Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours (20010 Views)

JAMB UTME 2020: JAMB Reduces Registration Fee / BREAKING: Jamb Reduces UTME Registration Fee / UTME: JAMB Reduces Number Of Questions And Exam Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Lamzee(m): 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
easternguy1:
Geology
Pls enlighten me
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Champella(m): 5:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lamzee:
Pls I need help on the Course to choose out of the list courses, I don't have f/maths in my WAEC. UNILAG

Congratulations on your WAEC result. It is a decent result i must say.

It must not always be UNILAG. There are very good institutions you can study in that do not require Further Maths.

Based on your O'level result, i suggest you go for an Engineering course. Example: Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Electronics Engineering.

Schools offering these courses are: UNIBEN, UNIUYO, FUTO, FUTA, UNIPORT, etc.

Also, you need to take the financial implication into consideration. Some schools are relatively expensive while others are quite affordable.

However, if finance is not a problem, then consider your chances of being admitted into these schools. Some schools are more competitive than others. Generally, Federal Universities are more competitive to get into compared to State and Private Universities.

The subjects you would be tested on in the UTME are:
* Use of English
* Mathematics
* Physics
* Chemistry

Finally, you need to score very high in the examination to enhance your chances of being admitted in any school. Good luck!
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Lamzee(m): 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
What are the chances of Employment between Estate Management, Geology and Biochemistry
onwards:

Your maths is solid
so is your chemistry and biology
Physics on the other hand not so impressive

Building tech, urban and regional planning are more about structures and you need to be well-grounded in physics - mechanics and dynamics.

Estate management requires mostly economics. You appear to be sound in that area too.
But job prospects is what I worry about.

Industrial chemistry is great. It fits well in the grand scheme of things. Very versatile too. You can work in nearly all types of industries.

Microbiology and Biochemistry will confine you to medicine and pharmacology respectively.

Don't bother with botany.

If you really have the zeal to go entrepreneurial after school then go with fisheries. The market is expanding rapidly. Agriculture in general.
But your Agric strength seems shaky.

Don't waste time with zoology and psychology.

Geology is very good if you have interest in the mining and Oil and gas industry. The problem is the competition in those areas. Choosing this will mean you have to do very well in school. Your geography strength is very impressive.

Studying geography as a course will mean you are planning to teach - that's if you stay back in Nigeria after schooling.

My recommendation in order of preference:

Geology (if you are ready to put in the work)

Industrial Chemistry

Estate management

Biochemistry/Microbiology

Geography
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Lamzee(m): 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2017
imperiouxx:

Apart from the fact that his physics is not so solid as the rest of the result, stating the underlined sentence does not agree with what he says here:

@ Lamzee,

It seems you're good in science and would be better in physical and biological sciences.

Look into this and determine your strengths. Best of luck

Pls enlighten me Bro
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Richyspice(m): 5:32pm On Mar 30, 2017
I want to sit for neco this year and take jamb also can it work using awaiting result I nead answers pls
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Fucktensei: 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
sassiemyk:
I hope they will also reduce the number of questions to meet international standards? And also upgrade the learning and teachings formats to meet international standards? How about allowing students research in the hall to meet international standards? Nonsense!!! Always going ahead of themselves all the time
it's now 180 questions, I guess so according to national TV
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Annibiteye: 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
lilfreezy:
They reduced the hours but the number of questions remain the same grin
The number of questions have also been reduced.
Use of English=60
Other three subjects will now have 40 questions each totalling 180 questions.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lamzee:
Pls I need help on the Course to choose out of the list courses, I don't have f/maths in my WAEC. UNILAG
fisheries or marine biology.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Torresmannl(m): 6:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
pls how much is the jamb form?
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by InfoMall123: 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
Quickest Way to prepare and Score High in JAMB! Amazing mobile app. Download for FREE!
http://esoftcontent.com/Eshop/product.php?user_id=82684601

Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by InfoMall123: 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
Torresmannl:
pls how much is the jamb form?
N5,500
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by InfoMall123: 6:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
Champella:

Congratulations on your WAEC result. It is a decent result i must say.

