Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ (43454 Views)

Brand New Samsung S8 And S8 Plus For Sale / Check Out Samsung Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus Price In Nigeria / Battery Life Comparison: Galaxy S8 And S8+ Vs Iphone 7 And 7+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by lamozaty(m): 9:38am On Mar 30, 2017
stonemind:
Only 12mp and 300mah??
Samsungs 5mp is sharp..so 12mp would b cool
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by patonyx1: 10:26am On Mar 30, 2017
iPhone is worst. grin

fernandooleku:
SAMSUNG, by the time u render almost 70% nigerians handicap financially, na dat time ur eyes go come down abi? which wahala be dis again nitori olorun
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by stonemind(f): 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
Topmaike007:
tecno and infinix 20 mp is equivalent to this 12 mp.....not an android fan though #windowfan..

Ahhh mek i just shut my. Mouth
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Naturalized(m): 2:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
ollah2:

MKBHD is bias. He started losing his credibility over a year ago. There's no way in hell, heaven and earth iphone 7 camera will tie with Pixel. Now you see why he is a biased guy.

No he isn't. Because like I mentioned the camera does indeed tie except in low light where the iphone7 has a significant edge, but who takes 'photos' in low light anyway. I have pictures I have taken and compared with other flagship phones of 2016 and trust me I get better saturation than most except the iphone7.

The grouse MKBHD has/had with the iPhone was the lack of a headphone jack, and who can blame him, every top mobile reviewer had the same complaints, coupled with Apples lack of innovation, and you get the hint of him being biased against the iPhone. I am also just a phone user who after having used the iPhone 6s didn't see any point in going for the 7 over Android because of the extra perks that Android offers and the headphone jack.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
Naturalized:

No he isn't. Because like I mentioned the camera does indeed tie except in low light where the iphone7 has a significant edge, but who takes 'photos' in low light anyway. I have pictures I have taken and compared with other flagship phones of 2016 and trust me I get better saturation than most except the iphone7.

The grouse MKBHD has/had with the iPhone was the lack of a headphone jack, and who can blessings him, every top mobile reviewer had the same complaints, coupled with Apples lack of innovation, and you get the hint of him being biased against the iPhone. I am also just a phone user who after having used the iPhone 6s didn't see any point in going for the 7 over Android because of the extra perks that Android offers and the headphone jack.

He is bias. Why would u say nobody takes shots in lowlight? That's part of what differentiate high end cams to low ends. Pixel takes better day light shots than S7 but S7 takes better low light. S7 uses OIS while Pixel uses EIS. IPhone 7 got nothing on these phones likewise G5 and Sony XZ.

Sony just doesn't get much love like they used to
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Orimili(m): 9:08pm On Mar 30, 2017
martineverest:
MKBHD is one of the most trusted and followed software/hardware reviewer....anandtech is the most trusted hardware only reviewer,tho...they are more technical than MKBHD

This is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. MKBHD is nowhere near the level of Anandtech as far as depth and details, and will probably never be. His videos are 90% production quality, and the rest is basically him reading spec sheets out loud. Also, he's not a software reviewer. The few bits of videos he's done in that regard were terrible.

I'd trust the word of Anandtech infinitely more than I'd trust Brownlee.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
Orimili:

This is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. MKBHD is nowhere near the level of Anandtech as far as depth and details, and will probably never be. His videos are 90% production quality, and the rest is basically him reading spec sheets out loud. Also, he's not a software reviewer. The few bits of videos he's done in that regard were terrible.

I'd trust the word of Anandtech infinitely more than I'd trust Brownlee.
did u even read my comment before commenting?...pls,read with comprehension
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Orimili(m): 11:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
martineverest:
did u even read my comment before commenting?...pls,read with comprehension

Please write about things you actually know. MKBHD is NOT a trusted software or hardware reviewer. He's mostly flash and little substance, and he is very Biased.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 11:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
Orimili:

Please write about things you actually know. MKBHD is NOT a trusted software or hardware reviewer. He's mostly flash and little substance, and he is very Biased.
mtchewww... What do u know?
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by charisgee(m): 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
Orishirishi, when person still dy contribute money to by S4 grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by gmajor10(m): 10:18am On Mar 31, 2017
CHESTER48:
Omg. Did I just hear dual edge display
Arrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhgggggggggg I can't breath

, Omg I think I am dien ooo. Omg Omg OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. Did I just see fingerprint is still in front but embedded in the screen.. Arrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhgggggggggg. Omg it even has iris scanner. Omg Omg OMG OMG OMG OMG still can't breath.. Finally l will get USB type C reversible. With Qualcomm 835.murder them with and reno 540.it even has virtual reality display.. Please I have LG g5 for sale. Any one interested. Modified I imagine selling the LG g5 again. Just noticed that Samsung is 5.8inch screen. I can't use a phone that big

Are you willing to swap with Sony Xperia Aqua M4?
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 31, 2017
gmajor10:

Are you willing to swap with Sony Xperia Aqua M4?
I should swap my 4gb ram with a 2gb ram. Funny. Bro but try harder
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by gmajor10(m): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2017
CHESTER48:
I should swap my 4gb ram with a 2gb ram. Funny. Bro but try harder

You said you can't use a phone big in size in reference to the Samsung, so here I am offering something more portable. grin
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Goahead(m): 11:28am On Mar 31, 2017
Sticking with my S7 edge till Note 8
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 31, 2017
gmajor10:

