Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ (43448 Views)

Brand New Samsung S8 And S8 Plus For Sale / Check Out Samsung Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus Price In Nigeria / Battery Life Comparison: Galaxy S8 And S8+ Vs Iphone 7 And 7+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
tonio2wo:

Thanks to tecno grin

Never used it before
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Topmaike007(m): 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
stonemind:

So you people now realize that amount pixel doesn't matter?
tecno and infinix 20 mp is equivalent to this 12 mp.....not an android fan though #windowfan..
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
haha...my guy knows the truth hurts

Only you knows it as truth
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
i drank pepper soup my bro.......i guess u saw samsung launch galaxy book last month with windows OS when they couldnt compete with ipad pro with their flagship tab 3?.....apple is planning to tackle surface phone with iphone 8 pro to avoid what happened to ipad with the existence of surface tablets.apple as a monolith company is trying to avoid a major disaster with pro version of iphone

Time will tell
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Ademoore07(m): 10:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
Make dem no come recall the phone, same way they recalled samsung note 7 wey dey act like bomb lipsrsealed
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 10:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
texazzpete:

IPhones usually have the most powerful chipsets on release. Definitely NOT lower specs like you claim.

Apple has a huge fan base, a premium brand and an extensive ecosystem of apps and hardware to trap users in.
ur last sentence is one of dem.....the most important ones are security,better hardware-software integration,software optimizatiomn,regular updates,durable hardware and robust ecosystem......the reasons why windows dominate macbook in high end computing is because windows is ahead of apple in software and ecosystem
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 10:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
texazzpete:

You think it's a Gionee phone with an unoptimized SoC?
The chipsets used are on a more energy efficient 10nm process. The battery life will likely be fine.
yes,they are ...but dont forget that RAM and screen are almost independent....especially when number of pixels has been increased to 3k
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:

Time will tell
yeah...shey u also realise that d battle is heading to foldable display......and microsoft has the most patent on foldables
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Topmaike007(m): 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:

I never condemned continuum, I only condemned windows phone. Microsoft should be thankful Samsung is advancing the technology with Android and DeX
bro u av ur reasons why u like android,and dont speak ill about other operating system expecially the boss window10.1..
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by MizMyColi(f): 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:
It's already unveiled. Look beastly. The aspect ratio is something else but it seems to be the newest thing on the block.

These devices are so damn beautiful, Samsung should have done better with the batteries tho but let's see how 10nm Snapdragon/Exynos will fare on them likewise the optimisation.

Bixby and Samsung dEx looks promising anyways.

I smell hypocrisy...
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ddjay: 10:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
yes am proud of Samsung,they have finally thrown that home button away, remaining the copy copy crew headed by gionee to end that annoying home button thing
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 10:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
yeah...shey u also realise that d battle is heading to foldable display......and microsoft has the most patent on foldables

Samsung has theirs too
LG isn't left behind
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
MizMyColi:

I smell hypocrisy...

Cover your nose
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Topmaike007(m): 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
ur last sentence is one of dem.....the most important ones are security,better hardware-software integration,software optimizatiomn,regular updates,durable hardware and robust ecosystem......the reasons why windows dominate macbook in high end computing is because windows is ahead of apple in software and ecosystem
bro u will not die young with dis ur post,even with app window still rule,all this android and apple store av alot of trash as app in their app store....

With cortana as an helper i am even planing to get microsoft pro surface 4
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by jmichlins(m): 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
ask urself his:samsung make the most beautiful phones in the world with better specs,but y are ugly and bezelful iphones with lower specs and better performance compared to samsungg phones more sold than samsung high end phones?
iPhone is a premium device and as such they attract the best and most users.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:

Samsung has theirs too
LG isn't left behind
don't forget they got one problem...... Android
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Lucascruiz(m): 10:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
And the next topic you ll see is tecno camon cx aka c10 vs samsung galaxy s8....oh!receive sense in advance grin angry

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
Topmaike007:
bro u will not die young with dis ur post,even with app window still rule,all this android and apple store av alot of trash as app in their app store....

With cortana as an helper i am even planing to get microsoft pro surface 4
thanks bro.... Apple and Samsung have seen that surface pro are big treat,they decided to launch their own rip off and no one is buying them
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ExInferis(m): 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
texazzpete:

You're cherry picking words out of context. And DXOmark's methods have been questioned in the past.

Tellingly, in the Pixel XL review Anandtech considers both cameras to be about on par.

MKBHD

Check under cameras.

In most competent reviews about cameras the Pixel always comes out tops.

I've the S7 Edge (and LG G5), I'm not saying it's a bad phone but the Pixel has better cameras. While the main camera i quite good, the selfie camera on the S7 is pure shite.

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by MizMyColi(f): 10:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
S8 is Breathtakingly cute!! cheesy cheesy For real smiley

oh well, na to dey admire from afar.

cos the money to buy am nuh go be here.

I rather use that money go buy my Tecno Camon Cx jejely, then use the change go buy land for Mowe.

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 10:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
jmichlins:
iPhone is a premium device and as such they attract the best and most users.
what will u say about surface that have successfully overtaken apple products in terms of aesthetics, function performance and class?
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ExInferis(m): 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
My S7 Edge

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by MizMyColi(f): 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ollah2:

Cover your nose
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
don't forget they got one problem...... Android

Consider the problem yours
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 10:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
ExInferis:
My S7 Edge

Sorry your phone just got dethroned by these beasts. Tho it's still the current best phone
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ExInferis(m): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
The G5.

Though cameras aren't as vibrant as the S7 Edge, to me at least, that wideangle secondary camera more than makes up for it. And the autofocus...oh my.

Battery even lasts longer.

Hate the phone tho.

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by jmichlins(m): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
martineverest:
what will u say about surface that have successfully overtaken apple products in terms of aesthetics, function performance and class?
business bro. These companies leaders are seasoned technocrats that knows what the market wants. There's this psychological loophole in all of us that the costly the better and these guys take advantage of it well. No matter the cheap materials used in making a flagship device,the price must be inflated to give it that feeling.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 10:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
ExInferis:

MKBHD

Check under cameras.

In most competent reviews about cameras the Pixel always comes out tops.

I've the S7 Edge (and LG G5), I'm not saying it's a bad phone but the Pixel has better cameras. While the main camera i quite good, the selfie camera on the S7 is pure shite.

Lol. Your reddit is shit.
The best phone cameras of 2016 are

Samsung S7
Google Pixel
LG G5
Sony XZ
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by MizMyColi(f): 10:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
1-0 tongue
ollah2:

wink
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
ollah2:

Consider the problem yours
hahaha.......good reply

dont forget android tablets,chromebooks got developers problem and foldables wont be exempted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC / What Is The Best Data Plan For Heavy Downloads? / Are You Using The Free Youtube Streaming Plans Offered By 9mobile And MTN?