Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes (65927 Views)

MTV Base Top 20 Nigerian Artistes Of 2019 / Abby Zeus Shades Nigerian Artistes For Having Small Joystick / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Customer80: 7:57am On Apr 01, 2017
No Nigerian musician is a better as Ozinna Soludo at the moment

Check him out on YouTube
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Jewelnutch: 8:03am On Apr 01, 2017
Synord:

u had to take the pain to remove the bin from there..

Guy, Ur case pass me..

Haha, shattered already and you went to modify your stupidity? That won't stop you from being a fool in my presence.

2 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 01, 2017
Synord:
5) Lil Kesh - This dude practically has little to nothing to offer musically.. With below par lyrics, childish delivery on topics relating to sexual acts and mostly noisy beats, one can say Lil kesh barely survived on the hype of YBNL ..This can be seen in his three singles released after his exit from YBNL,kojo,shele Gan Gan and fake love, all 3 singles not performing to expectation not forgetting his highly forgettable ( pun intended ) debut album, YAGI ...

4) Ycee - Zaheer as he is fondly called is another very overated act...His lyrical prowess can be no where compared to the likes of poe,ozone,Yung6ix and even Erigga..The act who has been using his rapsy voice to gain a edge ,may be surely talented but at the same time ,highly overrated compared to the crop of Rappers out here in Nigeria grinding..

3) Ice Prince - Former choc city act , Ice prince... I find it very hard to believe he actually won a BET award...With wack ass flows like ' I shit in twos ,poo poo...'. one cannot but wonder how the act has managed to acquire a large fan base and selling out shows ...

2) Davido
- Yes. ,Davido is very very overrated..Apart from the obviously poor vocal ability, we all know how he comes about his songs including his latest single. The artists has been using nothing but money,influence and connection to force his songs on Nigerians ..If u doubt me, search davido Tim Westwood freestyle on Google and see for yourself.

1) Mr Eazi - The most overrated artiste I know of as to be Mr Eazi.. With an astounding lack of musical surprise and monotonous delivery , How the act managed to gain a huge following with his weak lines and burns boy like vibes remains a surprise ..

These are the five most overrated artists in Nigeria and I hope they prove their talents soonest ..

Written by Iamsynord
twitter @iamsynord
ice prince isn't overrated listen to excellency, and trillion ft phyno.plus how many hits must someone put out to not be overrated,just one year from like the last 10 were he. wasn't all over the music scene and now he is overrated lipsrsealed
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 9:15am On Apr 01, 2017
GetUmad:

That's the point! You listen to it, we all do, though not deliberately . Whether you like it or not it's all over our face. You hear it everywhere and by chance, it might have even unfortunately become one's anthem. Does it change the fact that they're wack? That's the point most people are missing.

this is my email bro

idsam600@gmail.com
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Temysteve(m): 9:16am On Apr 01, 2017
Basic123:
As I saw the thread,I was expecting no1 to be DAVIDO...so so overrated.what pain me most is when he sees whizkid as his rival!..what of..yemi alade and tekno,so overrated .

most underrated
solid star
brymo
sean tizzle
burna boy
styl plus
falz
faze
paul play dairo-
wande coal
where did u put D'prince, ikechukwu nd dr Sid
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 9:18am On Apr 01, 2017
Temysteve:
where did u put D'prince, ikechukwu nd dr Sid

how d Bleep we u say dprince is underrated... lol
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by armpit: 9:33am On Apr 01, 2017
so I saw davido's name on your list and I thought this OP must be davido's baby mama trying to get back at him by hating.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by barcaboi(m): 9:39am On Apr 01, 2017
Synord:
5) Lil Kesh - This dude practically has little to nothing to offer musically.. With below par lyrics, childish delivery on topics relating to sexual acts and mostly noisy beats, one can say Lil kesh barely survived on the hype of YBNL ..This can be seen in his three singles released after his exit from YBNL,kojo,shele Gan Gan and fake love, all 3 singles not performing to expectation not forgetting his highly forgettable ( pun intended ) debut album, YAGI ...

