Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,131 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars (32485 Views)

Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / Are Mercedes Benz Cars Overrated And Over-hyped In Nigeria? / 10 Crazily Expensive Mercedes-benz Cars You’ve Never Seen Before. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by LesbianBoy(m): 8:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
Buhari sef
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Jerryojozy(m): 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
Op 1926? My textbook is saying something contrary o. Which will I believe now? According to my textbook MB first manufactured car that use petrol and that was 1885.

Genius J

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by discusant: 8:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
None of the above. Only reason they go for Mercedes-Benz instead of patronize Nigeria -made cars is because their love for Nigeria is lip love. Only crude oil joins Nigerians.
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
Oh, I see
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by AutoReportNG2: 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
Jerryojozy:
Op 1926? My textbook is saying something contrary o. Which will I believe now? According to my textbook MB first manufactured car that use petrol and that was 1885.

Genius J

You are right, but the brand MB itself came into existence in 1926.. It was in patnership with Diamler before they split..
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by limitless777(m): 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
But that's none of my business.
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by discusant: 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
blackaxe78:

grin grin grin

So make our number one men start to dey patronize Innoson wey no get crash and safety test result.

Who won die when the money is available.

Innoson wey the wheels fit pull anytime overtake the car itself

Guy , how dirty is your mindset?
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by lonelydora: 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
Most world leaders use Mercedes Benz
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by crestrader(m): 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Mercedes Benz safety measures dat can't save Diana & Dodi?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
Stop promoting this nonsense lifestyle. There is only one reason they patronize Mercedes Benz and the reason is because they are stupid.

There are automobile companies in Nigeria and if the government can make such voluminous purchase orders, then it will help those companies to provide the listed benefits.

Our politicians are the most stupid human beings ever engineered by aliens.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
The most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria

Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Nakuza(m): 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
burkingx:
grin
The president is from which country Bro?
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Splendid700: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
Unique cars
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by bejeria101(m): 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2017
Why must buhari and anything that doesnt make sense always be on nairaland,are they paying you? The benz isnt it taxpayers money abi na their papa money? We have real issues to deal with and its buhari and benz! Haba!
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Lovechyld101(m): 9:24pm On Mar 30, 2017
manchester1:
grin
I prefer Camry to benze. pencil light to be precise

Lol akuse !!!
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by MrHighSea: 9:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
Op is one of their marketers
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by wandyvirus(m): 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
Billyonaire:
Stop promoting this nonsense lifestyle. There is only one reason they patronize Mercedes Benz and the reason is because they are stupid.

There are automobile companies in Nigeria and if the government can make such voluminous purchase orders, then it will help those companies to provide the listed benefits.

[/b]Our politicians are the most stupid human beings ever engineered by aliens[b].
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Sikay19(m): 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
All the reasons given above are not tenable enough. I would rather go for Hyundai than this overhyped machine

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Jerryojozy(m): 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
AutoReportNG2:

You are right, but the brand MB itself came into existence in 1926.. It was in patnership with Diamler before they split..
Okay. Thanks

Genius J
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by nwadiuko1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
no biggie....my dad drives one of em Benzes
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by InvertedHammer: 10:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
AutoReportNG2:
It's no news that the 3 most powerful people according to the Nigerian constitution all use Mercedes-Benz as their official car, the president, vice president and the Senate president all use Mercedes Benz, a background check into some of the state governors garages too, we can reliably write at least 70-80% of these governors have a Mercedes Benz car in their fleet. There have been an outcry from Nigerians and the social media as to why politicians prefer a German brand as to a Nigerian brand in as much as we have a local firm here which makes vehicles as well. We did an investigation in these outcries, and we found the following reasons why the Federal Government, National Assembly, and State Govs. will still continue patronizing Mercedes-Benz brand.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-bU1TsWPH7mU/WN1G4L6Pu5I/AAAAAAAAJTI/AoTCo6ml7kEfr5o5dTZEFOB3cTxmfRGAQCLcB/s640/d.jpg[/img]

1. They are aggressive marketers
It's no news that the brand has been around for quite some time, a quick glance at their Wikipedia page shows that it was founded in 1926, so technically, we are looking at a 91-year-old brand, despite that, they seem not to take to chance, you will always see any of their representatives in government house, Aso Rock or they have a clique with some of the staffs there. Likewise, on the social media, MB is among the most active auto brand on Twitter, IG, and the rest, when you make an inquiry, be rest assured that with 48-hours your inquiry will be treated, they are always advertising and showcasing their new range of products and services.

