Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? (15654 Views)

What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? / Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by Christane: 6:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
Involve a soldier in the mata he will willingly bring give your ur money

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by ashawopikin(m): 6:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
thise will do d trick

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by solomedoh: 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
Please note that police station is not a debt collection institute please. The landlard maybe aware of that as well. Dont rush to police station instead use the word fraud/false pretence exceteral

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
It's not just landlords, two of my tenants have not paid rent for 3 years, how can I get my money from them? Infact I don't want the money, I want then out, how can I evict them?
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by Arabs999: 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Make u involve the Kidnappers, and u will get ur money three times after the Ransome has been paid....
But make u nor tell Police say na me tell ooo.. I go deny u, I swear...
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by SIRKAY98(m): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
Carry a valuable thing in is house and Treating him u will sell it
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by gofnor(m): 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
Brizzy404:
Good day people, please I'm in a little bit of a problem right now. It started when i paid rent for a shop in February. The place i paid for was occupied when i paid. The landlord assured me the tenant was going to move out in a week's time. According to him "once i pay, he will balance up the tanant to move out".

After i paid, 1 week passed, 2 weeks, 3 weeks. I called the landlord and told him i will be needing my money back since the property i paid for isn't available. Up to this time, the property of the person occupying the place is still there.

The landlord agreed to give me back my money, so i took out some money and paid another landlord and talked him into allowing me start, pending when i get my money back from the previous landlord and settle him up. Since then it has been one story after another.

I want advice please, has anybody been in a situation like this? What did u do? Because right now I'm planning on going to the police. I have been patient enough, the landlord of the place i am in now is disturbing me and the other one is giving me stories.

Please if this can be moved to the front page, I will be grateful

Did you write any agreement with the landlord?. Did you provide any witness before you gave the money to the landlord. Which village did you come from?

1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by SNIPER123: 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
If you have a problem never thick of NPF cheesy
Pray to God cheesy
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by Millz404(m): 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
gofnor:
Did you write any agreement with the landlord?. Did you provide any witness before you gave the money to the landlord. Which village did you come from?

Don't always think out of ur anus.... Get a brain... How will d op pay without any proof of payment... undecided
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by andyanders: 9:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Op, before you do anything, first make sure you have your receipt of payment. Approach him to give you an undertaking that he is owing you money you paid for his house of which he refused to give you the house and also the money you paid.

With that, get a lawyer to write him or go to EFCC with the receipt of payment that he collected money from you under false pretense.That the money should be paid with full interest for the time he kept the money with him.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by captain247: 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
One thing with greedy landlords is that they have very bad ethics like robbers whatever money in the form of rent enter their purse it will never go out in that same manner through which it enters. I would advise you keep frustrating him both physically and spiritually by prayers. Call him often and Bombard him with millions of text messages. Give him trouble let him not have rest for a week, you will be surprised he will call you and discuss how to pay.

I gave a landlord money for rent then two days later I told him I don't want to stay in that area anymore that I learnt there is high security challenge in the environment that people are relocating. This landlord refuse to give me the money that I must bring somebody for him I said who will come and live in a curfew environment. He then ask me to give him end of that month to look for tenant. I waited for three months even I then told him I can't wait any longer he then said he would take out three months rent out of the money and agent fee of which wasn't at the initial plan. I said for peace to rain take the agent fee but I can't pay you for 3 months rent when I didn't even moved into the apartment. So he then give me half of the money that till he gives the apartment out before he will pay the balance. As am talking to you this is over two years now the man still hasn't given me the balance. The worse is that he has never ever call me in this past years. So I sent him prayer text like a curse and he became afraid he then called to start begging me to be give him more time.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by oyeb15: 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
Go to d nearest Civil Defence office and report him. Your money will come out within a week. Dont 4get to thank me later.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by sheDD(m): 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
botad:
How much is the money that you want to involve police? Better stay clear of police as they will collect the remaining one in your hand and still tell you to settle with the landlord.

If you need your money back, go and meet the landlord and tell him you want your money back in 7 days after which you will proceed to do what you want to do "SPIRITUALLY "!

Just tell him like that.
you forget to add...with mean face and serious mime
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by histemple: 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
fuckboys:
for your own good and best interest, don't take up this case as a landlord and tenant issue, take it up as Fraud​, you paid for something and it hasn't been delivered to you.

This is the best of his options but there are somethings that might work against him in court. The fraudster (not his landlord yet) clearly made him to part with money under false pretences and so, he contravened section 419 of the criminal code act (LFN).

But then, there are begging questions.

1. Should a person pay for a house that is clearly not vacant but occupied by a tenant?

2. In the event that he had reasons to believe the landlord, was there any written document stating when the old tenant will move out?

Most importantly, I hope there is evidence of payment that is admissible in court?
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by Juliearth(f): 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
1. Never you pay for a house/shop in which the occupant's rent is still active
2. A stitch in time saves nine,but this doesnt apply in all cases. Paying for another shop was a wrong move.
Now to solution,involving the police might not be a good idea. You'd end up spending alot for nothing. I would advise that you report him to the court that deals with issues like this so it can be resolved. Betterstill,if you have an army friend,you can use him to make the landlord cough out the money quickly.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by mekstaniac(m): 7:56am On Mar 30, 2017
Arrest the Landlord with DSS
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
captain247:
One thing with greedy landlords is that they have very bad ethics like robbers whatever money in the form of rent enter their purse it will never go out in that same manner through which it enters. I would advise you keep frustrating him both physically and spiritually by prayers. Call him often and Bombard him with millions of text messages. Give him trouble let him not have rest for a week, you will be surprised he will call you and discuss how to pay.

I gave a landlord money for rent then two days later I told him I don't want to stay in that area anymore that I learnt there is high security challenge in the environment that people are relocating. This landlord refuse to give me the money that I must bring somebody for him I said who will come and live in a curfew environment. He then ask me to give him end of that month to look for tenant. I waited for three months even I then told him I can't wait any longer he then said he would take out three months rent out of the money and agent fee of which wasn't at the initial plan. I said for peace to rain take the agent fee but I can't pay you for 3 months rent when I didn't even moved into the apartment. So he then give me half of the money that till he gives the apartment out before he will pay the balance. As am talking to you this is over two years now the man still hasn't given me the balance. The worse is that he has never ever call me in this past years. So I sent him prayer text like a curse and he became afraid he then called to start begging me to be give him more time.
Good day madam
Please I sent you a pm. I would really like to discuss something with you.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by captain247: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

Good day madam
Please I sent you a pm. I would really like to discuss something with you.

Ok
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? by FirstCounsel(m): 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
@ Brizy404. I can't access the mail you sent. Can you send it to
solomonogbonja@yahoo.co.uk please?
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra State Slashes Cost Of "C Of O" / Building Collapses In Dosunmu Street, Lagos, One Confirmed Dead / Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.