Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director (6921 Views)

Fidelity Bank Appoints Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe As New MD / First Bank Appoints Ado Yakubu Wanka As Non-Executive Director / Diamond Bank Appoints Chris Ubosi As New Non-executive Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by eyesoflagostv: 5:32am On Mar 29, 2017
WEMA BANK APPOINTS NEW NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/03/wema-bank-appoints-new-non-executive.html

Wema Bank Plc has announced the appointment of Babatunde Oladele Kasali as a Non-Executive Director, following the approval of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Kasali is a consummate professional with expertise in Audit, Risk Management, Compliance and Retail banking, spanning over three decades.
He has served as General Manager and Regional Bank Head for United Bank for Africa Plc, a bank he joined in 1996.
While at the bank, he also held several positions such as Chief Inspector, Regional Director and Divisional Director.
He has also served as Managing Director of Resolution and Restructuring Company Limited.
He has also been a Non-Executive Director at UAC of Nigeria Plc since March 27, 2013 and was a Non-Executive Director of UACN Property Development Company Plc from January 13, 2010 to March 24, 2013.
He had from February 2015 to November 26, 2015 served as a Non-Executive Director of Wema Bank Plc.
Kasali is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.
He graduated with B.Sc (Hons) Degree in Economics from Manchester Metropolitan University, UK in 1977.
Commenting on the appointment, Adeyinka Asekun, the Chairman of Wema Bank, said: “It is with great delight that I welcome Mr. Kasali who is joining the Board of Wema Bank plc. a second time. While he was with us in 2015, he showed exceptionally rich professional and corporate experience; qualities which our board is often looking for.
“I believe his skills will be valuable to our bank as we continue in our growth phase and in our quest to become the retail bank of choice in Nigeria.”

Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by jazinogold(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
j
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by crunchyg: 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
Abeg which Bank is Wema Bank because in the south we don't know it
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by Jalubarika(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
Wema still dey exist?
I studied Economics with a good grade.
I'm young and vibrant. I needed to be considered a well.

Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by eduevolutionnow(m): 7:40am On Mar 29, 2017
Hope he doesn't have itchy fingers. All the best never the less.
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by lovelove2323: 7:40am On Mar 29, 2017
okay cheesy
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by starwar(m): 7:40am On Mar 29, 2017
I wish him well in his new appointment
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by thepresence: 7:41am On Mar 29, 2017
Cool..
Sweet..
Meanwhile,
Cool, to a certain extent..
Meanwhile, 500W pure sine wave inverter for sale..
This can carry 1 energy saving bulb, 1 t.v & 1 fan..
With inbuilt charger..

N9500
0811 938 7235

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by donbenz(m): 7:41am On Mar 29, 2017
Another thief grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by penzino(m): 7:41am On Mar 29, 2017
When are they going to regain their national license, this their regional thing no make sense o
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by eipreel(f): 7:43am On Mar 29, 2017
penzino:
When are they going to regain their national license, this their regional thing no make sense o

Since when Lol

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by ANBAKO: 7:48am On Mar 29, 2017
Does that change anything? Wema customer service is like -5.

Wish him good luck!
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by eluquenson(m): 7:49am On Mar 29, 2017
Good idea
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by Benjom(m): 7:53am On Mar 29, 2017
This bank has endured for so long o. More powers to their elbows.

2 Likes

Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by opalu: 8:08am On Mar 29, 2017
Okay
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by Solitin40: 8:12am On Mar 29, 2017
No difference between Wema and Micro finance banks please sir try to get your staffs nice dress
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by Kaykay(m): 8:14am On Mar 29, 2017
ANBAKO:

Wish him good luck!

Dear don't be myopic, you don't need to say anything about what you don't know about. A 70 year old bank that is still vibrantly existing. How old are you? Chai the youth of nowadays scare me of Nigeria's future because they are future-less themselves.

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by hardbody: 8:23am On Mar 29, 2017
eduevolutionnow:
Hope he doesn't have itchy fingers. All the best never the less.

