Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone (50722 Views)

Yahaya Aminu Sharif Sentenced To Death For Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad / See What He Is Facing For Stealing Android Phone / 23-year-old Jilted Lover Commits Suicide With Sniper In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by kareemkamil(m): 11:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
Oloriburuku justice, onikure. U no go sleep well for that judgment. Those that mess up Nigeria by stealing public funds are not sentence by hanging, but ordinary phone. Onikure for that your judgment.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by iukpe: 11:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
This same judge would resign if there is a case of serious money laundering by a politician.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by stevedre: 11:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
victor247:

Spot on bro!

What amazes me is how people are quick to condemn the judge without giving room for critical thinking.

These guys maim and kill the innocent, you'll see them in court seeking for mercy and one can easily fall for their sober looks, not knowing the level of atrocities they've once committed.

From what I read here. The victim was stabbed and almost died so its a case of Armed robbery... The story here was. ot complete because he was not the only arrested when it happened. They should appeal and stop looking for cheap sympathy based on incomplete story, lets have the complete story before telling us to share. Still hope and pray Tope is not hanged because I have feeling he must have learnt his lessons.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by miccollo47: 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
If na even robbery we go say na big deal... Stealing!!! Smh
Ashleydolls:
Wasted country. The real thieves are walking majestically on the street. Dunno what robbery have gotten to do with capital punishment
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by miccollo47: 11:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
If na even robbery we go say na big deal... Stealing!!! Smh that judge is supposed to be sentenced to death by firing.
Ashleydolls:
Wasted country. The real thieves are walking majestically on the street. Dunno what robbery have gotten to do with capital punishment
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by omodapson(m): 11:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fatherson:
From the replies I am seeing here, it is obvious most Nigerians read only headlines, quickly form very uninformed opinions and immediately post them on social media.

This is a criminal that stabbed an innocent man who wanted to help him, stole his property and left him to bleed to death.

The police did their job admirably, caught him and took him to court. The judiciary did their job by giving him fair hearing and appropriately finding him guilty. The criminal was sentenced to death by hanging in line with the constitution of the country.

From now henceforth anyone that posts trash on this thread should be charged with obstruction of justice.

God bless you for this. I can conveniently say that most users of this platform are dunce who thrive on sensationalism. We have many educated illiterate in this country and little wonder we are where we are today. Smh

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 30, 2017
Do judges smmooke WEED ?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Bobby95(m): 12:19am On Mar 30, 2017
Warris is dis.....sentenced to death....as in based on wat na.....wat a country
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by dantori(m): 12:32am On Mar 30, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
Last week, a 23-year-old boy identified as Tope Abiodun, was sentenced to death by hanging by a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) for stealing an android LG phone valued at N87, 000. A concerned Nigerian man has appealed to authorities to consider the plight of the young man due to various reasons he shared below;

Read what was shared by Don Capello

Justice Chizoba Orji of Apo high court FCT Abuja jailed 23 yrs old Tope Abiodun (from Kabba Kogi state)to death by hanging for stealing an android LG phone valued at #87,000 naira ....this happened few weeks ago in a country where those that Looted billions that were meant to make life easy for such Youths from being tempted to survive through stealing are out there roaming the streets in freedom .

This is unfair to the poor and vulnerable masses ,Tope fluently speaks yoruba ,igbo and Hausa languages ,he has transformed since he was imprisoned four yrs ago,this is a lad that will assist visitors with their luggage down to cells of those they came to visit in kuje prison.

He is a good boy we can not allow to die . I am appealing to well meaning nigerians ,clergies alike to come to his aide ,he has an ageing mother ,he was not born to see his father alive ,one can easily understand his upbringing .

Tope Abiodun committed this crime when he was 18yrs old ,he told me ,the pressure to feed with his younger siblings pushed him to do it .
Probably he did that as an ignorant young boy out of the normal juvenile delinquency stage in our lives .

Godbless you as you do to help him process his case through the appeal court ,I am so sad about this because I have spent much to help this boy eventhough I have my issues at the end the judge gave him a very harsh sentence (death by hanging )in a case no death was recorded .

Wake up ,Good Nigerians!
#HelpTope
May this also teach our young stars a lesson ! #pls share this as a way to assist him

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/tope-abiodun-see-23-year-old-boy-who.html

See previous thread >>> https://www.nairaland.com/3694305/23-year-old-man-sentenced-death-hanging
Anyway I guess they said he stabbed the owner in the face , so you self think am, anyway May he be saved
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by jaymejate: 12:43am On Mar 30, 2017
Now i accept that this country is doomed
Nigeria is no More!
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by phiyin4God: 12:45am On Mar 30, 2017
It nt fair at all, NBA should do somtime abt all this kind of jugde. What the jugde is saying in a short word is that, why didn't he steal something bigger so that he(jugde)can smile home with something nice. Higher level of Injustices.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Oluwahelpme(m): 1:20am On Mar 30, 2017
Poor journalism. The heading should be A 23 YEARS OLD BOY SENTENCE TO DEAD BY HANGING FOR ROBBERY.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by davidif: 1:49am On Mar 30, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
Last week, a 23-year-old boy identified as Tope Abiodun, was sentenced to death by hanging by a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) for stealing an android LG phone valued at N87, 000. A concerned Nigerian man has appealed to authorities to consider the plight of the young man due to various reasons he shared below;

Justice Chizoba Orji of Apo high court FCT Abuja jailed 23 yrs old Tope Abiodun (from Kabba Kogi state)to death by hanging for stealing an android LG phone valued at #87,000 naira ....this happened few weeks ago in a country where those that Looted billions that were meant to make life easy for such Youths from being tempted to survive through stealing are out there roaming the streets in freedom .

