Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,827 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone (50710 Views)

Yahaya Aminu Sharif Sentenced To Death For Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad / See What He Is Facing For Stealing Android Phone / 23-year-old Jilted Lover Commits Suicide With Sniper In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Kelvin1971(m): 8:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
The judge that pass this judgment too will die by hanging because plenty pplicians thief plenty money
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Fatherson: 8:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
From the replies I am seeing here, it is obvious most Nigerians read only headlines, quickly form very uninformed opinions and immediately post them on social media.

This is a criminal that stabbed an innocent man who wanted to help him, stole his property and left him to bleed to death.

The police did their job admirably, caught him and took him to court. The judiciary did their job by giving him fair hearing and appropriately finding him guilty. The criminal was sentenced to death by hanging in line with the constitution of the country.

From now henceforth anyone that posts trash on this thread should be charged with obstruction of justice.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by yemilade32: 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
Na God be the only judge....may God take control of the case!!!!
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Jabioro: 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
It might be judgement in error.. No sane man would carry out that judgement, the minister of FTC would not sign such warrant.. I can assured you he would be released in due time..
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by obiink: 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
Do I still have hope in this country?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by warrah(m): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
That's our problem in this country, no body cares to read or do a lil research about some issues before they start ranting.

I remember vividly that this same topic made front page the other day and it was revealed that the criminal collected the fone from the owner with a knife......That's armed robbery......

Secondly the criminal attacked the owner with the same knife on the head.
........thats premeditated..

I wonder how you all will think the judge will just hand over a death sentence for just stealing of fone.

By the way he had a lawyer that must have pleaded his case, but the evidence against him must have been overwhelming for the judge to hand out such stiff sentence

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by franklynsunny(m): 8:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
D judge is a fool for dis
Dose in abj dat steal billions r rocking all over
D judge mad well
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by andyanders: 8:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
Op, in as much as I feel your pain, I cannot comprehend how he will be sentenced to death because he stole just an Android phone.

First, I do not think that your story is right as no judge would just sentence the subject to death just like that. During the theft, was violence applied? Was it a case of selling a stolen phone whereby someone got killed?How many were involved in his case or, did he act alone?

Something is not right because I believe that maybe he was armed when he committed the offense. I feel for him because of his age though and I pray that his sentence is overturned.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by chiraqDemon(m): 8:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
The judge is corrupt
The charges do not deserve such sentence
Abeg learned lawyers and lawmen/women pls help this guy
The country has turned on him twice
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by ntyce(m): 8:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
I can now conclude that 75% of people on nairaland are illiterates.
Simple comprehension, they couldn't read.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
I am not understanding this country. Stealing an android phone worth 87, 000 = death by hanging. Stealing 60million with pen and biro = one week imprisonment.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by ntyce(m): 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
chiraqDemon:
The judge is corrupt
The charges do not deserve such sentence
Abeg learned lawyers and lawmen/women pls help this guy
The country has turned on him twice

Lawyers should help a criminal who intended to KILL an innocent man over his phone?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Ayomideen(m): 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
Too bad this is what poverty causes I pray they release him sha
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by vankaid: 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
shegzydave:
The judge that pronounce this will never know peace...his family will die the death that will be worse than this....all his children will die on his presence while he is still alive...he also wil die in a bad way...all his generations wil be ruin IJN
This thread opened my eyes on how you guys reason here.
No one reads or researches anything.
Tufiakwa!!
I keep wondering how anyone can just assume that a Judge will hand down such a heavy sentence for no reason at all. It's not even that the boy is a politician so one can assume that his opponents influenced the judgement.
No wonder politicians are using media as a big weapon because they know Nigerians only believe in any news headline they saw.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by brojoshua: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
If this is true, the judge who sentenced the man should be removed from being a judge in Nigeria and handed over for prosecution himself. He himself should be judged, for perversion and mockery of justice, and sentenced to 15 years of imprisonment, for abuse of justice and power.
How can such a person who delivered such a judgment be a judge in Nigeria and he is being paid by the country to destroy justice.
And the man who stole the phone should be retried and sentenced to 10 months imprisonment for his crime of stealing or he may even be freed and warn.
God will continue to destroy a country that is doing justice like this and this is gross injustice. Nigeria is very corrupt. Nothing has happened to any of the corrupt leaders who looted Nigeria's money and all the corrupt leaders in the senate and co. No prosecution, conviction or imprisonment. I even heard that a former governor or deputy governor who was sentenced to prison for corruption had been released in the back door.
Destruction unto a corrupt and an unjust country like ours. But let us repent from our wickedness that God Himself may stop to destroy us and that He may start to bless us

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by andyanders: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
vankaid:

This thread opened my eyes on how you guys reason here.
No one reads or researches anything.
Tufiakwa!!
I keep wondering how anyone can just assume that a Judge will hand down such a heavy sentence for no reason at all. It's not even that the boy is a politician so one can assume that his opponents influenced the judgement.
No wonder politicians are using media as a big weapon because they know Nigerians only believe in any news headline they saw.

