Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone (50724 Views)

Yahaya Aminu Sharif Sentenced To Death For Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad / See What He Is Facing For Stealing Android Phone / 23-year-old Jilted Lover Commits Suicide With Sniper In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by basadenet: 7:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
DID HE KILL ANYBODY?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
Why would a phone thief get capital punishment?
isn't that miscarriage of justice?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by olayinks007(m): 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
shocked like seriously!!!!!!!. Naah i think they need 2 check d judge may b he was under an influence. So sad ryt nw. Wat a useless country. Nd some so called polithiefians r thr looting huge sum of money yet they r bin granted bail. Well it shall b well. cry
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by mich24(m): 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
I weep for our dear country

A country where the rich is above the law while the law is for the poor,
A country where the rich steal trillions and be celebrated and the poor steal #5000 out of hunger and be sentence to death,
A country where the people meant to secure life and properties are the people waisting life and properties(if only Emeka believed me and see Nigeria police as an enemy of which they are, I bet he wouldn't have loss his life today, but no he believed his friendship with them and was murdered without remorse by his one and only friends. i weep what a country we found our selves in).

I wail for Nigeria embarassed embarassed embarassed
#wesaynotodeathbyhanging
#Topemustlive
#freeTope

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by NnamdiN: 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
It was armed robbery and unfortunately for him, (the punishment is death sentence) if He hadn't stabbed his victim, he might have gotten something lesser.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Neddyogu(m): 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
[quote author=tunderay post=55076340]It means this country is a joke, if the judge truly sentence the young boy to death cos he stole phone of 87k? Yet a forner governor that stole billion was given a five years jail time, and even now he's on bail due to health reason.

Except perhaps something went wrong at the point of stealing, then he deserve such judgment.

Read the story first before commenting.
Case against the lad is armed robbery not stealing. One involves the use of weapons, inflicting of bodily harm and possibly murder. Stealing or pilferage on d other hand is not a capital offence.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by sonnie10: 7:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
ahahnow:
He will learn a big lesson today. I am. Proud of Nigeria for making this decision. It should teach those with itchy fingers

Please tell is how he will learn a big lesson? For someone who is on a death sentence?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by ceejay80s(m): 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
A thief is a thief , u think he will not shoot u if he lays his hands on guns?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by kuma007(m): 7:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
stealing becomes something else if the culprit is armed while dispossessing the culprit of his property. In this case, the penalty is death sentence regardless of the worth of the item stolen with arms. That is the law and the law is applied as it is not as it ought to be. In any case, rather than raising unnecessary alarm, if they really want to assist, there is room for appeal.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by dejilopez4real(m): 7:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
angry[center][/center][color=#000000][/color]EVEN PEOPLE THAT STEALS BILLIONS DON'T GET MURDERD

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Klington: 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
The judge must be very high on some cow milk mixed with ekiti weed... Wicked
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Cutie09(m): 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
Get this the press international media please thus guy doesn't deserved to die. I strongly believe the owner of the stolen phone in question wont this guy to die. The judge should be hang for such a setence
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by platodeen(m): 7:38pm On Mar 29, 2017
Please join me in d campaign dat d judge: Chizoba, be investigated on issues bothering on professional competence and due diligence.
...those for, press like n those against, press share
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by 4dor: 7:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
YelloweWest:
Since when did stealing carry the death penalty? He must have killed someone in cause of stealing to warrant such.

I agree with you, as bad as Nigeria is, the law doesn't joke with armed robbery. We need to know if he stole that phone using a weapon or not.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by alobright17(m): 7:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
which law did the judge used in sentencing him to death by whichever means?

Is it sharia Law?
Amadioha Law?
Heardsmen Law?
Bokoharam Law?
Nigerian Law?e.t.c

Which lawyer lost such case of stealing a phone?

Op make sure you send the judgment reading of that judge here for proper reading before person go talk wetin he/she no sure.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by akigbemaru: 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
Miscarriages of justice!
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by AllHailBiafra(m): 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
ahahnow:
He will learn a big lesson today. I am. Proud of Nigeria for making this decision. It should teach those with itchy fingers
^^^^^^^^^
Let me comment because others are commenting.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by shegzydave(m): 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
The judge that pronounce this will never know peace...his family will die the death that will be worse than this....all his children will die on his presence while he is still alive...he also wil die in a bad way...all his generations wil be ruin IJN
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by to2in: 7:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Can someone profile ds Judge for me, I mean if u r good in profiling. Coz ds judgment was rather too harsh.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Pray(m): 7:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
God will punish Justice Chizoba Orji of Apo high court FCT Abuja. Spread the curses upon him/her. Like I keep saying, judiciary is the problem of this country.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by metallisc(m): 7:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
eezeribe:
It must have been in a Kangaroo court that such a mushroom judgement was given by a charge and bail judge.

must have been the quackest judge ever... unless the boy killed the person he robbed the phone from, if not, then the judge is an asswipe!
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by ziga: 7:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
alobright17:
which law did the judge used in sentencing him to death by whichever means?

