Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. (1444 Views)

Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos) / Favour Adenuga & Goodnews Johnson, First Class Students In Medicine, ABU Zaria / Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by enesty77(m): 7:35am On Mar 29, 2017
As a former student of first class, I would love to share my story with everyone who passionately intends to graduate with a first class degree. Am currently a student of mechanical engineering in year three. It all started as a race without brake and I had all the zeal, energy and passion required to even graduate with 5.00 CGPA. Our first semester result was released and lo and behold, I had 4.91, I became angry that I wont fulfill my dream of graduating with 5.00 anymore. I never knew the worst was still on the way. My second semester began with that enthusiasm as of the first. I am not the type who keep female friends, and I am not getting any younger(25) so I felt the need to get someone around. I found this babe someworth ok and she had the basic qualities of the kinda girl I had wanted. We then got started and it was going on smoothly and we had real good time both academicaly and morally. She had always appreciated me for teaching her a lot about life. Contrary to my first semester when I had all the time alone, now my time was divided in the sense that I have to satisfy the both of us academically- we did some courses together. We got really close and things started getting bad that she began to shoe me her bad side in some sort. She could shout at me and command me to do anything for her. I tried as much as I could to cope with her, but things went worse with time. Long story cut short is that I had a semesterial GP of 4.33. It kept dropping as I continued to allow more friends around me. I was not too selective of my friends as I tried as much as possible to carry everyone along. As am writing this peice my CGPA is now 4.16, the girl in question is no longer close to me, we dont even chat anymore. She was always calling me like we were dating. I can't recall the last time I saw a call from her, probably three months ago. Another problem I faced was laxity. I got relaxed and felt everything is easy so why should I study hard. I became enotionally down as a result of keeping some unrully friends who felt no rimorse in dishing out abusive words in an attempt to sound more friendly. I can take some of those stuffs personal atimes though. I'd love to draw up a list of lessons to everyone reading this post.
(1) Always learn to be yourself and love your own uniqueness.
(2) Never you try to fit in. Create your own world and make it worth copying by others.
(3) Never compromise your standard for anyone. It will not worth it in the end.
(4) Always set healthy limits for whoever you keep as friend. Especially the toxic ones.
(5) Once a friend offends you, feel free to get angry at them immediately, they will respect you.
(6) Help others, but don't do that at the detriment of your academic excellence.
(7) Make friends with those who are ahead of you in all spheres of life, go to church, attend social gatherings.
(cool Exhale laziness with all your muscle.
I felt like sharing this with you, and I do hope it inspires someone. God bless you as you thread on the path to greatness. Done.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by olasquare22: 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hmmm! This is a great lesson. I hope other First Class Graduate hopefuls would learn from this.

1 Like

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by SetrakusRa(m): 12:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
I relate with all your points bro.. You really said the truth.. Nice one

2 Likes

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
Modify your first line: "as a former student of first class". Dunno if to laugh or cry, but honestly you have a great GPA. Don't kill yourself over what won't matter after graduation.

2 Likes

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
Just apply the maxim of avoiding women and all will be good.

Good to know.

But OP, you sef be one kind guy. How do you start dating in 100L grin
Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
Just apply the maxim of avoiding women and all will be good.

Good to know.

But OP, you sef be one kind guy. How do you start dating in 100L grin
Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
enesty77:
As an ex student of first class I would love to share my story with everyone who passionately intends to graduate with a first class degree. Am currently a student of mechanical engineering in year three. It all started as a race without brake and I had all the zeal, energy and passion required to even graduate with 5.00 CGPA. Our first semester result was released and lo and behold, I had 4.91, I became angry that I wont fulfill my dream of graduating with 5.00 anymore.
We got really close and things started getting bad that she began to shoe me her bad side in some sort. She could shout at me and command me to do anything for her. I tried as much as I could to cope with her, but things went worse with time. Long story cut short is that I had a semesterial GP of 4.33. It kept dropping as I continued to allow more friends around me. I was not too selective of my friends as I tried as much as possible to carry everyone along. As am writing this peice my CGPA is now 4.16. God bless you as you thread on the path to greatness. Done
well you tried and I'm aware of the certain stresses that comes around with typing especially with android phones with its auto correct ishes. but bro the truth is that a genuine first class can write more better than this without flaws.

Anyways forgive my pride though. I've learnt a lot from your experience and my vigor has been edified and spurred and my morale boosted
Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by olasquare22: 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
well you tried and I'm aware of the certain stresses that comes around with typing especially with android phones with its auto correct ishes. but bro the truth is that a genuine first class can write more better than this without flaws.

Anyways forgive my pride though. I've learnt a lot from your experience and my vigor has been edified and spurred and my morale boosted

Shut up ur stinking mouth, you are rude! Is 1st class measured by grammatical prowess? If u've got nothing to say, must u comment?

