Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Should Christians Confess Sin Everytime We Pray? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Confess Sin Everytime We Pray? (566 Views)

Should I Confess That I Poured Hot Water On My Neighbor's Goat? / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / 'I Know It's A Sin, Yet I Fall Into It Everytime' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Confess Sin Everytime We Pray? by toluxa1(m): 3:18am On Mar 29, 2017
As born again children of God, are we supposed to be confessing our sins everytime we pray?
Back up with scripture
Re: Should Christians Confess Sin Everytime We Pray? by PROPHETmichael: 4:35am On Mar 29, 2017
toluxa1:
As born again children of God, are we supposed to be confessing our sins everytime we pray?
Back up with scripture

Yes, because Jesus said when you pray, pray like this

"Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

Matthew 6:5-15

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Confess Sin Everytime We Pray? by toluxa1(m): 10:36am On Mar 29, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

Yes, because Jesus said when you pray, pray like this

"Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

Matthew 6:5-15

I agree, what do others think
Re: Should Christians Confess Sin Everytime We Pray? by EvangelistNdudi(m): 11:34am On Mar 29, 2017
toluxa1:

I agree, what do others think
don't look for what others think, look for what bible say
Re: Should Christians Confess Sin Everytime We Pray? by toluxa1(m): 11:58am On Mar 29, 2017
EvangelistNdudi:
don't look for what others think, look for what bible say

I know what the Bible says. Do you have an issue with people's contributions? Some people just want to comment.
Re: Should Christians Confess Sin Everytime We Pray? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
toluxa1:
Back up with scripture

Each time you sin, your prayers should include confession, leading up to an ultimate repentance (permanent turning away from). We should get to a poont where we're tired of repeating the same sin..
What Jesus is trying to get us to, is a point where we (through Him) conquer sin in our lives. We should not deliberately sin (& keep abusing His grace), BUT if we do...we then have
1John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful & just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
If we don't confess, then how can He make us whole? He's trying to cleanse us from filth, allow the Holy Spirit to dwell in us, use us, & prepare us for the Kingdom. He won't do it if we don't confess it and ask for a clean heart.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Confess Sin Everytime We Pray? by oaroloye(m): 7:17am On Mar 30, 2017
SHALOM!

toluxa1:
Back up with scripture

WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE A CHILD OF GOD?

Is that not SELF-EXALTATION?

If you were a Child of God, you would have NO SINS TO CONFESS.

Therefore, YOU have bought into AN ABOMINABLE HERESY- that GOD BORNS CHILDREN WITH BIRTH-DEFECTS!

You are not a Child of God until GOD SAYS that you are!
Re: Should Christians Confess Sin Everytime We Pray? by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 30, 2017
toluxa1:
Back up with scripture

I think a lot depends on how you define "prayer".

If prayer is communication with a loving Father, then it will be natural without any "formulas" to follow.

Think about it: if you need certain formulas and techniques to talk to your earthly friend, can you guys really be close?

GOD Himself in Christ removed the barrier of sin on the cross and sent His Holy Spirit so we can relate deeply with Him as new creatures in Christ.

Summary: if you're out of fellowship with GOD's Spirit, you will be led to confess your mistakes and receive GOD's forgiveness. There is no rigid formula for communication with a loving Father.

(1) (Reply)

Islam - The Universal Religion / Feast Of Unleavened Bread / Question And Answer: "What Is Free Masonry And What Do Free Masons Believe?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.