Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

JAMB 2017 REGISTRATION MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB 2017 REGISTRATION MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR. (828 Views)

Pictures Of University Of Ilorin, The Better By Far / Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode / JAMB 2017: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB 2017 REGISTRATION MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR. by Baruwaaaaa(m): 11:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
PARENTS AND STUDENTS
Here are my highlights of my experience with 2017 JAMB registration.
My first observation is that many students are not updated with the necessary information needed for the 2017 JAMB registration.A case study is in Ikorodu Lagos where I have registered over 50 students.Today for instance, i noticed parents and students coming to the CBT centre without knowing what they should done e.g creation of JAMB profile for their wards.Many people believed that 2017 JAMB registration is tedious and time consuming, but believed me it is still the best registration ever though with its own shortcomings.

Another issue of bone of contention is the issue of 2nd choice of institution,that to me have been clarified by JAMB....where a candidate wishes to chose two universities,the candidate is entitled to chose one public and one private.

subject combinations:the brochure have been the reservoir of knowledge for guiding students over the years.

JAMB
The board have tried in its own capacity concerning the 2017 JAMB registration.Despite its shortcomings, the followings are my observations based on the students i registered today and few days back...
1.The server is extremely good except few days ago that there were issues.
2. since 10am that i started registering candidates till 7pm that i shutdown the system,the registration was hitch free
3.pins generation are now fast once the candidate have created a profile
4.There is now security of pins , even if someone sees your pin,it cannot be used,pins have been matched to each candidate profile.
Re: JAMB 2017 REGISTRATION MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR. by Baruwaaaaa(m): 12:24am On Mar 30, 2017
5. JAMB profile reduces registration time...

SHORTCOMINGS
1. Information on your profile can't be corrected,only password can be changed.
2. some centres are still having difficulty generating pins on time
3. invalid pins issue, though have not recorded one for those candidates have registered
4. O level result uploading,i think once a candidate have chosen 1 sitting with examination year,there is no need of repeating the years.same goes to exam type(private/school)
5. ten fingers thumb printing; i think two fingers each should be enough for the two hands ,although this is not time consuming except in some candidates with wet fingers
6. Passport capturing;this which should be the simplest might be the hardest,in cases of low illumination, sided face,high quality passport or too low quality
Re: JAMB 2017 REGISTRATION MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR. by etenyong(m): 3:37am On Mar 30, 2017
Thanks for this info. Pls I can I get the current Jamb brochure. Thanks for ur reply
Re: JAMB 2017 REGISTRATION MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR. by Lamzee(m): 8:21am On Mar 30, 2017
Pls I need help on the Course to choose out of the list courses, I don't have f/maths in my WAEC. UNILAG

Re: JAMB 2017 REGISTRATION MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR. by Jum19: 5:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
Please ao can I resolve my issue of invalid email though av sent a message to jamb but I haven't received any message yet since Friday. Pls help me out
Re: JAMB 2017 REGISTRATION MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR. by Baruwaaaaa(m): 12:09am On Mar 31, 2017
@lamzee go for urban and regional planning or estate management, UTME subjects are maths,geo and any of economics ,PHY and chem
Re: JAMB 2017 REGISTRATION MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR. by Baruwaaaaa(m): 12:12am On Mar 31, 2017
U have better chances after graduation than those biological sciences courses, moreover your O level is strong enough

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Young Lady Who Made A First Class In Economics With A Cgpa Of 4.74 / .. / How To Get Results Without Date Of Birth [DOB]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.