Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Listen To Me (A Satire). - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Listen To Me (A Satire). (1932 Views)

Listen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Listen To Me (A Satire). by joseph1832(m): 6:07am On Mar 29, 2017
Listen to me oh ye Nigerians as I tell you tales that will make your fragile heart weep at the same time, smile.

Listen to me when I tell you my country is full of people who are drunk with religion and tribalism.

Listen to me when I tell you there are many who haven't eaten today, yet they waste their time on the internet.

Listen to me when I tell you many nigerians are foolish because they're mentally lazy.

Listen to me when I tell you that the quote: "if you want to punish a Nigerian, give him a hard copy book to read", is true!.

Listen to me when I tell you just because you can read, doesn't mean you understand/comprehend what you read.

Listen to me when I tell you going to school and obtaining a degree doesn't mean you're educated.

Listen to me when I tell you there's a big difference between being educated and being enlightened.

Listen to me when I tell you I live in a country where corruption is a virtue and honesty is a vice.

Listen to me when I tell you because you have money, doesn't mean you're rich.

Listen to me when I tell you our politicians understand the basic thinking of a Nigerian because they know what pettiness is because they themselves, are petty.

Listen to me when I tell you Nigeria might be the only country, where a voter sell his vote for two cups of rice.

Listen to me when I tell you my country men hardly follow the advice of Proverbs 6 verse 6.

Listen to me when I tell you nepotism is as favourable as going to church on Sunday morning.

Listen to when I tell you that you might not be as different as former president Jonathan and President Buhari.

Listen to me when I tell you that you might be the next millionaire, in the twinkle of an eye, as long as you live in Nigeria.

Listen to me when I tell you "Nigeria is the giant of Africa" is a poetic device call irony.

Listen to me when I tell you you're getting tired of reading me say listen to me.

Listen to me when I tell you, you want me to stop saying listen to me because you might be getting angry.

Listen to me when I tell you you have no choice than to listen to me because you want to know how this poem listen to me will end.

Listen to me when I tell you I'm just getting started.

Listen to me when I tell you Seun is behaving like a classic capitalist: sacrificing intellect at the expense of buffoonery, as long as his bank account keeps smirking.

Listen to me when I tell you Nairaland reflects the thinking of the average nigerian: it is petty, weak, un intelligent, appalling and at the same time, beautiful.

Listen to me when I tell you only in Nairaland, will you read a person leave his business just to campaign for Miss Nairaland.

Listen to me when I tell you only in Nairaland, will you read a person claim to be a mullato, when in fact, they're blacker than the blackest coal mined from the deepest mine in Enugu.

Listen to me when I tell you I will name great minds in Nairaland, not the mind of that mindless mynd who last 44 seconds inside the opposite mind, but the minds of great minds like Postmann, Lezz, Ishilove, TheSonOfMark, Crackhaus, musicwriter, hahn, creamish, joseph1013 and the mind of fellow minds who mind the mind of other minds and impact great mind in them.

Listen to me when I tell you lalasticlala doesn't really like snakes, he's just following the instruction of 'Oga Boss'.

Listen to me when I tell you just because you have eyes and you can see, doesn't mean you can see.

Listen to me when I tell you just because you have eyes, and you can see, doesn't mean a blind man can't see better than you.

Listen to me when I tell you since you've been listening to me, the words listen to me is echoing in your mind.

Listen to me when I tell you since you've been listening to me, you know I speak the truth.

Listen to me when I tell you the words 'listen to me' is a poetic device call repetition.

Listen to me when I tell you the poetic device Repetition, is a powerful poetic device, that's why it's echoing in your mind.

Listen to me when I tell you this poem, is greatly inspired by Mutabaruka's 'Dis Poem'.

Listen to me when I tell you I may get banned for posting this poem.

Listen to me when I tell you just because I hate you, doesn't mean I don't like you.

Thank you for listening to me.

19 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 29, 2017
nice one bro
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by Ishilove: 9:33am On Mar 29, 2017
joseph1832:
Listen to me oh ye Nigerians as I tell you tales that will make your fragile heart weep at the same time, smile.

Listen to me when I tell you my country is full of people who are drunk with religion and tribalism.

Listen to me when I tell you there are many who haven't eaten today, yet they waste their time on the internet.

Listen to me when I tell you many nigerians are foolish because they're mentally lazy.