3 Likes

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by UIA04(f): 4:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
Op i don't see how no 5 relates to been on a first class

However the rest of your points are true

Op instead of wallowing in self pity learn from your mistakes and Move on
Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
olasquare22:

[s]

Shut up ur stinking mouth, you are rude! Is 1st class measured by grammatical prowess? If u've got nothing to say, must u comment? [/s]
illiterate spotted

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by enesty77(m): 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
GrandFinale2017:

Lol.. pls pardon my grammatical error. I'm better at mathematics. Thanks.
Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by shegemenge(m): 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Bro I spot you....I spot you man.... I'm on this with you. I so much believe in you....you can still do it!! And you know what?? you got all it takes. I feel like pouring out all my heart but can't just figure out what to say. Anyways it still doesn't stop you from being a "fufu"
Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by shegemenge(m): 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
lala where art thou
Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by kennyjam: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2017
enesty77:
As a former student of first class, I would love to share my story with everyone who passionately intends to graduate with a first class degree. Am currently a student of mechanical engineering in year three. It all started as a race without brake and I had all the zeal, energy and passion required to even graduate with 5.00 CGPA. Our first semester result was released and lo and behold, I had 4.91, I became angry that I wont fulfill my dream of graduating with 5.00 anymore. I never knew the worst was still on the way. My second semester began with that enthusiasm as of the first. I am not the type who keep female friends, and I am not getting any younger(25) so I felt the need to get someone around. I found this babe someworth ok and she had the basic qualities of the kinda girl I had wanted. We then got started and it was going on smoothly and we had real good time both academicaly and morally. She had always appreciated me for teaching her a lot about life. Contrary to my first semester when I had all the time alone, now my time was divided in the sense that I have to satisfy the both of us academically- we did some courses together. We got really close and things started getting bad that she began to shoe me her bad side in some sort. She could shout at me and command me to do anything for her. I tried as much as I could to cope with her, but things went worse with time. Long story cut short is that I had a semesterial GP of 4.33. It kept dropping as I continued to allow more friends around me. I was not too selective of my friends as I tried as much as possible to carry everyone along. As am writing this peice my CGPA is now 4.16, the girl in question is no longer close to me, we dont even chat anymore. She was always calling me like we were dating. I can't recall the last time I saw a call from her, probably three months ago. Another problem I faced was laxity. I got relaxed and felt everything is easy so why should I study hard. I became enotionally down as a result of keeping some unrully friends who felt no rimorse in dishing out abusive words in an attempt to sound more friendly. I can take some of those stuffs personal atimes though. I'd love to draw up a list of lessons to everyone reading this post.
(2) Never you try to fit in. Create your own world and make it worth copying by others.
(4) Always set healthy limits for whoever you keep as friend. Especially the toxic ones.
(5) Once a friend offends you, feel free to get angry at them immediately, they will respect you.
(6) Help others, but don't do that at the detriment of your academic excellence.
(7) Make friends with those who are ahead of you in all spheres of life, go to church, attend social gatherings.
I felt like sharing this with you, and I do hope it inspires someone. God bless you as you thread on the path to greatness. Done.
This my dept also. Thanks for thisfor this piece!
Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by enesty77(m): 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
shegemenge:
Bro I spot you....I spot you man....
I'm on this with you.
I so much believe in you....you can still do it!!
And you know what?? you got all it takes.
I feel like pouring out all my heart but can't just figure out what to say.
Anyways it still doesn't stop you from being a "fufu"
LWKMD.. Boss, thanks so much for clinging the same page with me. I have plans of getting back strongly, and am seriously working on that rightaway. Your prayers would help me a lot sir. Thanks bro.
Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by RichardKajola(m): 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hmmn very educative and practical, hope I can put to practice all ur advice

1 Like

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by enesty77(m): 12:08am On Mar 30, 2017
RichardKajola:
Hmmn very educative and practical, hope I can put to practice all ur advice
You can. Just be a determined goal getter. Success bro

1 Like

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by kennyjam: 5:26am On Mar 31, 2017
Really a great lesson.OP am in the same dept with you but a freshman. Thanks.

Can i relate to you better, Sir?

1 Like

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by Deprofessional(m): 10:23am On Mar 31, 2017
When i was admitted to do part time in one of the state universities in the east, I vowed to finish with a first class.

I did but it is not without some consequencies. Now what are the consequencies?

(1) I became a bad guy in my class because i don't talk to anyone in the exam hall.

(2) Some of my coursemates who think it is their right to have me teach them were disappointed.

(3) some of the girls and women in my class who believe that i can do their assignments of give them mine to copy from were disappointed.

(4) some who came for carryover and who thought they can bribe me to sit close to them in the exam hall were disappointed. In fact, i had to tell one of the to give that money to the lecturer after the exams. But unfortunately, no lecturer collects a dime from my school.

Lesson, first class is not mai-mai, if you must achieve it, start from your year one and be ready to answer bad names.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by enesty77(m): 11:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
kennyjam:
Really a great lesson.OP am in the same dept with you but a freshman. Thanks.

Can i relate to you better, Sir?
of course u can bro

1 Like

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by kennyjam: 11:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
enesty77:
of course u can bro

Let me send you a PM

1 Like

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by RichardKajola(m): 10:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
enesty77:
You can. Just be a determined goal getter. Success bro
Thanks and wish u success

1 Like

Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by kennyjam: 10:00pm On May 10, 2017
enesty77:
of course u can bro

Good evening bro.... You're yet to reply my mail for a very long time now, pls. thanks!
Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by Baasik(m): 4:44pm On Mar 16, 2020
It's been 2years+ now

I'm sure you're done with school

Did you later achieve it?
Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by royrit: 4:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
enroll for our event planning training get certified
Re: An Indispensible Lesson For The Intending First Class Students. by Kalatium(m): 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2020
enesty77:
Y worry about GPA
In the next 5years, 90% of what matters to you today will not matter anymore. Life continues

(1) (Reply)

Undergraduate Law Student Wins Best Bum Competition / Babcock University Student,khabirah Ibraheem Needs Your Help To Save Her Life / How To Calculate GPA Of The National Open University 2018 Released Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.