Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians (61788 Views)

Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion / Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by justwise(m): 5:55am On Mar 29, 2017
Up to 12 ctivists broke through security at Stansted Airport tonight and chained themselves together on the runway to stop failed asylum seekers being deported.
The left-wing activists were trying to stop a flight taking up to 100 immigrants back to Nigeria and Ghana.
The runway was closed at about 10pm resulting in eight flights being diverted to other London airports. But by 11.30pm the airport was running as normal.

The protesters were part of three groups called End Deportations, Lesbians and Gays Support the Migrants and Plane Stupid.
They were heard chanting: 'No borders, no nations, stop deportations'.
One of the activists blocking the runway, Emma Hughes, said she was trying to prevent families from being separated.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4358710/Up-12-activists-break-security-Stansted.html#ixzz4cggZbugH

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 29, 2017
I hope they are not defending the bad eggs...then it becomes counterproductive.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by Kondomatic(m): 6:32am On Mar 29, 2017
Touching

25 Likes

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by benuejosh: 6:44am On Mar 29, 2017
My eyes have seen my ears! ahh! So the whites are even fighting on behalf of Nigerians? This world has finally come to an end. I can't believe it.

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by hisgrace090: 6:52am On Mar 29, 2017
Untill Nigerians reduse their crime level abroad, I will continue supporting whatsoever they go through.
I don't see how I can live with criminals under the same roof.
Whosoever resolve to crime because of difficulty is a talented criminal fullstop.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by Lexusgs430: 9:13am On Mar 29, 2017
Nah Oyinbos dey protest deportations against 9ja & our West African neighbours ? Why our African pipu no go sleep for runway ?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by ifyalways(f): 9:43am On Mar 29, 2017
Isn't it amazing that it's whites protesting this deportation?

Had this happened in Nigeria, I'm sure it's soldiers with koboko that will flog them out of the runway.

129 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by donolatunji(m): 3:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hmmmm,actually i think this move can't change anything.

2 Likes

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hi Justwise evening don land for travel section oh
Buhari's trip is yielding some positive result.
cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by Tundellinium(m): 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
Wait, wait, wait, did they lie down on the runway? Wow! Unlike where I come from, na soldier and police dem go take disrupt una protest.
As for the deportation of Nigerians and Ghanians, me no understand o... Shey no be Britain colonize the two countries

12 Likes

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by littlewonders: 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
No effect
Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by knightsTempler: 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
undecided
Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by RichDad1(m): 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
White man and better sense.

2 Likes

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by Taryur3(m): 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
Yes, i was at the scene and I joined the protest...any illegal Nigerians living here that doesn't commit any crime should be granted some freedoms.

9 Likes

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
If it were in naija they would have gunned them down
Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by martineverest(m): 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
benuejosh:
My eyes have seen my ears! ahh! So the whites are even fighting on behalf of Nigerians? This world has finally come to an end. I can't believe it.
u think whites are as heartless like africans?

16 Likes

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by Emu4life(m): 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
Anywhere naija dey, U go know.
Naija, i hail o
Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by oribi(m): 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
wow this is touching

13 Likes

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by Habayomie(m): 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
let Libyans and South-African learn from this

4 Likes

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by chuksjuve(m): 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
wonderful.....

1 Like

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by cathodekazim: 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
mayb those they wana deport r gays n lesbians
Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by CriticMaestro: 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
sending people back to Nigeria is like sending someone back to prison after escaping

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by ekensi01: 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
Please dont bring them back we dont need them infact they are useless just send then to jail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by tosyne2much(m): 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
This is unbelievable
Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by emeijeh(m): 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
Are you sure baba didn't negotiate with these ones during his last visit stay in London.

All hail baba

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by sanbells(f): 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
The non racists. I hope they get what they want

4 Likes

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by InvestinOwerri(m): 9:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Chai, what a nightmare. You guys should do all within your power to remain there o. Even if it means being jailed, at least you are assured of accomodation & 3 square meals. Since Buhari took over, Nigeria is now worse than it was before you guys left. The masses are suffering, starving and gnashing their teeth! Nothing is working here in Nigeria anymore. The country has finally gone to the dogs. The youths are totally hopeless, youngmen in their late 20's and 30's are still leaving in their parends houses and now put all their hope on bet9ja & lotto while ladies have taken to "runs". Its total madness in Nigeria right now, a rat race in a hell hole! Dont allow them to deport you!! I REPEAT, DO NOT COME BACK!!!

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians by BabylonCruise(m): 9:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
Try it at Kaduna airport. ........Na cow go ask How far.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) / Airport Workers Push Passenger Plane In Nigeria (Video, Photos) / Unidentified Lady Involved In Accident In Lagos. Do You Know Her? (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.