glued to me for life. I cant begin to tell how loyal and respectful she is to me.

Its in the mind men!
both toiling is not suppose to be the excuse for this feminism wahala, was there any condition in scripture before women will submit to men? how many of these todays women are better than those wonderful women in scripture that understood where they belong and treated their husbands with all loyalty. ask any lady what she would love her husband do for her she will give you an unending list but will not know one thing is suppose to do for her husband.

Hope she is not trying to be hypocritical? causing problem in many families and treat her husband with all loyalty..l respect all female but do much more better to the few wise ones among them

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by africandictator(m): 8:12am On Mar 29, 2017
so far a certain percentage of African women are still dependent on the men folk for finacial security, feminism will not thrive...

honey! I need to make my hair!

honey! I need to fuel! my car( car bought for you by your husband) I smh for african women!!!
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 29, 2017
ElSherriff:
Feminism who invented that word? From ab initio, the woman has always been wired to have superior convincing powers than a man and a man superior muscles...with the introduction of sin in the world, man's punishment was to toil for his food, while a woman was to labour to bear children in pain. These punishments are fair on both sexes as far as I know and has seen man toil for food and family provision and women, labour...all responsible men fulfill this 'wiring' and therefore 'leave' their wives to their labour 'punishment'. But where the woman is involved in the toiling as much as the man, it then takes a wise man to understand the superiority of the woman in that context. There is no key or rule book to determine what makes a woman superior but common sense. If you place a woman properly 'superior' you win her over. She eventually becomes a 'slave' to the love you offer. Men have traits peculiar to men, and women traits peculiar to women, none can entirely assume the others and that is the foundation.

As for me, I believe my bae is superior, she is smarter than me, she is better looking, she earns as much as I do and a better christian. But in acting this way around her, I have her glued to me for life. I cant begin to tell how loyal and respectful she is to me.

Its in the mind men!

Gbam
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by elfico(m): 8:35am On Mar 29, 2017
Sciencs:
a million likes for this.
More like a billion likes!
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by holyfather(m): 8:35am On Mar 29, 2017
eduevolutionnow:

Its all business my brother. How many people from Nigeria buy her books to read? She knows what her people want and she is giving it them. Personally, I think her books are pretencious and self serving. It won't stand the test of time.
I bet her audience also enjoy being lied to.
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 8:39am On Mar 29, 2017
Nofuckgiven:
The white man already said it before. If you want to hide something from a Blackman put it in a book.
The ones that are criticizing her do not even know the real truth and facts behind feminism!
The worse part is they would never understand because they have chosen already not to. undecided

Kai!
I can't believe that I agree whole heartedly with you

A lot of men talking here don't know what feminism is all about (equal rights and opportunities for both genders)

Beneath all that noise they are making is fear, fear that they will lose their hold/power that the cultural inclinations here has made them believe that they have, and it's their God given right .

But sorry guys, the cultural attitudes are changing real quick, and in 20-25 years time, things will not be the same as they are now, with women having greater control over themselves, and their choices.

Unfortunately for you all, your noise cannot change it.

2 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 8:42am On Mar 29, 2017
willibounce1:
all these noise won't change the fact that all over the world, women are not and will never be equal to men. You can be a feminist all you want, that's your problem. Sensible women can reach whatever height they desire if they work hard. A lot of women are doing way better than some men and men are not complaining . I think these feminist are just bunch of jealous people.

What you said does not make sense at all.

There is a difference between feminism itself, and Family relations between husband and wife, even tho the lines get blurred a bit when the husband starts bullying the wives

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by SmartchoicesNG: 8:43am On Mar 29, 2017
eduevolutionnow:

Exactly. It pains me to see such talent go to waste

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by 0kp0nku: 8:44am On Mar 29, 2017
I have always sensed this hidden feminist theme in her books from the beginning which made me quite uncomfortable seeing young African women with them. Her themes are largely anti-family.

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by 0kp0nku: 8:46am On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

Kai!
I can't believe that I agree whole heartedly with you

A lot of men talking here don't know what feminism is all about (equal rights and opportunities for both genders)

Beneath all that noise they are making is fear, fear that they will lose their hold/power that the cultural inclinations here has made them believe that they have, and it's their God given right .