2. Safety Certified
Life is precious, and life can't be on autopilot once its gone. The first thing on the mind of any politician is how am I? Mercedes-Benz seems to be a brand for such folks, virtually all their vehicles have safety certifications, for example, the armored 550 4Matic car has a ballistic certification and many others.

3. Integrity and a brand to protect
Have you ever asked, what will make a president of a nation to patronize a car outside his country? That has to do with loyalty, selflessness, and integrity. Having been in the game for 91-years, they have learned the modulus Operandi in dealing with government officials and therefore vouch for their brand if anything goes wrong.

4. Luxury and comfort
Imagine been in a car that defines luxury at its finest. We reviewed a car recently, it was configured that when it goes into a pit or potholes, the passenger does no feel it as it automatically adjusts itself, that's what MB cars are known for, with the addition of Maybach into the league, life just get better. What every man wants is to have a value for his money.

5. Their service centers and parts are available
Nothing makes a car more useless when you can't find the service area or its part anywhere. At least there are 2 service centers of MB in every state of the federation which makes it accessible and easy to get a snap.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-jroCSVzprt4/WN1JzmXJgtI/AAAAAAAAJTg/2U4DFicw6-gVOIA96wuiOCa796kVa3fewCLcB/s640/Mercedes-Benz-logo-2011-1920x1080.png[/img]

6. Mercedes-Benz Innovation: Timelessly Tasteful and Efficient
What begins as a breakthrough becomes the standard for every car on the road. Enjoyment is paramount along the ever more exciting road map to the future and a never-ending roster of new achievements.

7. They are known to be strong and rugged for Nigeria roads
It has been proven that bad roads make even the most expensive car in the world to wear out within the shortest period of time. Have you heard of the world German-Machine? MB are proven to be strong and withstand all manner of bad roads no wonder our politicians use it as their official cars.

Any car that will displace Mercedes-Benz must be ready to do extra more.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/why-buhari-govs-nass-members-patronize.html
/
All the things you mentioned are marketing gimmicks. The same can be said about BMW too.

There is no value in a car that goes from $100+k to $20+k in about five years. The use of MB products exemplifies the profligate nature of public office holders in Nigeria.

MB used to be all that but it has been relegated to the luxury vehicle of the middle class and that's why there are too many of them on the road.
//

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by burkingx(f): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nakuza:
The president is from which country Bro?
....I be Yarinya not bro !......bro wink

President of Uruguay !!!
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Origin(f): 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2017
Probably because Mercedes Benz can customize with bullet proof etc security safety etc

People Wey Na mosquito go kill them last last.
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Zieristclair(m): 12:22am On Mar 31, 2017
whitebeard:
Cadillac escalade all the way babe
tell dem broda! cool
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Coolgent(m): 12:45am On Mar 31, 2017
Flat heads governors should have patronise their brother
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by Originalsly: 2:31am On Mar 31, 2017
Hmmm.... with the low ground clearance these cars are definitely not made for Nigerian roads in general.
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by escapefromusa(f): 3:56am On Mar 31, 2017
because they are better than beamers grin
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by escapefromusa(f): 3:58am On Mar 31, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... with the low ground clearance these cars are definitely not made for Nigerian roads in general.

wetin this one dey talk..... after peugeot na benz for naija now... ever since

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by WhoRUDeceiving: 5:20am On Mar 31, 2017
That's African man for you, giving his slave masters (whose name he still proudly and shamelessly bares as in Nigg.er Area/ Nigeria) back more money so that the slave master can sponsor more misery towards him

FOOLS
Re: Why Buhari, Govs, NASS Members Patronize Mercedes-Benz Cars by InvertedHammer: 5:55am On Mar 31, 2017
/
Oyibo knows how to play Africans like ludo.

Even in conflicts, they sell weapons to both sides and watch brothers decimate themselves while they smile to the bank.

The saddest part is that they can repeat this game cycle as many times as they like. Only in rare cases do they show face. USA, UK, Soviet Union, Algeria, Egypt, Syria and Bulgaria clandestinely beat the Biafrans black and blue to secure oil fields in Nigeria but openly presented Nigerian troops as winner. Everyone knew that it was the hands of Essau but the voice of Jacob. Left at their own expertise, Nigerian troops cannot even defeat Boko Haram. They again looked up to their masters who gave them the middle finger because there is no oil in the North and the masters now have oil in their backyards.

I give it to oyibo people. African leaders brains are like specimens in their labs. I hope they swapped those cars for bugs.

//

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Transformation Of Mercedes Benz Logo: The Best Or Nothing / LandRover Unveils Its Most Expensive Model Ever,£177k RangeRover SVAutobiograhy / "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.