Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

How Long Did You Wait Before Being Mobilized By NYSC After Graduation? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Long Did You Wait Before Being Mobilized By NYSC After Graduation? (3577 Views)

NYSC issues’’You Have Not Been Mobilized Because Valid Details Were Not Sent ‘’ / Photos Of Corper Ugwi Mary Martha Killed At AAU Graduation Party / Prospective Corp Member Decries Failure To Be Mobilized By NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Did You Wait Before Being Mobilized By NYSC After Graduation? by FavoredGuy: 7:22am On Mar 29, 2017
Let's share experience together and evaluate the progress or otherwise in terms of NYSC mobilization. It does not matter whether you served in the 70s, 80s, 90s or in this 21st century.

I start with myself. I finished my final year exams (including everything about my project) in June 2015. My school senate approved our result on August 5 and NYSC mobilized me for service in March 2016. As a result of this their stream i & ii, the wait had to be extended till June 2016 before we started our orientation.

So all in all, I spent one year (June to June) after graduation before going for national service. It wasn't easy because by that time I have already employed myself gainfully (when I say gainfully, I mean gainfully) and it became more and more unpredictable when I'll be leaving for NYSC service. The waiting actually affects many graduates' planning and execution of plans for life after school.

What about you or any of your relations or neighbours or friends or even your enemies?

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before Being Mobilized By NYSC After Graduation? by Bibi294(f): 7:26am On Mar 29, 2017
FavoredGuy:
Let's share experience together and evaluate the progress or otherwise in terms of NYSC mobilization. It does not matter whether you served in the 70s, 80s, 90s or in this 21st century.

I start with myself. I finished my final year exams (including everything about my project) in June 2015. My school senate approved our result on August 5 and NYSC mobilized me for service in March 2016. As a result of this their stream i & ii, the wait had to be extended till June 2016 before we started our orientation.

So all in all, I spent one year (June to June) after graduation before going for national service. It wasn't easy because by that time I have already employed myself gainfully (when I say gainfully, I mean gainfully) and it became more and more unpredictable when I'll be leaving for NYSC service. The waiting actually affects many graduates' planning and execution of plans for life after school.

What about you or any of your relations or neighbours or friends or even your enemies?

A year, four months... Finally graduated Feb, 2015....was called up June , 2016
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before Being Mobilized By NYSC After Graduation? by StarBukola(f): 7:28am On Mar 29, 2017
My own almost 8months

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before Being Mobilized By NYSC After Graduation? by Shizcool: 9:19am On Mar 29, 2017
www.jobscotham.com
I am leaving to Switzerland for greener pasture curtsy of www.jobscotham.com they gave me fee visa and ticket but I will be paying as I am been paid over there I think its a good one then to rotten here after NYSC

if you apply always check your junk or bulk mail because that's where I saw my reply from them

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Camp "Bon Fire" Night. / See An Application Written By A Corps Member! / January Alawee 15b Stream2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.