Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,753 members, 7,806,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" (29238 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Senator Elisha Abbo Who Assaulted Lady / Oby Ezekwesili blasts Sani Shehu, Vanguard newspaper For Sharing Fake News / Oby Ezekwesili Blasts President Buhari's Supporter On Twitter, See What She Said (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by shadfoye: 1:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
How I wishes somebody somehow take Nigeria back to her glorious hieght by JERRY RAWLINGS style in Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Chiomenwa(f): 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
E
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by freeze001(f): 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hehehe this madam Ezekwesili is funny with her selective criticism or is she afraid of a nocturnal DSS visit if she speaks the truth? Why is she calling the NASS only? What gas the entire APC-led govt achieved? Now it is d problem of young Nigerians abi? When she was insulting other govt functionaries in d previous dispensation she was as loud as her wide mouth and called them out directly but now it is to insult young Nigerians for laughing...I don't blame her sha cos even her BBOG claim to fame has been unceremoniously snatched from her.

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
I so much hate those guys.
Nigerian are good at hating their poor selves
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Senipapa(m): 1:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
Qmerit:
The Igbos would still call her names..... just watch forgetting she's one of theirs.
I am Igbo and she's so right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by carinmom(f): 1:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
Qmerit:
The Igbos would still call her names..... just watch forgetting she's one of theirs.

They have since disowned her because they hate the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by burkingx(f): 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
grin

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Kingspin(m): 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
She better blast the entire Nigerian structure. The status quo is a failure. People should think well right now because, both the presidency and the Senate contributed to the nation mess. The blame game continue. Who will fix the blame?

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by omenkaLives(m): 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
NaijaNaWaa:
True. But is the Executive any better?
The executive isn't any better. But have you asked why the NASS has failed to show us her budget after Saraki promised same over a year ago? We know the budget of the executive right down to the appropriation for kitchen utensils, what do we know about NASS'??

These are the pertinent questions we should be asking the NASS.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Senipapa(m): 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
mrifeanyi65363:
Are you tired of Losing?
This is another way for you to win...
200 odd 100% fixed matches...
Don't just sit down and celebrate others
Make a move and let them celebrate you
Join us today and you will be smiling tomorrow...
ADD ME ON FACEBOOK..https://web.facebook.com/johnpaul.ifeanyi.73?_rdr
WHATSAPP OR CALL: with the number in the picture below....
Bros since it's sure game, why go through the stress of promotional campaign to sell the game when you can just stake high, win and amass wealth. Oloshi

11 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by omenkaLives(m): 1:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
Mcreloaded:
*PMB is not the problem of Nigeria*

Please read this post by VOA (Victor Okechukwu Anyaegbuna)
I repeat, PMB is not the problem of Nigeria. Take it or leave it.
So
WHO ARE THE KLEPTOCRATS?
Read this intriguing and provocative piece; yet Nigerians refuse to be provoked instead holding one man, Buhari, responsible for all their woes!
How far can you push a Nigerian before he reacts like an angry lion?
Isn't it a ridiculous mockery and insult that Nigerians are the only world citizens that when pushed to the wall, spend more energy to break the wall and cross over rather than fight back?
Read this and let's know who our real enemies and shameless oppressors are - GOVERNORS, EX-GOVERNORS, SENATORS, REPS. Can't we do something to get rid of these big thieves that use our power against us?
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
NIGERIANS WAKE UP!
A lion never shies away from a fight when it is hungry, neither does it blame the buffalo for resisting or refusing to be eaten.
How come our forefathers dared death and everything to give us a sane society?
Shaaaaaame!!!
Please endeavour to read this very interesting piece!

STATE OF THE NATION
A SELF DECEIVING COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA

Twenty-one senators currently receiving pensions from government as ex-governors and deputy governors.

The current senators who once served as governors are Bukola Saraki of Kwara, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano, Kabiru Gaya of Kano, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Theodore Orji of Abia, Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa, Sam Egwu of Ebonyi, Shaaba Lafiagi of Kwara, Joshua Dariye of Plateau Jonah Jang of Plateau, Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko of Sokoto, Ahmed Sani Yarima of Zamfara, Danjuma Goje of Gombe, Bukar Abba Ibrahim of Yobe, Adamu Aliero of Kebbi, George Akume of Benue and Isiaka Adeleke of Osun.