Non Execs don't have access to company assets, except perhaps they find a way of twisting governance to suit their individual whims.
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by Adewumiadedeji3(m): 8:26am On Mar 29, 2017
ANBAKO:

Wish him good luck!

SAYS WHO BE MINDFULL OF UR USE OF WORDS I WORK IN WEMA BANK AND AM SURE WE HAVE THE BEST SERVICE THAN OTHER BANKS, ESPECIALLY ON E CHANNELS NO BANKS INTEGRATION BEATS US GO FIND OUT sad
ANBAKO:

Wish him good luck!

SAYS WHO BE MINDFULL OF UR USE OF WORDS I WORK IN WEMA BANK AND AM SURE WE HAVE THE BEST SERVICE THAN OTHER BANKS, ESPECIALLY ON E CHANNELS NO BANKS INTEGRATION BEATS US GO FIND OUT

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by ANBAKO: 8:32am On Mar 29, 2017
Kaykay:

Dear don't be myopic, you don't need to say anything about what you don't know about. A 70 year old bank that is still vibrantly existing. How old are you? Chai the youth of nowadays scare me of Nigeria's future because they are future-less themselves.

Because I asked a rhetorical question about his coming on board changing anything in a bank with poor customer service? Emphasis is on the poor customer service.
Please don't be sentimental but read through my post and understand my mind....Who told you that you are older than me? You that is old why are you being childish by systematically being " insultive"? We know your achievements as elders in Nigeria since 1960.
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by ANBAKO: 8:40am On Mar 29, 2017
Adewumiadedeji3:

SAYS WHO BE MINDFULL OF UR USE OF WORDS I WORK IN WEMA BANK AND AM SURE WE HAVE THE BEST SERVICE THAN OTHER BANKS, ESPECIALLY ON E CHANNELS NO BANKS INTEGRATION BEATS US GO FIND OUT sad

SAYS WHO BE MINDFULL OF UR USE OF WORDS I WORK IN WEMA BANK AND AM SURE WE HAVE THE BEST SERVICE THAN OTHER BANKS, ESPECIALLY ON E CHANNELS NO BANKS INTEGRATION BEATS US GO FIND OUT

Oga....hear the voice of your customers....or Am I the one that run a branch without power source not once but twice. Am I the one that run a bank with customer service officers forming and ranting with no sense of customer satisfaction? Forget the Purple colour....you guys should go and learn from Union Bank (they have their own issues too though). Unfortunately, I haven't tried your e-channel.

It is feedback ....try and work on it!!!!
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by MrDraey(m): 9:12am On Mar 29, 2017
they are national now
penzino:
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by penzino(m): 9:14am On Mar 29, 2017
MrDraey:
they are national now
For real? thats nice, but av not seen them in the north o. Kaduna precisely
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by MrDraey(m): 9:29am On Mar 29, 2017
When u give instances like this i'd expected u to name the branch/branches.
ANBAKO:

Oga....hear the voice of your customers....or Am I the one that run a branch without power source not once but twice. Am I the one that run a bank with customer service officers forming and ranting with no sense of customer satisfaction? Forget the Purple colour....you guys should go and learn from Union Bank (they have their own issues too though). Unfortunately, I haven't tried your e-channel.

It is feedback ....try and work on it!!!!
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by MrDraey(m): 9:30am On Mar 29, 2017
Kaduna is going live First/week of April
penzino:
For real? thats nice, but av not seen them in the north o. Kaduna precisely
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by emsco(m): 10:08am On Mar 29, 2017
That bank has has been in business for many years and still waxing stronger,am proud to be a customer.
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by benzion72(m): 1:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
Abeg go sit down, how much is Wema share less than N5. With all your mouth and world class skill. The bank is less than good
Re: Wema Bank Appoints New Non-executive Director by penzino(m): 3:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
MrDraey:
Kaduna is going live First/week of April
Awesome, abeg i wan work for them, any lead?

(1) (Reply)

I Will Teach You How I Make Money Online Without Any Capital Passively / New Entry Opportunities Beckon As Bears Depress Stock Prices / Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.