Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone (50723 Views)

Yahaya Aminu Sharif Sentenced To Death For Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad / See What He Is Facing For Stealing Android Phone / 23-year-old Jilted Lover Commits Suicide With Sniper In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by SalamRushdie: 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
I think there is more to this case than just a stolen phone because no Judge will pass a death sentence just because of a stolen phone except he was Armed with possibly a gun during the crime ..The Lad I see in the pic is a born criminal who will never change and even if he is freed I see him hurting someone on the future

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by SINZ: 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
abumeinben:
Scanning.....
Babachir Lawal.......Alive
Andrew Yakubu.......Alive
Rotimi Amaechi...... Alive
James Ibori..............Alive
Former Naval Chief..Alive
Obasanjo .................Alive
Tinubu......................Alive
Oshiomole...............Alive
Street thief .. Hanging contemplated.

$_break = scan.break
Malicious judgement detected...
Result.txt: Street thief to be hanged?
Recommended action: "DIA FADA"
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Spidermon: 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
This is saddening.

Nigeria is upside down to be honest
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fake news undecided
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by nkemjacob2(m): 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
C as everybody dey talk "useless country" as if say na 2day there country dey useless. Dem no no say d uselessness start wen lord luggard make mistake.

That judge wey sentence the boy, dem need to sack and jail am na unless person e b.

collapsed country.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by napoleon77(m): 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
YelloweWest:
Since when did stealing carry the death penalty? He must have killed someone in cause of stealing to warrant such.

If he was armed when he committed the robbery then sadly the penalty is death. Armed robbery has been punishable by death in Nigeria for decades but I think it's only fair that it be commuted to imprisonment.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by YonkijiSappo: 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:

We might not have the facts of the case. But I will tell you in confidence that he was not sentenced to death for the phone. He was sentenced to death for armed robbery which is punishable by death. It does not matter if you stole a cube of sugar in an armed robbery.

As per the politicians that steal money; their punishment is lesser cos it is termed 'embezzlement ' and 'misapproppriation '. The crime determines your sentence.

Is nigeria a country? lol
even in advanced climes, people with worse offends get long sentences or life imprisonments with possibility of parol. It doesn't matter if na armed robbery or armed burglary.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by facealone05(m): 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
Useless country God go punish our looters who dey loot our Money and resources IJN,intact and d Judge dt deliver d judgement
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Bollinger(m): 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
shevchenko:
He must have been charged with first degreep murder

He was. He almost killed the person he stole the phone from
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by megareal: 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
I don't understand. How can a judge sentence someone to death over stealing? Guy didn't even commit bodily harm. Was the judge high on weed?

The punishment is not commensurate with the crime at all.

Modified*

From comments here I deduce the guy's crime was armed robbery and aggravated body harm.

Hmmmm.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by bitcoinvin(m): 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
eph123:
This is so wrong.

Yoruba Shouts On Phone?
Igbo Lie On Phone &
Hausa Always Call The Wrong Number
Do u Also Noticed?
come catch me
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Comeandcollect: 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
Exactly what I would have said. This is exactly what someone who is non-biased would have said.
First we need to condemn the act by the perpetrator.
Secondly, in the course of perpetraing the act did he cause any injury or death.
Finally, an appropriate penalty should be levied against him.

mandarin:
This case has to be revisited. Yes, stealing is bad but how does that translate to a death sentence, did he commit murder in the process? we need answers quick.
All these happenings are just disheartning!
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by emmayayodeji(m): 7:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
Airtimex:
cry

Nothing will happen to him. God has intervened

Ayam not understanding
God is helping an armed robber

When there are innocent cancer patients that needs intervention grin
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by jamislaw(m): 7:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
We must stop this.........
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by LordAdam16: 7:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
As long as he didn't kill anyone in the course of stealing the phone then the judgement is too harsh.

Even life imprisonment is too harsh.

The lawyers in the house can help suggest a more appropriate punishment.

Let a civil rights association appeal the case.

He should not be condemned for life for stealing a phone. He should have a second chance with freedom.

-Lord
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Fairgodwin(m): 7:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ralphlauren:
Was it a case of ARMED robbery ?

Did he threaten the victim with any harmful object? Even if it's a stone or table knife or fake gun?

