Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health (25131 Views)

Digital Scan Of The Eyes Reveals Health Condition / 6 Surprising Things Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health / 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health (2) (3) (4)

6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by Ekiti360(m): 7:47am On Mar 30, 2017
The role the eyes plays in your life can’t be overemphasized. One of such roles is alerting you about your health status. So if anything changes in your eyes, you immediately take notice. It may not be just any change. These eye problems may be alerting you to some crucial health conditions that you must not ignore. In line with this, Jumia travel , the leading online travel agency, identifies the things your eyes says about your health. Try to pay attention to these signs.

Jaundice
Jaundice is very common in common in newborn babies. It causes the yellowing of the skin and whitening of the eyes. It can also happen to adults. If jaundice doesn’t disappear within a reasonable period, it may be a sign of liver issues.

Swollen Eyes
A swollen or bulging eye is oftentimes a sigh of hyperthyroidism. Hyperthyroidism is when your thyroid gland produces too much thyroxine hormone according to mayo clinic. This can increase your body’s metabolism resulting in weight loss, increased irregular heartbeat, sweating, and nervousness or irritability according to mayo clinic.

Distorted Vision
Distorted vision is most a sign that you either need have your eyes checked by an optician, or you require a break from your computer especially if you have been staring at it for hours. A break will help you regain focus and clear your eyes.

Frequent Stye
A stye is a small, painful lump on the inside or outside of the eyelid. You don’t need to be concerned as it only takes a few days and it will clear up. But if it takes about three months to clear up, you should see a doctor. It could be a sign of cancer referred to as Sebaceous gland carcinoma.

Twists in the eyes
Your eyes are supposed to be clear. No twists, no curves, and no bends. But, if there are any twists or bends in the eyes, it MAY be a sign of high blood pressure. This is why you should see your ophthalmologist from time to time for eye checkup as they can detect if the twists is a sign of High BP or not.

Sudden Changes in Vision
You reclining in one of your preferred hotels in Lagos and suddenly you experience changes in vision. It is not the people in your village. No. This may be a vision problem associated with stroke. You should go for a medical checkup immediately.

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/health/6-surprising-signs-eyes-reveals-health/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by toluxa1(m): 8:07am On Mar 30, 2017
Quite revealing.

Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by ItsawrapOutfit: 8:07am On Mar 30, 2017
Interesting
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by blazekicks: 8:07am On Mar 30, 2017
Good read.

I sell classic handmade shoes for men (Brogues, Ankles, Chelsea boots, corporate etc.). Check my profile for details cool

Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by dessz(m): 8:08am On Mar 30, 2017
I opened the page 8:06 I thought someone already had FTC ... I wanted to cry when I saw no reply then I refreshed, two comments appeared a minute l8r T_T
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by ThisTrend(f): 8:08am On Mar 30, 2017
Do you already love an article and you want to have it on your blog without issues.
I'll rewrite each and every part of it with the queen's english and it gonna looook original, because I'm gonna insert 5-8 keywords for SEO Sake smiley

Contact Me On : charlietosin@gmail.com
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by Heineken(m): 8:08am On Mar 30, 2017
Kerek't.
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by ikorodureporta: 8:11am On Mar 30, 2017
...The Facial Appearance of Lala after not seeing a snake thread over a week.... cheesy

Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by ojilax: 8:11am On Mar 30, 2017
dessz:
I opened the page 8:06 I thought someone already had FTC ... I wanted to cry when I saw no reply then I refreshed, two comments appeared a minute l8r T_T
your eyes were playing games on u

Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by jericco1(m): 8:11am On Mar 30, 2017
Very helpful. Thanks
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by Vickiweezy(m): 8:11am On Mar 30, 2017
I just saw my neighbour driving a 2017 Benz AMG E65 cry

Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by Dandsome: 8:12am On Mar 30, 2017
Thanks OP.... I guess someone will soon get a list for ear infections lets know which one bubu is suffering from
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by toluxa1(m): 8:12am On Mar 30, 2017
Heineken:
Kerek't.
blazekicks:
dessz:
b
ikorodureporta:

Repent! The kingdom of God is nigh!
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by Uzoigwe1(m): 8:12am On Mar 30, 2017
First interesting thing today!!!
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by steju: 8:12am On Mar 30, 2017
interesting post
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by ikorodureporta: 8:15am On Mar 30, 2017
toluxa1:

Repent! The kingdom of God is nigh!

forwarded to Sule & Otobo grin

Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by derolemode(m): 8:16am On Mar 30, 2017
How about itching in the eye
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by oyetunder(m): 8:16am On Mar 30, 2017
Show how GREEDY YOU ARE!
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by ichommy(m): 8:17am On Mar 30, 2017
Imformative...
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by ifyan(m): 8:20am On Mar 30, 2017
Beautiful and nice info. As the sight (eye ) is one of the senses and delicate organ in the body.

Trust me many we agree to be dumb or deaf than to be blind.

But no one any missing sense of the body.
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 30, 2017
Thanks op cheesy
Need to getmi eyes checked
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by Raymysterio(m): 8:21am On Mar 30, 2017
Eye Sea
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by TheBlessedMAN: 8:21am On Mar 30, 2017
CAN TOO MUCH INTAKE OF GARRI SPOIL EYES? Please anz me o.. This eyes is getin blurry at any screen sight
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by Ezedon(m): 8:21am On Mar 30, 2017
Whenever i took original red wine, my eyes turned red,
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by hopefulLandlord: 8:23am On Mar 30, 2017
mrifeanyi08543:

Are you tired of Losing?
Are you still doubting?
This is another way for you to win...
250 odd 100% fixed matches...
Don't just sit down and celebrate others
Make a move and let them celebrate you
Join us today and you will be smiling tomorrow...
ADD ME ON FACEBOOK..https://web.facebook.com/johnpaul.ifeanyi.73?_rdr
WHATSAPP OR CALL: with the number in the picture below....

play and win all the money yourself till you're richer than dangote

Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by maxiuc(m): 8:27am On Mar 30, 2017
what about the red eye after crying what does it reveal
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by ikorodureporta: 8:28am On Mar 30, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
CAN TOO MUCH INTAKE OF GARRI SPOIL EYES? Please anz me o.. This eyes is getin blurry at any screen sight

u still dey take garri like that? Abi recession no reach there
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by eezeribe(m): 8:33am On Mar 30, 2017
What of OKPOLO EYE
Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by goingape1: 8:37am On Mar 30, 2017
ThisTrend:
Do you already love an article and you want to have it on your blog without issues.
I'll rewrite each and every part of it with the queen's english and it gonna looook original, because I'm gonna insert 5-8 keywords for SEO Sake smiley

Contact Me On : charlietosin@gmail.com
loook, english.

RIP ENGLISH

Re: 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health by goingape1: 8:39am On Mar 30, 2017
Vickiweezy:
I just saw my neighbour driving a 2017 Benz AMG E65 cry

LASG Raises Alarm Over Rising Cases Of Run-Away COVID-19 Positive Patients / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... / 50 Hospitalised After Eating Cow Bitten By Snake In South Africa