Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate (64234 Views)

Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A / Complete All Ambode's Projects Before Starting New Ones, Sagay Tells Sanwo-olu / Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2017
Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), Prof. Itse Sagay on Wednesday said the Senate lacks the power or authority to summon him to appear before its committee on Ethics over alleged disparaging remarks he made against the senators.

Speaking in a chat with INDEPENDENT, Sagay said the Senators lack the power to summon him because he does not fall under the category of persons they can summon.

His words “They have neither power nor authority to summon me. I don’t come within the group of persons or officials they can summon. I will advise them to ask their lawyers to look very, very closely at the provisions of Sections 82 to 89 of the Constitution”.

Sagay’s invitation is seen as further escalation of the current face-off between the Senate and Presidency which blew open on Tuesday with the Senate’s suspension of the consideration and confirmation of 27 Resident Electoral Commissioners (RECs) submitted by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The presidential aide is expected appear before the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions to explain why he allegedly described senators as “childish and irresponsible” for pushing President Buhari to sack the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, within two weeks.

The PACAC chairman is also expected to explain why he allegedly said the Senate is “filled with people of questionable character who put personal interest ahead of the nation.”

The lawmakers said it is necessary to invite the professor of jurisprudence to name the questionable characters in the Senate.

The resolution followed a motion of privilege by Senate Deputy Leader, Senator Bala Ibn Na’Allah (Kebbi South), who told the Senate that Sagay infringed on his integrity, character and privilege as a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

http://independent.ng/you-have-no-power-to-summon-me-sagay-tells-senate/

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by LionDeLeo: 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
Good one there. I doubt if most of them even know their job.

262 Likes 23 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by spartan117(m): 4:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
Why are all of Buhari’s appointees displaying unnecessary ego it must be flowing 4rm d top.
See as he face worwor angry

152 Likes 7 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by GeeOh(f): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
gehgen!kai abeg season wetin b dis?

5 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by pauljumbo: 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
insubordination will crush this government

imagine ordinary office clerk saying board of directors can not summon him

let's attack the individual and respect the institution

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by kingivie: 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
A dark day for democracy.

#isbuharidead

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
#RoguesInAgbada

Oya come and summon me

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by janefarms2015: 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
pauljumbo:
insubordination will crush this government

imagine ordinary office clerk saying board of directors can not summon him

let's attack the individual and respect the institution

Who is ordinary office clerk? Do you know the position he occupies? Do you know this erudite professor's records and antecedents? No lawyer or any honest Nigerian who is matured enough in age and intellect will not respect this man's view on issues of national development

401 Likes 30 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by pauljumbo: 4:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
janefarms2015:

Who is ordinary office clerk? Do you know the position he occupies? Do you know this erudite professor's records and antecedents? No lawyer or any honest Nigerian who is matured enough in age and intellect will not respect this man's view on issues of national development

that does not mean he will insults an arm of government

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Earth2Metahuman: 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
The same senate that summoned american ambassador to nigeria.. grin

This senate has got to be the worst in the history.
Just bunch of clowns who think they have power to do whatever they want.

What next? They start summoning every nigerian who says anything against them?

189 Likes 17 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Bashirfuntua(m): 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
while the world is rejecting us because we're Nigerians not minding your tribe or religion. we are here fighting ourselves because of tribe and religion
Nigerians let unite against corruption,
let say no to NASS
let say no to herds men killing
let say no to injustice
let say no to Kaduna, Ife and Benue killings.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by NightRains(m): 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
lipsrsealed

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by PublicAssurance: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
Itse Sagay has no atom of credibility.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by victormartyn(m): 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
Eleyi Gidi Gaaààaaaan!

This one weak me.

grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Jengem: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
Y sagay resemble rat

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by yeyeboi(m): 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ok
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by AntiWailer: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
Chai.

They think everybody can be bullied like that ABU VC.

He told them to get a sensible lawyer to interprete the constitution to them.

Bunch of criminals. Everybody who had anything to do with them closely confirmed that they are Criminals and Thieves. (Obasanjo etc)

They recommended suspension for the senator who simply asked for investigation into what he read in the newspaper.

130 Likes 11 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by ademasta(m): 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
grin
Yeye senate...

Ntooor

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Donkaz(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
What is wrong with the senate these days

Instead of doing important things they are busy chasing frivolities.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by emeijeh(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
My fellow nairalanders, have you read the book: Our senators have gone mad again by Prof Sagay?

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by cktheluckyman: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
janefarms2015:

Erudite my as.s.Professor Sagay is a very big disgrace to the legal profession. Since his appointment into the buhari's government, he seemed to have lost it.His end is near.It is either he and magu goes or the Senate will completely cripple buhari's regime.The choice is his

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by mantosa(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, I don't have anything to say.

I just come observe

3 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by tinsel: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

that does not mean he will insults an arm of government
An arm government is insulting herself.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by martineverest(m): 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
good...its time to start disrespecting those fools called senate

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by willibounce1(m): 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
These wicked politicians have abandoned their jobs. They are now acting drama for the masses.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by poki01: 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
The same senate that summoned american ambassador to nigeria.. grin

This senate has got to be the worst in the history.
Just bunch of clowns who thinks they have power to do whatever they want.

What next? They start summoning every nigerian who says anything against them?

I laugh anytime they embarrass the full country... just tire for their folly

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by inchristalone(m): 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
Senate should face their work and stop summoning people upandan.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Masculity(m): 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
Imagine inviting SAN.

How there you.

16 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by ALAYORMII: 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
The Senate is fast becoming a joke

Buhari shot himself in the foot when he willingly or by mistake allowed the Senate to fall into the wrong hands

99.9% of the senators are fantastically corrupt

The remaining 0.1% are still corrupt

74 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Precious Chikwendu, Femi Fani-Kayode's Wife In Ekiti (Pic) / Tinubu Is Not Dead Or Hospitalised - Tunde Rahman (Aide) / NDA: Major Stephen Datong And His Wife (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.