If he did, then the judgement is in order.

According to Nigeria's law, ARMED robbery carries the death penalty irrespective of the value of the item involved.

Don't mind the poster and the supposed journalist who reports the story. He distorted the information just to paint the judge and judiciary bad and garner undeserved sympathy from the masses, especially those who are not current with happenings around them or within the country. The boy in question, in company of another, deceived the victim [that] there was an emergency and they needed to quickly make use of his phone to call someone, only for them to stab him in the head (after the innocent man had innocently handed them the phone) and run away with his phone even as they left him in the pool of his own blood. It was God and some good samaritans that later rescued him from the grip of death.
You know sometimes it's actually good to discern things before commenting. Even if Nigeria were such a terrible country, would a judge, even a mad one, just sentence someone to death for 'stealing a phone?'
Most Nigerians are too lazy to read or do research and look beyond mere sentiments.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by omolorlarh: 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
Nigeria!!!!!!!!!
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by CrEaToRmalden(m): 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
This northern courts sef angry angry
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by ahahnow: 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
He will learn a big lesson today. I am. Proud of Nigeria for making this decision. It should teach those with itchy fingers
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by AllHailBiafra(m): 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
And who still wants to know why Nigeria is a zoo? Its obvious the judge have been financially compromised by those who wants the poor boy dead either because of where he came from or for some selfish reasons. This is to tell how messed this country is' no matter how much they try to cover up their mess. A country where a judge will have the mind to collect bribe in order to kill unjustly and unwarranted is not a country to find humans in. I therefore urge all people of good conscience, those who are on the side of truth and light to either in their mind or speech mention my Monica.

M-Mention
M-My
M-Monica
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Gentle034(m): 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
YelloweWest:
Since when did stealing carry the death penalty? He must have killed someone in cause of stealing to warrant such.
True my brother, I wonder why he should just be judged so brutally, there must be a second side to it.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Minirakiza: 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
Listen to me very very attentively Mr Chizoba or whatever u called ur self. Should anything happen to that boy, u will have urself to be blame!

idiot of idiotical like u
senseless he goat.
If u sentence this innocent boy to death,
how about u? have u not done something worst than that?
Foolish judge in a hopeless country where there is no justice.
Jesus asked, how will u say to ur brother to
excuse u to remove a rafter in his eyes when look, there is a straw in ur own eyes?
Mr Chizoba u should have kill ur self first b4 this young man.... because u have done something worster than this.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Sawblade: 7:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
pls contact world amnesty society to come to his aid. but stealing is not good and d judge was harsh
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by AlphaStyles(m): 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
God go punish those judges all those that stole what we should have used to develop this country still are allowed to roam freely angry
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by trumpcoat(m): 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
God help him o but sometimes the rate of theft in our society is getting out of hand but notwithstanding since he did not kill and gun was not found with him I don't think the judgment is fair,may God save him and send him help
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by AlphaStyles(m): 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
ahahnow:
He will learn a big lesson today. I am. Proud of Nigeria for making this decision. It should teach those with itchy fingers

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by mykel25(m): 7:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
Kill him.... I'm allergic to stealing... Let's d population of bad eggs decrease by 1 ......capital punishment is what made Singapore become that dey are today.... Dey were once like Nigeria
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by otaelo: 7:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
Punishment for stealing is not death and it is not even a case to be tried at high Court. it was probably armed robbery where death or grievous hurt occurred.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by LordIsaac(m): 7:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
The kind of revolution and cleansing that will befall this nation ehn, Rwanda's killings will look like child'a play.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by noble71(m): 7:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
this is the reason that man in kuje called this Country ZOO. I weep for 9ja.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Stylz69(m): 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
It isn't about the value of what he stole; you can steal billions with a pen and be sentenced to a few years in prison however armed robbery carries a much heavier sentence and in this case they stole using a knife. Morale of the story: you are better off stealing with a pen that with a dangerous weapon. You'll even be celebrated!!!
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by back2sender: 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
The problem are the judges, judgement is given to the highest bidder.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Falola Oke Olawuyi Shot Dead By Gunmen In Osun (Photos) / Photos From The Burial Of Rasaq Bello, Hamburger / Obasanjo Adeola Owoyale: Student Found Dead In His Car Boot In Cyprus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.