This is unfair to the poor and vulnerable masses ,Tope fluently speaks yoruba ,igbo and Hausa languages ,he has transformed since he was imprisoned four yrs ago,this is a lad that will assist visitors with their luggage down to cells of those they came to visit in kuje prison.

He is a good boy we can not allow to die . I am appealing to well meaning nigerians ,clergies alike to come to his aide ,he has an ageing mother ,he was not born to see his father alive ,one can easily understand his upbringing .

Tope Abiodun committed this crime when he was 18yrs old ,he told me ,the pressure to feed with his younger siblings pushed him to do it .
Probably he did that as an ignorant young boy out of the normal juvenile delinquency stage in our lives .

Godbless you as you do to help him process his case through the appeal court ,I am so sad about this because I have spent much to help this boy eventhough I have my issues at the end the judge gave him a very harsh sentence (death by hanging )in a case no death was recorded .

Wake up ,Good Nigerians!
#HelpTope
May this also teach our young stars a lesson ! #pls share this as a way to assist him

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/tope-abiodun-see-23-year-old-boy-who.html

See previous thread >>> https://www.nairaland.com/3694305/23-year-old-man-sentenced-death-hanging

How do we overturn this?
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Googleus(m): 4:53am On Mar 30, 2017
I smell setup
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by persius555(m): 5:01am On Mar 30, 2017
I am very sure the whole world would like to see the judge's face. By the way, the four years he already served is too harsh. That judge needs to be probed.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Nobody: 5:10am On Mar 30, 2017
MJBOLT:
crime doesn't pay
It does..look around u or no be earth u dey? Back to d topic joor...sentencing someone to death after doing 4yrs for petty theft..that judge should be checked..I believe he is mentally unstable
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by BEASTER(m): 5:30am On Mar 30, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:

Godbless you as you do to help him process his case through the appeal court ,I am so sad about this because I have spent much to .

Wake up ,Good Nigerians!
#HelpTope

the devil is a liar. Touch not my anointed and cause no harm . GOD in HIS infinite Mercy will surely see him through in THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, Amen.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by olayemi53: 5:53am On Mar 30, 2017
Judge! your own judgement shall come from God. to your children children.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by 2016v2017: 6:04am On Mar 30, 2017
Airtimex:
cry

Nothing will happen to him. God has intervened
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by 2016v2017: 6:05am On Mar 30, 2017
pelumi111:
hmmmm wat a useless country yet ppl steal billions ppl commit crime dat is unthinkable yet the maximum jail sentence dey get is 5yrs.....whr re we heading to in this country??
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by 2016v2017: 6:05am On Mar 30, 2017
seunlayi:
this country is dammed, why that harsh judgement while others are busy looting millions and billions. The boy should not serve more than 3 months in jail and should be given something to start life with after release
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Temiemmanuel(m): 6:53am On Mar 30, 2017
This country is a sham.... My name sake, u will not die but live. Your case is settled.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Ashleydolls(f): 7:37am On Mar 30, 2017
miccollo47:
If na even robbery we go say na big deal... Stealing!!! Smh that judge is supposed to be sentenced to death by firing.
For real that's not justice

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by oyekunle1982: 7:41am On Mar 30, 2017
for the first time on this forum, I will be nasty. cos this is not suppose to be so. the so called politicians are stealing billions of naira in the land and yet they are being celebrated and go free. I am seriously annoy with the presiding judge by saying he is a bastard.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Uzoigwe1(m): 7:55am On Mar 30, 2017
Stupid judge..... When our leaders loot they say its not corruption... When a poor hungry boy steal a common android phone, they sentence him to death. My God will judge the judges and sentence them all to HELL !!!!!
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by bigiyaro(m): 8:08am On Mar 30, 2017
Excerpt he deliberately killed people in the process of stealing the phone, if not, no judge will embarrass himself with this kind of judgment.
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 30, 2017
Fairgodwin:

Don't mind the poster and the supposed journalist who reports the story. He distorted the information just to paint the judge and judiciary bad and garner undeserved sympathy from the masses, especially those who are not current with happenings around them or within the country. The boy in question, in company of another, deceived the victim [that] there was an emergency and they needed to quickly make use of his phone to call someone, only for them to stab him in the head (after the innocent man had innocently handed them the phone) and run away with his phone even as they left him in the pool of his own blood. It was God and some good samaritans that later rescued him from the grip of death.
You know sometimes it's actually good to discern things before commenting. Even if Nigeria were such a terrible country, would a judge, even a mad one, just sentence someone to death for 'stealing a phone?'
Most Nigerians are too lazy to read or do research and look beyond mere sentiments.
Don't mind those afonjastic bigots. They always find a way to showcase their stupidity! Sophisticated tribe indeed! undecided
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by emmayayodeji(m): 8:33am On Mar 30, 2017
Airtimex:

His ways are not our way...

You are breathing today does not make you better than dead ones...

Am breathing today because am alive

Tommorrow i might not breathe again

Thats the normal principle of life
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by MJBOLT: 8:41am On Mar 30, 2017
is the criminal ya brother, the owner of the phone was stabbed in the head and you are talking about pity.. iffy it was ya brother that got stabbed in the head, would like the culprit to escape justice

undecided
dairykidd:

It does..look around u or no be earth u dey? Back to d topic joor...sentencing someone to death after doing 4yrs for petty theft..that judge should be checked..I believe he is mentally unstable
Re: Photo Of The 23-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Death For Stealing Android Phone by Guze101: 8:53am On Mar 30, 2017
IPOB VS AFONJAS.... Chizoba still angry with Awolowo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Falola Oke Olawuyi Shot Dead By Gunmen In Osun (Photos) / Obasanjo Adeola Owoyale: Student Found Dead In His Car Boot In Cyprus (Photos) / Photos From The Burial Of Rasaq Bello, Hamburger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.