Exactly right. I still believed that op is not telling us what actually transpired herein.No judge would wanna hand over a death sentence on such case.

If this case is comes up for public discourse, some people here would want the young man executed when the true story comes up. Op should tell us what actually happened.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Elan83(m): 8:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
sharia law spotted
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by wasi9ice: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
Althoughthe boydidn't do well..but l feel the judgment is too harsh.....hoooooo ha
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by olagbemi118(m): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
Even wen no death was recorded?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by worldman(m): 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
I'm not celebrating the phone thief but if this boy die Justice Chizoba Orji you will never know peace in Her life if this Young boy is hang when people like Saraki, dinomelaye,tinubu,odili are been celebrated
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by selfmadeboss: 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
no no no. i will personally not sit and watch this shit.
ibori just came back and nobody even verbally abused him. sinators and govs are stealing and you stupid judges are doing nothing. i dont care if he is guilty or not.
but op, you have to proof that he actually didnt kill or never killed before.
OP, i dont have the connection to follow up this case, but i can boast of a few millions to follow up this shit to the last even if i dont know the guy involved.
but if its possible to get something to nail that judge and send him to jail, i will even like that.
let me know how we can make this happen. am ready to fund this to the fullest.
note, NO BOTHER TO PERSONALLY ASK ME FOR ANY MONEY O.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by lavenjcrown(m): 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
and y is seun egbegbe d iphone theft nigga case is so different from his? what happen to the looters in this country nigeria? dias God o0!
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by victor247: 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
There is more to this story than was reported. No sane judge would impose capital punishment for merely stealing a phone. It could be an armed robbery case that led to someone's death.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by andyanders: 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
victor247:
There is more to this story than was reported. No sane judge would impose capital punishment for merely stealing a phone. It could be an armed robbery case that led to someone's death.

Exactly. Op is not giving the public the true story to this case. Someone must have been killed in the process of collecting the phone. Op is seeking public sympathy and condemning the judge.

No sane judge as you just stated in this world would get the young man sentenced to death just for stealing phone. Op should bring out the charge papers herein for public discourse.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by eliyke(m): 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
dat means dey are in support of jungle justice
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by discusant: 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
Airtimex:
cry

Nothing will happen to him. God has intervened

Anything can happen if well-meaning people don't act now. This is Nigeria.
That judge Caroline Orji needs to be stoned - sharia treatment - by the public.

No sane judge could sentence an 18 year lad to prison for stealing a android phone, talk less, sentence by hanging?

Did the boy kill any human being when he was stealing the nonsense phone?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Cmeo(m): 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
Possibly the culprit carried arms during the robbery. In our Nigeria, armed robbery carries death penalty whether you killed/attack with the arms or not.

If the above is the case, the judge was right to give death sentence.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2017
i repeat, d judicial system of Nigeria is fvcked up. it took them 10 years plus to pass judgement on policemen that killed traders during the aluu 4 killings in portharcourt, but at the blink of an eye a young boy is sentenced to death at the speed of light for stealing an android phone. lawyers and judges of this country are criminals.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by discusant: 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
Cmeo:
Possibly the culprit carried arms during the robbery. In our Nigeria, armed robbery carries death penalty whether you killed/attack with the arms or not.

If the above is the case, the judge was right to give death sentence.

Even if he carried arms during the robbery, he doesn't deserve capital punishment, unless he killed during the process of robbery.

Judges use head to interprete the law and pronounce adequate sentences. This is no case for death sentence.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by tipsieoladj(m): 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
May that judge himself be sentenced to death... Very useless judge..
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Preator: 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
This is quite sad and appalling when there are sinators, legislooters and other polithievians stealing billions from national coffers.
however, the judge did not err. he interpretes the law, he doesn't make them. The boy stole the phone while armed with a dangerous weapon. he would thus be tried under the armed robbery and firearms act( legacy of the military) which specifies death when proving guilty especially where there is assault and injuries involved.
The polithievians steal with only pen and thus charged(when they call out favour) under the EFCC or other like acts which stipulates stupid fines and even more stupid jail terms. the judge can not legally sentence anyone to death under those Acts.
until financial crimes a made punishable by only death or life imprisonment (like in China), cases like this will abound. sadly, I don't see this happening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kenyan Pastor Who Was Gang-Raped On Her Wedding Day Recounts Her Ordeal / Falola Oke Olawuyi Shot Dead By Gunmen In Osun (Photos) / Obasanjo Adeola Owoyale: Student Found Dead In His Car Boot In Cyprus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.