But sorry guys, the cultural attitudes are changing real quick, and in 20-25 years time, things will not be the same as they are now, with women having greater control over themselves, and their choices.

Unfortunately for you all, your noise cannot change it.

And the divinely-ordained family structure will finally be in complete shambles

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 29, 2017
I support chimamanda 1000% smiley
#WeShoulAllBeFeminist
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by willibounce1(m): 8:55am On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

What you said does not make sense at all.

There is a difference between feminism itself, and Family relations between husband and wife, even tho the lines get blurred a bit when the husband starts bullying the wives

So where is the sense in your quote. It's not a must you quote people especially if you don't know what to type.

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by 0kp0nku: 8:58am On Mar 29, 2017
All self-acclained feminists should please ponder on this.

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2017
0kp0nku:

And the divinely-ordained family structure will be in shambles

How does it destroy the family structure again

The family structure in Nigeria for centuries has always been a scam, and the thing did not collapse because women bore the brunt, and we're supposed to keep mum, while The man does whatever dumb shit that comes to his mind

Across Nigeria, there has been millions of women thrown out of their homes that they laboured to build with their husband for stupid reasons, such as

inability to bear a male child (which the man determines Anyways undecided
Mother in law wahala
Baseless accusation etc

Men beating the hell out of their wives was also widespread, and cheating the woman out of inheritance that is due to her was also common, as the husbands family will deal a deadly blow to her in that respect, and its double tragedy because she is not entitled to anything from her father's place, so she is left to suffer with her kids, I see all these scenarios play out all the time over the course of my existence.

What about the man sleeping around, putting the wife at risk of disease because the foolish man is doing all that unprotected?

Go to some federal hospitals and see how some pregnant women faint on finding out that they are hiv positive courtesy of a Randy he goat they call husband

Does this look like a proper family structure to you?
And you cannot lie that these rubbish things are not happening on a large scale in Nigeria

I'm a man, but I'm not scared of feminism because of I see it for what it truly is (equal rights for BOTH men and women)
not subjugation of men, or annihilation.

On a parting note, if you are a good husband to your wife, you will not be scared of anything, because the woman will know, and you have a loyal and faithful wife who will fight for you till her dying breath.
No smart woman throws a good man away (how many dey market sef undecided)

That's it

2 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ngokafor(f): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2017
....Its funny how the average Nigerians who do not read books are the ones making noise...Her books are clearly for civilised humans in saner climes....

...Deal with your numerous self-inficted problems as a nation dear Nigerians and leave Chimamanda alone..

...Shallow and empty noise-makers everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ademoore07(m): 9:09am On Mar 29, 2017
"Feminism and Gender equality" I just hate those 2 topics. Btw, any future wifey who wanna claim gender equality In my own house must be ready to pay 50percent of our children's tuition and 50 percent of our house rent. Lemme come and be going tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by 0kp0nku: 9:10am On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

How does it destroy the family structure again

The family structure in Nigeria for centuries has always been a scam, and the thing did not collapse because women bore the brunt, and we're supposed to keep mum, while The man does whatever dumb shit that comes to his mind

Across Nigeria, there has been millions of women thrown out of their homes that they laboured to build with their husband for stupid reasons, such as

inability to bear a male child (which the man determines Anyways undecided
Mother in law wahala
Baseless accusation etc

Men beating the hell out of their wives was also widespread, and cheating the woman out of inheritance that is due to her was also common, as the husbands family will deal a deadly blow to her in that respect, and its double tragedy because she is not entitled to anything from her father's place, so she is left to suffer with her kids, I see all these scenarios play out all the time over the course of my existence.

What about the man sleeping around, putting the wife at risk of disease because the foolish man is doing all that unprotected?

Go to some federal hospitals and see how some pregnant women faint on finding out that they are hiv positive courtesy of a Randy he goat they call husband

Does this look like a proper family structure to you?
And you cannot lie that these rubbish things are not happening on a large scale in Nigeria

I'm a man, but I'm not scared of feminism because of I see it for what it truly is (equal rights for BOTH men and women)
not subjugation of men, or annihilation.