Listen to me when I tell you that the quote: "if you want to punish a Nigerian, give him a hard copy book to read", is true!.

Listen to me when I tell you just because you can read, doesn't mean you understand/comprehend what you read.

Listen to me when I tell you going to school and obtaining a degree doesn't mean you're educated.

Listen to me when I tell you there's a big difference between being educated and being enlightened.

Listen to me when I tell you I live in a country where corruption is a virtue and honesty is a vice.

Listen to me when I tell you our politicians understand the basic thinking of a Nigerian because they know what pettiness is because they themselves, are petty.

Listen to me when I tell you Nigeria might be the only country, where a voter sell his vote for two cups of rice.

Listen to me when I tell you my country men hardly follow the advice of Proverbs 6 verse 6.

Listen to me when I tell you nepotism is as favourable as going to church on Sunday morning.

Listen to when I tell you that you might not be as different as former president Jonathan and President Buhari.

Listen to me when I tell you that you might be the next millionaire, in the twinkle of an eye, as long as you live in Nigeria.

Listen to me when I tell you "Nigeria is the giant of Africa" is a poetic device call irony.

Listen to me when I tell you you're getting tired of reading me say listen to me.

Listen to me when I tell you, you want me to stop saying listen to me because you might be getting angry.

Listen to me when I tell you you have no choice than to listen to me because you want to know how this poem listen to me will end.

Listen to me when I tell you Seun is behaving like a classic capitalist: sacrificing intellect at the expense of buffoonery, as long as his bank account keeps smirking.

Listen to me when I tell you Nairaland reflects the thinking of the average nigerian: it is petty, weak, un intelligent, appalling and at the same time, beautiful.

Listen to me when I tell you only in Nairaland, will you read a person leave his business just to campaign for Miss Nairaland.

Listen to me when I tell you only in Nairaland, will you read a person claim to be a mullato, when in fact, they're blacker than the blackest coal mined from the deepest mine in Enugu.

Listen to me when I tell you I will name great minds in Nairaland, not the mind of that mindless mynd who last 44 seconds inside the opposite mind, but the minds of great minds like Postmann, Lezz, Ishilove, TheSonOfMark, Crackhaus, musicwriter, hahn, creamish, joseph1013 and the mind of fellow minds who mind the mind of other minds and impact great mind in them.

Listen to me when I tell you lalasticlala doesn't really like snakes, he's just following the instruction of 'Oga Boss'.

Listen to me when I tell you just because you have eyes and you can see, doesn't mean you can see.

Listen to me when I tell you just because you have eyes, and you can see, doesn't mean a blind man can't see better than you.

Listen to me when I tell you since you've been listening to me, the words listen to me is echoing in your mind.

Listen to me when I tell you since you've been listening to me, you know I speak the truth.

Listen to me when I tell you the words 'listen to me' is a poetic device call repetition.

Listen to me when I tell you the poetic device Repetition, is a powerful poetic device, that's why it's echoing in your mind.

Listen to me when I tell you this poem, is greatly inspired by Mutabaruka's 'Dis Poem'.

Listen to me when I tell you just because I hate you, doesn't mean I don't like you.

Noice... wink

1 Like

Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by postmann: 10:04am On Mar 29, 2017
joseph1832:

Didn't I say this brother Joe got so much to teach?

The boldened was a spark of creative genius and managed to be so humour-infectious!
grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by joseph1832(m): 10:48am On Mar 29, 2017
postmann:

Didn't I say this brother Joe got so much to teach?

The boldened was a spark of creative genius and managed to be so humour-infectious!
grin grin grin
And to avoid a ban, of course. cheesy
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by postmann: 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
joseph1832:
And to avoid a ban, of course. cheesy

Of course. You managed to fire your shot, hitting the target while keeping your gun innocently cold.
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by postmann: 1:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
Viewing topic;

FTBOY

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by FTBOY: 2:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
postmann:
Viewing topic;

FTBOY

grin grin grin
listen to me when i tell you i've been doing more of listening to than just reading this poem. grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by joseph1832(m): 2:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
postmann:

Of course. You managed to fire your shot, hitting the target while keeping your gun innocently cold.
grin grin grin
Aye. My shot was faster than the speed of sound. I guess that's why the thread hasn't been deleted. grin
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by UltraLeslie1: 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ishilove:

Noice... wink
Slippery love.