4) Ycee - Zaheer as he is fondly called is another very overated act...His lyrical prowess can be no where compared to the likes of poe,ozone,Yung6ix and even Erigga..The act who has been using his rapsy voice to gain a edge ,may be surely talented but at the same time ,highly overrated compared to the crop of Rappers out here in Nigeria grinding..

3) Ice Prince - Former choc city act , Ice prince... I find it very hard to believe he actually won a BET award...With wack ass flows like ' I shit in twos ,poo poo...'. one cannot but wonder how the act has managed to acquire a large fan base and selling out shows ...

2) Davido
- Yes. ,Davido is very very overrated..Apart from the obviously poor vocal ability, we all know how he comes about his songs including his latest single. The artists has been using nothing but money,influence and connection to force his songs on Nigerians ..If u doubt me, search davido Tim Westwood freestyle on Google and see for yourself.

1) Mr Eazi - The most overrated artiste I know of as to be Mr Eazi.. With an astounding lack of musical surprise and monotonous delivery , How the act managed to gain a huge following with his weak lines and burns boy like vibes remains a surprise ..

These are the five most overrated artists in Nigeria and I hope they prove their talents soonest ..

Written by Iamsynord
twitter @iamsynord
davido pays writers like he did for aye and If; neyo also wrote Marios hit track....let me love u.....and that's allowed
*lil Kesh has mad impact on crowd and those songs u mentioned were not average
*calling ycee average is just silly
*ice ...prince....I agree
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by vickylincon(m): 9:44am On Apr 01, 2017
Basic123:
As I saw the thread,I was expecting no1 to be DAVIDO...so so overrated.what pain me most is when he sees whizkid as his rival!..what of..yemi alade and tekno,so overrated .

most underrated
solid star
brymo
sean tizzle
burna boy
styl plus
falz
faze
paul play dairo-
wande coal
stylplus still dey sing? my favorite though
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Basic123: 9:51am On Apr 01, 2017
vickylincon:
stylplus still dey sing? my favorite though
go and download their recent release "aso ibora".Although,tunde(my favorite) is no more part of the group.Listen to Aso ibora and say mtcheew to if,pana, daddy yo and co
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Blonchilli(m): 10:03am On Apr 01, 2017
See eh you should have just listed all Nigerian musicians because how many artist do we have sef? Making beat without really good lyrics. Look at artist like Ed Sheeran that has 8 songs topping the top 10 chart from his album, listen to songs from one republic, Charlie puth, Adele, the weekend, even designer, Celine dion and her timeless songs, kendrick lamar, johny cash's hurt, drake if you want to toast a girl, akon, pharrell Williams and then you will know content. Our artist will say one or two meaningful words and just be jumping and saying jargons! Their stage/live performance is just sing along to their recording and you call those ones artist. Mtschewwwwwww!!! Whenever I download any Nigerian song I can only play it for a few weeks after that it's forgotten. But they're western songs that whenever I play it the meaning still speaks and remembering those memories sometimes brings tear to my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by absool(m): 10:37am On Apr 01, 2017
Mr eazi tries small in lyrics (if you know ghana slangs) but tekno and kcee total trash
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by paradigmshift(m): 10:41am On Apr 01, 2017
skimmy005:
lol, which rapper is more beta dan dremo in naija apart from MI, mode9 vektor

dremo has nothing to offer.
is dremo better than
Poe
blackbonez
oladips
Jesse jagz
SDC
yung6ix
boogey
so mny others.

just 4 tracks wey e get abi 5, u dey Call am oga. dremo gat flow, no punchline, no bars or message pass...I don't listen to poo..play song with positivity
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by rallymento(m): 10:52am On Apr 01, 2017
Brown14:
On point with Davido n Mr Eazi....plus Kcee.