You said you can't use a phone big in size in reference to the Samsung, so here I am offering something more portable. grin
if I w as nt to get another phone Icant settle for what lower than my other phone.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Softhands(m): 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
Data Encryption Idea...Copied it from Gionee M6

Yeye dey smell... Gionee for Life!!!
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by adegeye38(m): 5:33pm On Mar 31, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:
only 3000mah battery, if na tecno now una no go gree person hear word. Make i see person wey go tell me say this samsung 3000mah battery go last pass tecno same mah battery
it actually does
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by holysaint1(m): 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
danjumakolo:

From experience,an original Samsung phone with 1500 MAh is equivalent to a 3500MAh in other phones

That's only when u newly purchased it.. from 3months and above... Ur marginal utility begins to nosedive.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
Modified Completely:This phone is nonsense. No major upgrades from the s7 edge. Same 4gb ram same camera quality. S7 even has her ppi density. Same ip68 rating.badly position finger print scanner. Marginally faster than Samsung s7 edge. The same battery capacity.nothing again. Advice buy this phone if you have excess money to waste. Instead stick to s7 edge it will be cheaper now.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
holysaint1:

That's only when u newly purchased it.. from 3months and above... Ur marginal utility begins to nosedive.
that's typical lie. Had the s6 and the s7 edge. I sold m s6 cause it stopped fast charging. And it had one noise every time I open the camera, and the camera will glitch as if a wave is inside the camera. Got s7 edge that week I sold it for 120k.sold it 2weeks due to stupid battery performance it couldn't even last me 4hours with 3g on and constantly browsing. At a time it stopped fast charge. It had to stay on cable charge for over 5hours when I am not using it. Immediately I start using it, it goes to slow charging. Very annoying stupid phone. So nothing like 1500 is 3500 in other phones. No be the same lion battery abi id there a new type of battery they use. Lol. Now am good with my LG g5. With fast charge 3.0.i get 85% in 30mins compared to my 60% in 30 mins.with on s7. Stupid phone. My g5 camera 8megaipxel performs better self.

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by mikolo80: 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
ollah2:
It's already unveiled. Look beastly. The aspect ratio is something else but it seems to be the newest thing on the block.

These devices are so damn beautiful, Samsung should have done better with the batteries tho but let's see how 10nm Snapdragon/Exynos will fare on them likewise the optimisation.

Bixby and Samsung dEx looks promising anyways.
they freaking rectangles, always have been
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2017
CHESTER48:
that's typical lie. Had the s6 and the s7 edge. I sold m s6 cause it stopped fast charging. And it had one noise every time I open the camera, and the camera will glitch as if a wave is inside the camera. Got s7 edge that week I sold it for 120k.sold it 2weeks due to stupid battery performance it couldn't even last me 4hours with 3g on and constantly browsing. At a time it stopped fast charge. It had to stay on cable charge for over 5hours when I am not using it. Immediately I start using it, it goes to slow charging. Very annoying stupid phone. So nothing like 1500 is 3500 in other phones. No be the same lion battery abi id there a new type of battery they use. Lol. Now am good with my LG g5. With fast charge 3.0.i get 85% in 30mins compared to my 60% in 30 mins.with on s7. Stupid phone. My g5 camera 8megaipxel performs better self.

Easy with your lies nah
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2017
CHESTER48:
Modified Completely:This phone is nonsense. No major upgrades from the s7 edge. Same 4gb ram same camera quality. S7 even has her ppi density. Same ip68 rating.badly position finger print scanner. Marginally faster than Samsung s7 edge. The same battery capacity.nothing again. Advice buy this phone if you have excess money to waste. Instead stick to s7 edge it will be cheaper now.

You are completely wrong
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
ollah2:

U
Easy with your lies nah
fool. Look at my s7 edge at pix. Mumu... Im not as broke as you. And I'm not your class

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2017
CHESTER48:
fool. Look at my s7 edge at pix. Mumu... Im not as broke as you. And I'm not your class

Wow!! All these for someone u don't even know? Lol, I won't go that way with you. Those who really have don't talk like this.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 31, 2017
ollah2:

Wow!! All these for someone u don't even know? Lol, I won't go that way with you. Those who really have don't talk like this.
I work with proof and evidence. Get that in your skull.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 11:40pm On Mar 31, 2017
CHESTER48:
I work with proof and evidence. Get that in your skull.

Lol. Your earlier comment already proved how childish you are.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by holysaint1(m): 1:00am On Apr 01, 2017
CHESTER48:

My guy.... Judging from ur post. Its quite clear that u re backing up my points. So I guess we in this together. I for one use a Samsung product at the moment.. And the battery problem should be their major crux and nothing else. undecided
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 1:02am On Apr 01, 2017
holysaint1:

My guy.... Judging from ur post. Its quite clear that u re backing up my points. So I guess we in this together. I for one use a Samsung product at the moment.. And the battery problem should be their major crux and nothing else. undecided

What model and what is the duration you have used it for?
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by nani667: 2:57am On Apr 01, 2017
CHESTER48:

The S7 Edge Battery actually performs better...

Newer processor on S8 ✔

1 Like

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 01, 2017
Ymodulus:
I so want this...
I wish my friend bobrisky can get me this as a gift.

I have to ask... Are u into him undecided ....No judgement....

( Secretly judging.... Mainly for what this Bob guy stands for)
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by jmichlins(m): 7:19am On Apr 01, 2017
I plead that before you go on to buy this beauty and beast of a phone do know that people like me who will love to have your old phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC / What Is The Best Data Plan For Heavy Downloads? / Are You Using The Free Youtube Streaming Plans Offered By 9mobile And MTN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.