Stats: 3,149,006 members, 7,803,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ (43442 Views)

Brand New Samsung S8 And S8 Plus For Sale / Check Out Samsung Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus Price In Nigeria / Battery Life Comparison: Galaxy S8 And S8+ Vs Iphone 7 And 7+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Frolic: 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
Has it hit the Nigerian market ,yet?
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ExInferis(m): 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
i dont use unknown sites for comparism.....anandtech is the standard for me

Anandtech says the S7 has a "great" camera.

It says the Pixel has an "excellent" camera.

They chose the S7 over the Pixel only on account of chipset performance.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9770/best-android-phones

Dxomark, the final word in camera reviews, gave the Pixel top marks

https://m.dpreview.com/news/4022284282/google-pixel-tops-the-dxomark-mobile-rankings

https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Pixel-smartphone-camera-review-At-the-top
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:

I never condemned continuum, I only condemned windows phone. Microsoft should be thankful Samsung is advancing the technology with Android and DeX
thankful??DeX is microsoft technology,if u dont know.....there have been a bromance btw samsung and MS since they settled their rift last yr...mind u,samsung will be the only android OEM that will use dat.probably apple might be allowed to use it...dont also forget that microsoft also allowed samsung to use her keyboaard kickstand on galaxy tablet last month.dont also forget that microsft is the first tto optimise her apps for DEX,which is ironic
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Ymodulus: 9:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
ikp120:

Taaa! Bobrisky no reach your level na big boss. cheesy cheesy

E pass my level.
I no even get level for him place
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 9:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
ExInferis:

https://m.dpreview.com/news/4022284282/google-pixel-tops-the-dxomark-mobile-rankings

i will only agree with u because u mentioned a renowned photgraphy site,dpreview
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 9:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
thankful??DeX is microsoft technology,if u dont know.....there have been a bromance btw samsung and MS since they settled their rift last yr...mind u,samsung will be the only android OEM that will use dat.probably apple might be allowed to use it...dont also forget that microsoft also allowed samsung to use her keyboaard kickstand on galaxy tablet last month.dont also forget that microsft is the first tto optimise her apps for DEX,which is ironic

MS loves Samsung grin. MS is doing everything within her powers to ruin windows phone. If you can't beat then, then join them.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by tundeuzman: 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fantastic Phone
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
jmichlins:
please have you heard about SD835 and optimization. You know why iPhones are almost lag free? It's not because of Ram size but because of soc optimization and will perform better than your infinix and tecno with all ram size. This phone is probably going to be better than oukitel 10000mah
my guy dont bother lecturing me on this.....have u heard of 'unused ram is wasted ram'?..its an android term for poor ram management....android is built on java programing language,which is very poor on Ram management
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by jmichlins(m): 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
my guy dont bother lecturing me on this.....have u heard of 'unused ram is wasted ram'?..its an android term for poor ram management....android is built on java programing language,which is very poor on Ram management
I used Ram management to explain something to you. We are not talking about Ram management but battery optimization and management
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Olulinks(m): 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:

Common bro. Nigeria is a tiny portion of the world
And they always scamper to bring their products to a tiny and or an irrelevant country like Nigeria? I hear you. Anyway, you belong to a tiny nation.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 9:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:

MS loves Samsung grin. MS is doing everything within her powers to ruin windows phone. If you can't beat then, then join them.
dont go here....nadella knows what he is doing..........surface phone is around the corner..i guess there must be an agreemenr btwn sammy and ms to use surface phone tech. Which will rival upcoming 'iphone pro'...xpect to see galaxy S8 pro and galaxy note8 pro with full windows
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 9:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
jmichlins:
I used Ram management to explain something to you. We are not talking about Ram management but battery optimization and management
so u dont know that RAM and screen are the biggest killer of battery....what is battery optimisation..so iu dont know that ram optimisation,software integration and screen are what u look out for when optimising battery.u think its battery itself?.......do u even know y apple use 1080p on its screen and very low battery capacity with better software/RAM management on iphones?
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 9:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:

Relax dude. Amoled doesn't consume battery. Ram management was fixed with Nougat. S3 was the last Samsung phone that actually did lagged.