The former deputy governors in the Senate are Ms Biodun Olujimi of Ekiti and Enyinaya Harcourt Abaribe of Abia. Danladi Abubakar Sani served as the acting governor of Taraba state.

Many former governors are also in Buhari's Cabinet as Ministers. This includes: Ngige, Fayemi, Amaechi and Fashola (SAN).).

In Akwa Ibom State, the law provides that ex governors and deputy governors receive pension equivalent to the salaries of the incumbent. The package also includes a new official car and a utility vehicle every four years; one personal aide; a cook, chauffeurs and security guards for the governor at a sum not exceeding N5 million per month and N2.5 million for his deputy governor.

In Rivers, the law provides 100 percent of annual basic salaries for the ex-governor and deputy, one residential house for the former governor “anywhere of his choice in Nigeria”; one residential house anywhere in Rivers for the deputy, three cars for the ex-governor every four years and two cars for the deputy every four years.

It is alledged that in Lagos, a former governor will get two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja, estimated at N500 million in Lagos and N700 million in Abuja. He also receives six new cars to be replaced every three years; a furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a N30 million pension annually for life.

This is the reality for all the 21 ex govenors and deputy governors who are currently serving as senators. This same is also true of ex governors who are now serving as Ministers.

NOW I ASK:
How many years did these guys serve their states as governors and deputy governors? Is it more than 8years? Is that a reason to be entitled to pensions for life? Even if they are entitled to pension for life, must it be so outrageous?

As if that is not enough: HOW on earth can any public servant with conscience collect salaries and allowances as a senator or minister, and still have the audacity to claim pensions equivalent to the salaries of a serving governor in Nigeria?

IT ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE......

Once you are elected a senator or appointed a minister, you must forfeit any pension accruing to you from government at any level until you vacate office. This should also apply to senators collecting military pensions like former Senate President David Mark.

Yet these senators are in the Senate that is inviting the current finance minister to discuss the recession of Nigeria's economy. A senator pockets approximately 30 million naira monthly as salary and allowances. Our "honourables" are not interested to make laws that could restructure our country into economically autonomous federating States/Regions to save the country from sectional agitations that is threatening to destroy Nigeria. The sad and hopeless situation is that the rest of Nigerians are busy arguing based on party, ethnic and affiliations while these enemies of state continue to rape us.

Do you know that it costs tax payers 290m Naira yearly to maintain each member of our National Assembly in a country where nothing works & 80% of population earn below 300 Naira a day ? A working day earning of a senator is more than a yearly income of a doctor; it's more than the salary of 42 Army generals or 48 professors or 70 commissioners of police or more than twice the pay of the US President or 9 times the salary of US congressmen.

It's high time the country had a referendum on those outrageous salaries of Senators, House of Representative members and other political office holders.

*If you are seriously against the looting of our commonwealth in Nigeria, in the name of democracy, you can let this piece go viral by sharing it with as many of your contacts and groups too!*
These words should be reproduced and printed on fliers and handed to motorists in every city in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Qmerit(m): 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Senipapa:
I am Igbo and she's so right

Sorry I am not talking to the right thinking Igbos. I call the unthinking ones Igbos. God bless you bro/sis... Since NOV this sinate has not approved budget submitted to it. All they do is sit argue bout cars,uniform and what not but not touching the budget. Tomorrow we say executive is not working

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
The only thing Nigerian Senators care about is acquiring cars and houses from looted funds.They have never published details of their annual budget. How their N120 billion annual budget is spent has never been made known to the Nigerian public.

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by dami2boi(m): 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Like Seriously! angry
Qmerit:
Well i understand you better Now, because you, don't know the Thief among you but the Thief is still among you
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Klington: 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
True talk ma. But just pray nothing draws you close to them for screening, cos na automatic disqualification.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
modelmike7:
80% of them are rogues and criminals. They have never missed their salaries and bogus allowances for just a month, they only sit and crack rubbish jokes in the house, bunch of corrupt souls. It is so appaling when you read that a Nigerian senator earns "times 9" of what his American counterpart earns in a year!!... To make matters worse, you see some jobless Nigerian youths making case and support the corrupt senators that have no plans for them, but only to suck their future dry. . . God help our country.
modelmike7:
80% of them are rogues and criminals. They have never missed their salaries and bogus allowances for just a month, they only sit and crack rubbish jokes in the house, bunch of corrupt souls. It is so appaling when you read that a Nigerian senator earns "times 9" of what his American counterpart earns in a year!!... To make matters worse, you see some jobless Nigerian youths making case and support the corrupt senators that have no plans for them, but only to suck their future dry. . . God help our country.
modelmike7:
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by icon8: 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
Learnt a new word today:

hew
hjuː/Submit
verb
chop or cut (something, especially wood or coal) with an axe, pick, or other tool.
"master carpenters would hew the logs with an axe"

Example: hewers of wood and drawers of water - Oby Ezekwesili (2017).