It must not always be UNILAG. There are very good institutions you can study in that do not require Further Maths.

Based on your O'level result, i suggest you go for an Engineering course. Example: Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Electronics Engineering.

Schools offering these courses are: UNIBEN, UNIUYO, FUTO, FUTA, UNIPORT, etc.

Also, you need to take the financial implication into consideration. Some schools are relatively expensive while others are quite affordable.

However, if finance is not a problem, then consider your chances of being admitted into these schools. Some schools are more competitive than others. Generally, Federal Universities are more competitive to get into compared to State and Private Universities.

The subjects you would be tested on in the UTME are:
* Use of English
* Mathematics
* Physics
* Chemistry

Finally, you need to score very high in the examination to enhance your chances of being admitted in any school. Good luck!

Quickest Way to prepare and Score High in JAMB! Amazing mobile app. Download for FREE!
http://esoftcontent.com/Eshop/product.php?user_id=82684601
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by jaymejate: 7:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
oyezsenior:

I had D7 in my further maths too and still came out with a CGP of 4.2 in Food Engineering from University of Uyo. I was a guru in maths right from secondary school but jst couldn't pass further maths then though now further maths is a walk over for me. You don't need to pass further maths with a high grade b4 going for engineering. The best graduating student 09' set in Engineering faculty didn't even offer further maths in his secondary schl cos his schl had no teacher for the subject yet he came out with a 1st class. So it's not by further maths. Boy go for engineering if you're good in maths.

Bro you no understand ni?
In UNILAG, Further mathematics is compulsory to study engineering course
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by ThinkSmarter: 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
lilfreezy:
They reduced the hours but the number of questions remain the same grin
no, English hv been reduced to 60Qs
Other 3subjects =40Q each
Total =180Qs.
Heard it from cool FM KANO 2day.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Chyma1(m): 7:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
I'd advice you go for a professional course; choose either estate mgt or Building. And also go through jamb brochure, it will guides you in selecting the right utme subjects
Lamzee:
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Yuppie2(m): 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
this professor self won kill us ni , na like this he take enter school ;Dthis professor self won kill us ni , na like this he take enter school
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by seunfunme: 10:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
Tazdroid:
you no fit spell "MELAYE" and simple "WAEC"? Where ya own "WEAC" result make we c wetin dem nak u for English
I damn to like ur reply menh.... grin grin grin, you wanna damage my ribs ehh,keep it up in a way of making me laugh and laugh,Jah Bless.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Lumndo(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
Lamzee:

PHYCOLOGY? which course is that one Abeg?
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by exammate: 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
The well kept secret to passing Jamb is out!
The ExamMate Jamb cbt software is the answer. Follow these links to get yours;

Desktop/Laptop app: http://esoftcontent.com/Eshop/product.php?user_id=96612726

Mobile App: https:///nbCV4i
You can also call 08189968809 or visit www.esoftcontent.com

Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by KoyZ(m): 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
Lamzee:

Go 4 Geology.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by KoyZ(m): 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Richyspice:
I want to sit for neco this year and take jamb also can it work using awaiting result I nead answers pls

Twill only work if nd only if d neco result will be released b4 d stipulated time (I think August) given by JAMB to upload d result.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by KoyZ(m): 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
Richyspice:

Y didn't u register 4 WAEC...y NECO?!!!
Back to ur question... twill only work if nd only if d NECO result is released b4 d stipulated time (I think August) given by JAMB to upload ur result.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by KoyZ(m): 6:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
onwards:

Your maths is solid
so is your chemistry and biology
Physics on the other hand not so impressive

Building tech, urban and regional planning are more about structures and you need to be well-grounded in physics - mechanics and dynamics.

Estate management requires mostly economics. You appear to be sound in that area too.
But job prospects is what I worry about.

Industrial chemistry is great. It fits well in the grand scheme of things. Very versatile too. You can work in nearly all types of industries.

Microbiology and Biochemistry will confine you to medicine and pharmacology respectively.

Don't bother with botany.

If you really have the zeal to go entrepreneurial after school then go with fisheries. The market is expanding rapidly. Agriculture in general.
But your Agric strength seems shaky.