2 Likes

Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by Ishilove: 2:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
UltraLeslie1:
Slippery love.
Nope, realistic.
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by postmann: 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2017
FTBOY:
listen to me when i tell you i've been doing more of listening to than just reading this poem. grin grin

Just as expected! Every single detail assimilated.
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by llaykorn: 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
Beautiful, Joseph. We're going to add 'social critic' to your list of titles very soon. One thing, though. I think satires lose their gripping power when the authors name them as satires, and the audience know what to expect even before they start reading. Lol
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by joseph1832(m): 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
llaykorn:
Beautiful, Joseph. We're going to add 'social critic' to your list of titles very soon. One thing, though. I think satires lose their gripping power when the authors name them as satires, and the audience know what to expect even before they start reading. Lol
I understand you. But it's always nice to let the audience know what they're reading so we wouldn't have another 'moganacanta' here. I'm sure you remember how that went? grin
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by llaykorn: 8:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
joseph1832:
I understand you. But it's always nice to let the audience know what they're reading so we wouldn't have another 'moganacanta' here. I'm sure you remember how that went? grin

Oh, yeah! I can't forget him. I wonder where he is with his 'dancing language' crap.
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by joseph1832(m): 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
llaykorn:

Oh, yeah! I can't forget him. I wonder where he is with his 'dancing language' crap.
LOL. I absolutely don't know. I believe with recent event, I may have to hang my pen for a while.
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by llaykorn: 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
joseph1832:
LOL. I absolutely don't know. I believe with recent event, I may have to hang my pen for a while.

You sure will get a beffiting welcome in the DPL now that I am their president.

DPL: Dead Poets League cheesy
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by joseph1832(m): 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
llaykorn:

You sure will get a beffiting welcome in the DPL now that I am their president.

DPL: Dead Poets League cheesy
LMAO!. I hear you. But I'm not dead, not in the least bit. My sex poems will continue. Every sex experience gets written poetically. grin

It's a whole new world full of sexual adventure. grin
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by llaykorn: 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
joseph1832:
LMAO!. I hear you. But I'm not dead, not in the least bit. My sex poems will continue. Every sex experience gets written poetically. grin

It's a whole new world full of sexual adventure. grin

I don't want to imagine that each poem in your collection represents a different partner. Beware: Magun is real!
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by joseph1832(m): 8:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
llaykorn:

I don't want to imagine that each poem in your collection represents a different partner. Beware: Magun is real!
grin Magun is for married women and I don't do married women.

Beside, you'd be surprised how a healthy imagination and sex experience makes a man a better poet, especially when he puts those experience in writing. grin
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by llaykorn: 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
joseph1832:
grin Magun is for married women and I don't do married women.

Beside, you'd be surprised how a healthy imagination and sex experience makes a man a better poet, especially when he puts those experience in writing. grin

Oh, yeah! Thanks for all the pieces of advice. smiley
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by joseph1832(m): 9:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
llaykorn:

Oh, yeah! Thanks for all the pieces of advice. smiley
You're always welcome.
Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by McBrooklyn(m): 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
joseph1832:

Listen to me when I tell you Seu.n is behaving like a classic capitalist: sacrificing intellect at the expense of buffoonery, as long as his bank account keeps smirking.

Listen to me when I tell you I will name great minds in Nairaland, not the mind of that mindless mynd who last 44 seconds inside the opposite mind, but the minds of great minds like Post.mann, Le.zz, Ish.ilove, TheSonOfM.ark, Crackh.aus, music.writer, h.ahn, creami.sh, joseph1.013 and the mind of fellow minds who mind the mind of other minds and impact great mind in them.

Listen to me when I tell you lalas.ticlala doesn't really like snakes, he's just following the instruction of 'Oga Boss'.

Listen to me when I tell you this poem, is greatly inspired by Mutaba.ruka's 'Dis Poem'.

Wow, I fûcking love this piece... Wehdonesir cool

@TheEmboldened part though... cheesy grin

Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by joseph1832(m): 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
McBrooklyn:

Wow, I fûcking love this piece... Wehdonesir cool

@TheEmboldened part though... cheesy grin

LOL. Thank you for liking it. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by cornelin(m): 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
I love your work sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Listen To Me (A Satire). by joseph1832(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
cornelin:
I love your work sir
Thank you very much. smiley

(1) (Reply)

When The One U Love Does Not… / Ping Me!!! / Mango Seedling - A 1969 Poem By Chinua Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.