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
omenkaLives:
The executive isn't any better. But have you asked why the NASS has failed to show us her budget after Saraki promised same over a year ago? We know the budget of the executive right down to the appropriation for kitchen utensils, what do we know about NASS'??

These are the pertinent questions we should be asking the NASS.
As long as Saraki is Senate President we will never know the details of how the budget is spent.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by goshen26: 1:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
Funny people everywhere
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by dami2boi(m): 1:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
Mcreloaded:

So *

Please Stop this, it is not Good for your Health
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Bridget95(f): 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
Qmerit:
They should stand on the top of tables and clap for her because she sings the praises of babu by insulting NASS.The fact is that both NASS and Babu are both failures because they have achieved nothing since 29/5/15.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by dustydee: 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
I don't often agree with Oby, but on this, I agree.
waiting for the senate ethics committee to invite her.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Spuggie: 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
Qmerit:

When will you grow up?

Rise above hate. Damn
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
If its were GEJ administration, by now you would have been everywhere with placards.
No more money and contracts to protest against the government on the streets instead in the holes thrashing with Twitter

Maybe some factions of APC have hired you for tweeting contract.

We need you on the streets of Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Qmerit(m): 1:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
Bridget95:
They should stand on the top of tables and clap for her because she sings the praises of babu by insulting NASS.The fact is that both NASS and Babu are both failures because they have achieved nothing since 29/5/15.

Just listen to urself? And when I say Igbo who exactly am I talking bout?
I didn't see where she praise anybody as u just said. I have some of her arguments and I like many of them that exactly is my point! Whether she's wrong or right people like u would still call her names that's my point.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Kingspin(m): 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
teamsynergy:
am sure people will come here to attack the woman and on still claim they don't support corruption and evil..... there is always money to pay our senators, but never enough money to pay teachers, doctors, nurses etc... smh
Who is that saint, the same politicians are eating the money. Don't be selective, from presidency to senate and gov down are same. This is the type of our politics going going on, power tussle.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Qmerit(m): 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Spuggie:

When will you grow up?

Rise above hate. Damn

If you guys stop hating your own cause cause he/she says the truth I would grow up sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by teamsynergy: 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
Kingspin:
Who is that saint, the same politicians are eating the money. Don't be selective, from presidency to senate and gov down are same. This is the type of our politics going going on, power tussle.
did excuse any politician here? she tweeted abt d senate and I commented on that... I have no regard for any public figure in Nigeria...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by mrsfavour(f): 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Mcreloaded:

So
WHO ARE THE KLEPTOCRATS?
Read this intriguing and provocative piece; yet Nigerians refuse to be provoked instead holding one man, Buhari, responsible for all their woes!
How far can you push a Nigerian before he reacts like an angry lion?
Isn't it a ridiculous mockery and insult that Nigerians are the only world citizens that when pushed to the wall, spend more energy to break the wall and cross over rather than fight back?
Read this and let's know who our real enemies and shameless oppressors are - GOVERNORS, EX-GOVERNORS, SENATORS, REPS. Can't we do something to get rid of these big thieves that use our power against us?
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
NIGERIANS WAKE UP!
A lion never shies away from a fight when it is hungry, neither does it blame the buffalo for resisting or refusing to be eaten.
How come our forefathers dared death and everything to give us a sane society?
Shaaaaaame!!!
Please endeavour to read this very interesting piece!

STATE OF THE NATION
A SELF DECEIVING COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA

Twenty-one senators currently receiving pensions from government as ex-governors and deputy governors.

The current senators who once served as governors are Bukola Saraki of Kwara, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano, Kabiru Gaya of Kano, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Theodore Orji of Abia, Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa, Sam Egwu of Ebonyi, Shaaba Lafiagi of Kwara, Joshua Dariye of Plateau Jonah Jang of Plateau, Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko of Sokoto, Ahmed Sani Yarima of Zamfara, Danjuma Goje of Gombe, Bukar Abba Ibrahim of Yobe, Adamu Aliero of Kebbi, George Akume of Benue and Isiaka Adeleke of Osun.

