Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water (17097 Views)

NAFDAC Orders The Recall Of Eva Table Water 75cl / Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite / 'Taking Fanta, Sprite With Vitamin C Is Poisonous' - Court Orders NAFDAC To Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by dailybells(m): 10:53am On Mar 30, 2017
By ADEJUWON OSUNNUYI

A limited liability company, DAI Brothers Investment Limited alleged to have been supplied with contaminated Aquafina Table water bottled by Seven Up Bottling Company Plc, has instituted a suit before a Federal high court, Lagos, seeking an order compelling National Agency For food and Drug Administration and control (NAFDAC) to release forthwith on oath the Certificate of Report of Laboratory analysis on Aquafina Table Water, vide its Notice of Complaint.

The applicant, in an affidavit sworn to by its Managing Director, Ibrahim Yaro and filed before the court by Barrister Jerry Omoregie, the deponent alleged that sometime between November and December 2015, his company purchased Aquafina Table water from Gjonny Enterprises, an accredited distributor/deport of Seven-Up Bottling company Plc bottler of AquafinaTable Water for supplies to the vessel M.T. Marina, one of its major clients.

However, the company stated that it was rudely shocked to be informed by the owners of the Vessel M.T. Marina that the Aquafina Table water supplied was contaminated and some crew members who were foreign nationals of the M. T. Marina, who consumed the said Table water immediately took ill and were evacuated and flown to India for medical treatment.

Yaro alleged further that following a close scrutiny of the Aquafina Table water, it was discovered that the said water contains particles and foreign bodies of black substances.

Thereafter the applicants through its Solicitors, lodged a complaint to the Director of NAFDAC in Apapa. Adding following the complaint, the men and officers of NAFDAC investigation and the Enforcedment Directorate, Apapa, Lagos recovered from the Applicants company 22 packs of 150cl of Aquafina Table Water.

Upon the recovery of the 22 packs of the said Table water from the store of the company, samples were taken of the said water marked and sealed for laboratory analysis by NAFDAC, in the presence of the company and the representative of Seven -Up Bottling Plc.

http://dailybells.com.ng/2017/03/firm-drags-nafdac-to-court-over-7-ups-contaminated-aquafina-table-water/

1 Like

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by number5(m): 10:54am On Mar 30, 2017
Ok

Finally the FTC hustle pays of..though on a useless topic sha..

I want to dedicate this acheivements to all young pipo out there who struggle to make it in life..wana let em know that they shldnt give up hope, no never, cos they are close to glory.

Also wana appreciate all the dudes et bae who encouraged me all the years of my ftc hustle..God don finally pick up mi call ooh...I luv u all guys..I wont forget u all in d promise land cool

Finally am dedicating dis acheivement to my mum who taught me never to give up but keep on pressing on..I luv u momma grin

4 Likes

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by Destined2win: 10:59am On Mar 30, 2017
Some cash is about to change hands

8 Likes

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 30, 2017
But where is lalasticlala sef...

Since May 29, 2015

- Fanta, Coca Cola (court judgement, yet to comply)
- Kentucky Fried Chicken shut down (reason unknown)
- ExxonMobil massive retrenchment (reason unknown)
- Arik (takeover by AMCON)
- Silverbird (takeover by AMCON)
- MTN ($5.1bn debt to FG)
- Keystone bank (sold)
- Aquifina water (Court case)
- SHELL (status unknown)
- SUN International (leaving by June)
- United Airlines (departed finally)
- Aero (undergoing chemo)

Others numerous uncountable embarassed embarassed embarassed

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by AngelicBeing: 11:26am On Mar 30, 2017
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef...

Since May 29, 2015

- Fanta, Coca Cola (court judgement, yet to comply)
- Kentucky Fried Chicken shut down (reason unknown)
- ExxonMobil massive retrenchment (reason unknown)
- Arik (takeover by AMCON)
- Silverbird (takeover by AMCON)
- MTN ($5.1bn debt to FG)
- Keystone bank (sold)
- Aquifina water (Court case)

Others numerous uncountable embarassed embarassed embarassed

tongue

6 Likes

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by lilfreezy: 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by MrGreenMavro: 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
grin
Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
God will settle it for them ooo.....
Pls pple in the North when will rain fall ds heat is like North is close to hell

3 Likes

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
Na God dey save person. Such a popular table water
Now imagine pure water wey be say some dey for their one room dey package shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ómò na God dey save poor people oooooo

NAFDAC It died with Dora Akunyili. May God continue to grant her eternal rest wherever she may be.

19 Likes

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by TURAKIN2019(f): 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
grin
Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by Hoddor(m): 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
undecided

4 Likes

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by DESTINY41(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
Space 4 sale. @250 000 naira

Negotiation is allowed

2 Likes

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by winzy(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
Soooo... Make we dey drink well water ba?
Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by LoveMe4real(f): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
K
Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by OVA200(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
And many people have already consume this water NAFDAC should pay dearly for this.

Oooops I don forget say na NAIJA we dey.

This NAFDAC of a thing is doing nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by twilliamx(m): 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hmm
Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by uther948(m): 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
abeg make them dey sue theirselves, nai price of garri concern me

1 Like

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by AgbenuAnna(f): 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2017
contaminated bottled water and they are flying them to India when we drink borehole water and river water.

God is good

.I was watching a movie and the way they talked about mosquito as if it's death and we live with mosquitoes like brothers and sisters.

3 Likes

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by dipznano: 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
kk
Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by okoisubra(m): 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by thonyokun(m): 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
No single intelligent comment, what's wrong with youths of nowadays? O ma se o

3 Likes

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by Tazdroid(m): 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
We really need to be more careful with all these bottled drinks wey dey go round. As u can see, if ordinary water is not safe. Make una dey try check d following before u rush buy any bottled drinks for traffic, supermarkets, shops, or any other place:

1. The sealing of the bottle
2. The expiry date
3. The NAFDAC reg number (on nafdacverify.com.ng if you get chance)

God help us as we drink

2 Likes

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by oshe11: 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
Please MTN shud stop sending Me messages during month ENDs

The heartBREAK is TOO much whenever it is NOT an ALERT

I WILL SOON DRAG THEM TO COURT FOR DECEPTION AND EMOTIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL TORTURE

6 Likes

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by dipznano: 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
contaminated bottled water and they are flying them to India when we drink borehole water and river water.

God is good

.I was watching a movie and the way they talked about mosquito as if it's death and we live with mosquitoes like brothers and sisters.

you and who??
Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by lyricalz: 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
in other news, check out weekend banker games

Friday 31st Limereck- cork city x2 u $ Derry - bruy
1x u $ Avellino- spa2013 x2u Dundee - Aberdeen
x2 0 (Australia 2nd lig) Florida - lask x2 o (Jordan)
Al weedat - al ahly DNB $ Niigata - gamba Osaka
x2
Sat April 1 V pizen - teplice 1x u $

check out more on http://
predict4soccer..nl/?m=1

1 Like

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by SIRJAYB: 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2017
owk*
Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by Tazdroid(m): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
uther948:
abeg make them dey sue theirselves, nai price of garri concern me
na only garri u dey chop abi?
Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by dipznano: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
thonyokun:
No single intelligent comment, what's wrong with youths of nowadays? O ma se o

you've also failed to produce one!

1 Like

Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by DIKEnaWAR: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
That means the pure water the masses have been drinking na die
Re: Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2017
everybody wants to take advantage after the Cocacola case

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Approves Three Private Hospitals To Manage COVID-19 Cases / Medical Patient Monitor Machine For Sale In Lagos / I Overdosed on Caffeine help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.