Is it sharia Law?
Amadioha Law?
Heardsmen Law?
Bokoharam Law?
Nigerian Law?e.t.c

Which lawyer lost such case of stealing a phone?

Op make sure you send the judgment reading of that judge here for proper reading before person go talk wetin he/she no sure.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Let's see the Judgement. Plenty fake news on the internet.

Small time now we go dey donate money for "Tope"
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by makers360: 7:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
I beg I no fit read am. The guy kill person on top the phone?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by ifyalways(f): 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
Death sentence?

Did he kill anyone in the course of snatching the phone, was he armed?

Can we see the judgement?

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by alobright17(m): 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
ziga:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Let's see the Judgement. Plenty fake news on the internet.

Small time now we go dey donate money for "Tope"

Sheh you code am ?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by iyerikan12: 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Injustice, what of those that diverted trillions of naira into their account? nonsense judgement.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Anikpee(f): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
Last week, a 23-year-old boy identified as Tope Abiodun, was sentenced to death by hanging by a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) for stealing an android LG phone valued at N87, 000. A concerned Nigerian man has appealed to authorities to consider the plight of the young man due to various reasons he shared below;

Read what was shared by Don Capello

Justice Chizoba Orji of Apo high court FCT Abuja jailed 23 yrs old Tope Abiodun (from Kabba Kogi state)to death by hanging for stealing an android LG phone valued at #87,000 naira ....this happened few weeks ago in a country where those that Looted billions that were meant to make life easy for such Youths from being tempted to survive through stealing are out there roaming the streets in freedom .

This is unfair to the poor and vulnerable masses ,Tope fluently speaks yoruba ,igbo and Hausa languages ,he has transformed since he was imprisoned four yrs ago,this is a lad that will assist visitors with their luggage down to cells of those they came to visit in kuje prison.

He is a good boy we can not allow to die . I am appealing to well meaning nigerians ,clergies alike to come to his aide ,he has an ageing mother ,he was not born to see his father alive ,one can easily understand his upbringing .

Tope Abiodun committed this crime when he was 18yrs old ,he told me ,the pressure to feed with his younger siblings pushed him to do it .
Probably he did that as an ignorant young boy out of the normal juvenile delinquency stage in our lives .

Godbless you as you do to help him process his case through the appeal court ,I am so sad about this because I have spent much to help this boy eventhough I have my issues at the end the judge gave him a very harsh sentence (death by hanging )in a case no death was recorded .

Wake up ,Good Nigerians!
#HelpTope
May this also teach our young stars a lesson ! #pls share this as a way to assist him

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/tope-abiodun-see-23-year-old-boy-who.html

See previous thread >>> https://www.nairaland.com/3694305/23-year-old-man-sentenced-death-hanging

Register this case with DPA, search for the group on Facebook and register with them, get barrister Emeka Ugwuoke to step in the case, am sure there will be testimony
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Xmen149(m): 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
This story is not complete,maybe a life was lost during the process...

Cos there is clearly no reason for life sentence in this...its should be an incomplete story
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by tunderay(m): 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
[quote author=Neddyogu post=55077339][/quote]what is it that I don't read in the story? There is nowhere it was stated that any life was lost, or am I missing anything?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by modik(m): 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
Poor man Wey thif Maggie...... . Rich man Wey thif money...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZbX0dIXh9g
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Ps3ver: 8:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
Y'all need to get an education. It is an outright lie as there is no punishment of death for simple stealing.
He was most likely convicted for armed robbery.
Spare the world Ur self righteous indignation.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Dexema(m): 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
If he was charged for armed robbery then he may be sentenced to death according to the laws of the land but even at that it's a very senseless judgement. I pray tope finds help, he won't die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Falola Oke Olawuyi Shot Dead By Gunmen In Osun (Photos) / Photos From The Burial Of Rasaq Bello, Hamburger / Obasanjo Adeola Owoyale: Student Found Dead In His Car Boot In Cyprus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.