The former deputy governors in the Senate are Ms Biodun Olujimi of Ekiti and Enyinaya Harcourt Abaribe of Abia. Danladi Abubakar Sani served as the acting governor of Taraba state.

Many former governors are also in Buhari's Cabinet as Ministers. This includes: Ngige, Fayemi, Amaechi and Fashola (SAN).).

In Akwa Ibom State, the law provides that ex governors and deputy governors receive pension equivalent to the salaries of the incumbent. The package also includes a new official car and a utility vehicle every four years; one personal aide; a cook, chauffeurs and security guards for the governor at a sum not exceeding N5 million per month and N2.5 million for his deputy governor.

In Rivers, the law provides 100 percent of annual basic salaries for the ex-governor and deputy, one residential house for the former governor “anywhere of his choice in Nigeria”; one residential house anywhere in Rivers for the deputy, three cars for the ex-governor every four years and two cars for the deputy every four years.

It is alledged that in Lagos, a former governor will get two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja, estimated at N500 million in Lagos and N700 million in Abuja. He also receives six new cars to be replaced every three years; a furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a N30 million pension annually for life.

This is the reality for all the 21 ex govenors and deputy governors who are currently serving as senators. This same is also true of ex governors who are now serving as Ministers.

NOW I ASK:
How many years did these guys serve their states as governors and deputy governors? Is it more than 8years? Is that a reason to be entitled to pensions for life? Even if they are entitled to pension for life, must it be so outrageous?

As if that is not enough: HOW on earth can any public servant with conscience collect salaries and allowances as a senator or minister, and still have the audacity to claim pensions equivalent to the salaries of a serving governor in Nigeria?

IT ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE......

Once you are elected a senator or appointed a minister, you must forfeit any pension accruing to you from government at any level until you vacate office. This should also apply to senators collecting military pensions like former Senate President David Mark.

Yet these senators are in the Senate that is inviting the current finance minister to discuss the recession of Nigeria's economy. A senator pockets approximately 30 million naira monthly as salary and allowances. Our "honourables" are not interested to make laws that could restructure our country into economically autonomous federating States/Regions to save the country from sectional agitations that is threatening to destroy Nigeria. The sad and hopeless situation is that the rest of Nigerians are busy arguing based on party, ethnic and affiliations while these enemies of state continue to rape us.

Do you know that it costs tax payers 290m Naira yearly to maintain each member of our National Assembly in a country where nothing works & 80% of population earn below 300 Naira a day ? A working day earning of a senator is more than a yearly income of a doctor; it's more than the salary of 42 Army generals or 48 professors or 70 commissioners of police or more than twice the pay of the US President or 9 times the salary of US congressmen.

It's high time the country had a referendum on those outrageous salaries of Senators, House of Representative members and other political office holders.

*If you are seriously against the looting of our commonwealth in Nigeria, in the name of democracy, you can let this piece go viral by sharing it with as many of your contacts and groups too!*
we just need God to turn things around not human,I pray God to intervene .
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" by Aragon: 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
modelmike7:
80% of them are rogues and criminals. They have never missed their salaries and bogus allowances for just a month, they only sit and crack rubbish jokes in the house, bunch of corrupt souls. It is so appaling when you read that a Nigerian senator earns "times 9" of what his American counterpart earns in a year!!... To make matters worse, you see some jobless Nigerian youths making case and support the corrupt senators that have no plans for them, but only to suck their future dry (2017 Budget is still under there table since there is no more way for padding). . . God help our country.

And what are Nigerians going to do about it, especially the Youths whose Future they are gambling with?
1. Spend money they dont have on Data and come to the net to Fight and Insult each others?
2. Sit down and Complain without no action?
3. Or take ACTION and Occupy NASS and chase the Idiots away?

AS for us in the Diaspora, we will continue to support our father land by sending money back home, supporting people in schools, starting up small businesses, projecst etc... Last year that amounts to about $35Billion, third highest in the world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Criminal Charges Against Bishop Ogunyemi Over Remarks Against El-Rufai / Sowore Tackles Peter Obi: Labour Party Is An Orphanage For Homeless Politicians / Agabi Begs Umar Over Oluyede’s Behavior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.