Note7 had a 3000mah and had a great battery life
amoled is the greatest consumer of battery of all screen tech........ram management can never be fixed on android and laggy touchwiz is still present
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ExInferis(m): 9:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:

Find all your English teachers and jail them

Because?
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by jmichlins(m): 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
so u dont know that RAM and screen are the biggest killer of battery....what is battery optimisation..so iu dont know that ram optimisation,software integration and screen are what u look out for when optimising battery.u think its battery itself?.......do u even know y apple use 1080p on its screen and very low battery capacity with better software/RAM management on iphones?
those rudiments are old and don't hold grounds anymore. Please fyi cell signal and Wi-Fi kills battery most. With much research and improvement, battery isn't about capacity but optimization. Aesthetics is the basic thing in flagship devices. I can't spend 500k on a phone and it will be ugly. You also note that for a phone to be sleek and beautiful, some sacrifices have to be made and battery is always the sacrificial lamb

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by petkoffdrake2(m): 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
iamnicer:
cry cry cry cry cry cry

AND SOMEONE WILL SAY E GO BETTER FOR OYIBO PEOPLE

AS I NEVER USE MY S6 EDGE FINISH

NOW S8 DON SHOW

AM CRYING MY PEOPLE

cry cry cry cry cry cry

U even get s6. Am still using tecno w4.... So thank God instead of crying.

Ur s6 is like s8 to me... Its a dream phone cry if u go dash me, God go dash u s8

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by didisky(m): 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
i am using a galaxy s5 and was hoping to get a galaxy s7 but now there is a galaxy s8. its well o
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ikp120(m): 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ymodulus:

E pass my level. I no even get level for him place
Hmmm. I don't think so sha.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Orpe7(m): 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hope i can trade my s7 edge for it
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
amoled is the greatest consumer of battery of all screen tech........ram management can never be fixed on android and laggy touchwiz is still present

All these are in your dreams..like I always tell u bro. Your hatred for Android and Samsung wont change anything.

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by texazzpete(m): 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
ExInferis:

You're cherry picking words out of context. And DXOmark's methods have been questioned in the past.

Tellingly, in the Pixel XL review Anandtech considers both cameras to be about on par.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
dont go here....nadella knows what he is doing..........surface phone is around the corner..i guess there must be an agreemenr btwn sammy and ms to use surface phone tech. Which will rival upcoming 'iphone pro'...xpect to see galaxy S8 pro and galaxy note8 pro with full windows

What did you drink tonight?

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by texazzpete(m): 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
use ur head....the battery capacity is too low for a phone with 3k display,an amoled display that consu,me battery,poor RAM management and laggy system....tho,they are banking on their 10nm FinFet chips to do the efficiency work,but that wont work

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
Olulinks:

And they always scamper to bring their products to a tiny and or an irrelevant country like Nigeria? I hear you. Anyway, you belong to a tiny nation.

Is it Samsung's or other companies fault that Naira is useless or can't setup a manufacturing plant in Nigeria?
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
jmichlins:
those rudiments are old and don't hold grounds anymore. Please fyi cell signal and Wi-Fi kills battery most. With much research and improvement, battery isn't about capacity but optimization. Aesthetics is the basic thing in flagship devices. I can't spend 500k on a phone and it will be ugly. You also note that for a phone to be sleek and beautiful, some sacrifices have to be made and battery is always the sacrificial lamb
ask urself his:samsung make the most beautiful phones in the world with better specs,but y are ugly and bezelful iphones with lower specs and better performance compared to samsungg phones more sold than samsung high end phones?
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
texazzpete:

You have no idea what you're talking about.
i think are the aive one here.....
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Misterdhee1(m): 9:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
udemzy101:

That 3000/3500mAh battery will last longer than a #4500 mAh..

Check the processor naa
Well, lets wait and see
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by tonio2wo: 9:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:

I've known that long ago

Thanks to tecno grin
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by texazzpete(m): 9:56pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
i think are the aive one here.....

You think it's a Gionee phone with an unoptimized SoC?
The chipsets used are on a more energy efficient 10nm process. The battery life will likely be fine.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by texazzpete(m): 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
ask urself his:samsung make the most beautiful phones in the world with better specs,but y are ugly and bezelful iphones with lower specs and better performance compared to samsungg phones more sold than samsung high end phones?

IPhones usually have the most powerful chipsets on release. Definitely NOT lower specs like you claim.

Apple has a huge fan base, a premium brand and an extensive ecosystem of apps and hardware to trap users in.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 9:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:

What did you drink tonight?
i drank pepper soup my bro.......i guess u saw samsung launch galaxy book last month with windows OS when they couldnt compete with ipad pro with their flagship tab 3?.....apple is planning to tackle surface phone with iphone 8 pro to avoid what happened to ipad with the existence of surface tablets.apple as a monolith company is trying to avoid a major disaster with pro version of iphone
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:

All these are in your dreams..like I always tell u bro. Your hatred for Android and Samsung wont change anything.
haha...my guy knows the truth hurts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Best Data Plan For Heavy Downloads? / Are You Using The Free Youtube Streaming Plans Offered By 9mobile And MTN? / The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56