Don't waste time with zoology and psychology.

Geology is very good if you have interest in the mining and Oil and gas industry. The problem is the competition in those areas. Choosing this will mean you have to do very well in school. Your geography strength is very impressive.

Studying geography as a course will mean you are planning to teach - that's if you stay back in Nigeria after schooling.

My recommendation in order of preference:

Geology (if you are ready to put in the work)

Industrial Chemistry

Estate management

Biochemistry/Microbiology

Geography

@Lamzee...dz guyz hz said it all...
Meanwhile... if u still wanna do engineering...dere r a lotta skols out dere u can apply to...without fmaths.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by onwards: 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
Lamzee:
What are the chances of Employment between Estate Management, Geology and Biochemistry

Estate management is about assets and properties. The employment opportunities is usually seasonal as asset sale, lease or transfer is not something that happens all the time.

Biochemistry can work in bottling companies, food manufacturing companies and anything that has to so with food and to a certain extent drugs.

Geology is basically Oil and gas especially upstream and midstream. Mining too and even in borehole installation companies. Anything that has to do with minerals and the lithosphere is their forte.

Apologies for late reply. I skipped this mention in error.
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Richyspice(m): 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
KoyZ:

Y didn't u register 4 WAEC...y NECO?!!!
Back to ur question... twill only work if nd only if d NECO result is released b4 d stipulated time (I think August) given by JAMB to upload ur result.
I have a neco result were I had d7 in maths nd E8 in chemistry what can I do with pls,jamb should consider neco writers oo,it's unfair
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by KoyZ(m): 7:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
Richyspice:
I have a neco result were I had d7 in maths nd E8 in chemistry what can I do with pls,jamb should consider neco writers oo,it's unfair

4 a science student... I seriously don't know wah u can study with dat kinda result.
Since u knew of dz b4 now...y didn't u partake in last year's waec Nov/DEC exam...better still dz year's may/June
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Lamzee(m): 12:44am On Apr 01, 2017
onwards:

Estate management is about assets and properties. The employment opportunities is usually seasonal as asset sale, lease or transfer is not something that happens all the time.

Biochemistry can work in bottling companies, food manufacturing companies and anything that has to so with food and to a certain extent drugs.

Geology is basically Oil and gas especially upstream and midstream. Mining too and even in borehole installation companies. Anything that has to do with minerals and the lithosphere is their forte.

Apologies for late reply. I skipped this mention in error.
Sorry for disturbing you sir, am left with 2 courses with my findings, that is, Biochemistry and Urban and regional planning, your advice pls
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by onwards: 8:01am On Apr 01, 2017
Lamzee:

Sorry for disturbing you sir, am left with 2 courses with my findings, that is, Biochemistry and Urban and regional planning, your advice pls

My honest advice factoring the Nigerian situation is Biochemistry.

URP requires a lot of networking to land a good job after school as most of what they do are government projects. These days, civil engineers are used to replace them even.

Biochemistry on the other hand is a lot more flexible. Just be sure to take your studies very seriously so when you are done, opportunities will seek for you.

But whichever degree you choose to pursue make the best out of it.

Lol I prefer to be addressed on first 'moniker' basis. The 'sir' is unnecessary smiley
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by Lamzee(m): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2017
onwards:

My honest advice factoring the Nigerian situation is Biochemistry.

URP requires a lot of networking to land a good job after school as most of what they do are government projects. These days, civil engineers are used to replace them even.

Biochemistry on the other hand is a lot more flexible. Just be sure to take your studies very seriously so when you are done, opportunities will seek for you.

But whichever degree you choose to pursue make the best out of it.

Lol I prefer to be addressed on first 'moniker' basis. The 'sir' is unnecessary smiley
I'm very Grateful, God Bless you
Re: JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours by onwards: 11:16am On Apr 01, 2017
Lamzee:
I'm very Grateful, God Bless you
And you too.
Success in your endeavors smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ABU Students Return N2.5m To Owner (Photos) / Hilarious Relay Race Video As Boy Runs Back To The Start After Getting A Baton / First Class In The University: Is It Hard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.