On a parting note, if you are a good husband to your wife, you will not be scared of anything, because the woman will know, and you have a loyal and faithful wife who will fight for you till her dying breath.
No smart woman throws a good man away (how many dey market sef undecided)

That's it

^^^ You have just failed to draw the line between basic human rights and feminism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by ElSherriff: 9:10am On Mar 29, 2017
In the scripture you talk about, the demand on women is to submit themselves unto their husbands as to the Lord...reading further down that scripture passage, the bible says the man must love his wife as Christ loves his church...implication is that the man must love the wife to the extent of dying for her because that is the extent of Christ's love for his church. So as a man, in addition to toiling, you must love your wife to even dying for her...remember, the scripture did not place this exact demand on the woman (Eph. 5 22-33), as earlier mentioned, whether the woman toils or not, you are responsible for her, you must love her to the death-according to the scriptures and because God is a master creator, he has wired the normal woman to become loyal and a appreciative of this. When you get a woman who equally toils as much as you do, the least of your worries should be 'feminism', 'equality' or unending demand for 'loyalty'.

Barack Obama (who is one of the greatest men of recent history) is quoted as saying he does'nt even consider his wife equal, he considers her superior and my world, do you doubt Michelle's submissiveness and loyalty

With a display of a woman's 'superiority' you earn a godlike figure in her eyes, whereas when you make her sub par, bro, she will keep striving to outgun you because she has superior convincing power. And that my friend is where the world has coined 'feminism' from.

comrChris:
both toiling is not suppose to be the excuse for this feminism wahala, was there any condition in scripture before women will submit to men? how many of these todays women are better than those wonderful women in scripture that understood where they belong and treated their husbands with all loyalty. ask any lady what she would love her husband do for her she will give you an unending list but will not know one thing is suppose to do for her husband.

Hope she is not trying to be hypocritical? causing problem in many families and treat her husband with all loyalty..l respect all female but do much more better to the few wise ones among them
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 9:13am On Mar 29, 2017
willibounce1:

So where is the sense in your quote. It's not a must you quote people especially if you don't know what to type.

Oga you are typing rubbish; but you are you proud in foolishness to admit it.
Is it a coincidence that most countries that supress women are backward countries?
Angela Merkel is a feminist, used to be a hippie, is the most powerful woman in the world today, yet is happily married.

What that shows you is that indeed, feminism and Family relations between husband and wife, even tho they are not completely mutually exclusive, are on different lanes

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 9:24am On Mar 29, 2017
0kp0nku:

^^^ You have just failed to draw the line between basic human rights and feminism.

You see, you are the one missing it.

I have been saying it that feminists have been fighting for equal rights for men and women, and you told me that I failed to draw the line between feminism and the same rights they are fighting for....

It's all about the rights

It is feminist movements world wide that gave rights such as voting, reproductive rights, owning property and many more to women,, a feat that was unthinkable a century ago.

But many of you men don't have an idea about feminism, all you erroneously see is a bunch of women wanting to usurp the "God given rights" of men to be at the top and things like that

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by iPopAlomo(m): 9:32am On Mar 29, 2017
ElSherriff:

Its in the mind men!

Another woman wrapper spotted...

let me make it easy for you since you want to be so much a sisi... quit your job and let her toil alone since she's more superior to you... you be the stay at home father with the children... if she's still with you within a year... not fooling around... you're the real mvp...

A man has his role... A woman her role... the day you make her take over your role... you cease being a man... you've lost your purpose... and you are useless...

2 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by MNDY(m): 9:36am On Mar 29, 2017
FEMINISM is what a female who thinks she knows so much vehemently holds on to upon discovery that she is in her own opinion "unfortunately" born a female into a world dominated by man.

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by balladin: 9:40am On Mar 29, 2017
Women are created to do what a man cannot do. Some women stupidly forget this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

With Velvet Gloves. / Diary Of A Playboy (18+) / My Handsome Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.