Underrated

--Sean fizzle

--Burna boy

Anybody that Underrates Burna Boy doesn't know music at all

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Eeroh95(m): 10:52am On Apr 01, 2017
Mr eazi and ice prince are not overrated ice prince just lost his vibe
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by youngdee(m): 11:34am On Apr 01, 2017
I don't agree with that of Davido. Forget his voice, the guy is good

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by youngdee(m): 11:37am On Apr 01, 2017
armpit:
so I saw davido's name on your list and I thought this OP must be davido's baby mama trying to get back at him by hating.

Don't mind the OP, how can Davido be included on that list.

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by skimmy005: 11:38am On Apr 01, 2017
paradigmshift:

dremo has nothing to offer.
is dremo better than
Poe
blackbonez
oladips
Jesse jagz
SDC
yung6ix
boogey
so mny others.

just 4 tracks wey e get abi 5, u dey Call am oga. dremo gat flow, no punchline, no bars or message pass...I don't listen to poo..play song with positivity
lol, yung6ix poe oladips?? dead rappers, to be sincere hip hop is dead in nigeria
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Holla20(m): 12:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
Basic123:

most underrated
solid star
brymo
sean tizzle
burna boy
styl plus
falz
faze
paul play dairo-
wande coal
Brymo √
Burna boy √
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Codes151(m): 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2017
Bad belle
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by paradigmshift(m): 3:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
skimmy005:
lol, yung6ix poe oladips?? dead rappers, to be sincere hip hop is dead in nigeria

you don't know hip-hop bro. do you even know boogey ,sdc , blackbonez ?ola dips will smoke dremo, dremo that cant even freestyle in Hennessey cypher lmao... Poe that's dope as fuk ,was signed by mavin is wat u call wack,u re high. how many yung6ix song's ve u played? even milli and ycee re better dn shitty dremo. I know you will prefer Drake over Kendrick Lamar lmao... done here
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by clevadani: 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
Op, e clear say ur head no correct
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2017
clevadani:
Op, e clear say ur head no correct

ok
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Mojoy88(m): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
The overrated have the airwaves now. Will patiently wait for the real artistes to dish out nice tunes.

When you hear ''it's young john the wicked producer'', you know what will follow.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Haoqi24: 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2017
You all saying lyrics in Nigeria is wack should remember it's as simple as whatever one is is what you see. The lyrics are mirrors.

Recently, a survey was taken about the most read types of article and it was discovered the ones fashioned as a primary school pupil.

All you criticizing this successful young chap just lack understanding, what's your fvcking achievement. Do you know the works put into those hits, the studies n all, you don't know isn't.

For those comparing our artist to the international artist. Then dey export their culture and we are exporting ours Turkey. And music is the reflection of the general consciousness, so the artist aren't dum, the people are.

Even Jesus said to the public I speak in parable and to the inner circle I breakdown the things of the kingdom. Open your eyes and see the principles and not the stories.

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Temysteve(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
Synord:

how d Bleep we u say dprince is underrated... lol
what d Bleep is he singing??
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by skimmy005: 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
paradigmshift:

you don't know hip-hop bro. do you even know boogey ,sdc , blackbonez ?ola dips will smoke dremo, dremo that cant even freestyle in Hennessey cypher lmao... Poe that's dope as fuk ,was signed by mavin is wat u call wack,u re high. how many yung6ix song's ve u played? even milli and ycee re better dn shitty dremo. I know you will prefer Drake over Kendrick Lamar lmao... done here
ma guy be fair abeg erigga even betta pass yung6ix, ola dips only ave 1style of rap, as for drake nd kendrick is only a mad man dat will compare kendrick with drake I dnt even see drake as a rapper
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by paradigmshift(m): 2:41am On Apr 02, 2017
skimmy005:
ma guy be fair abeg erigga even betta pass yung6ix, ola dips only ave 1style of rap, as for drake nd kendrick is only a mad man dat will compare kendrick with drake I dnt even see drake as a rapper

u fall hand big time for even mentioning erriga..now I have seen the type of music u played. can't argue with u...bye
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 5:44am On Apr 02, 2017
GetUmad:

If I mistakenly tune in to a radio or TV station that plays that Highly Mediocre Mr Ealing, I waste no time in changing or turning it off instantly.
That guy takes the cake for the most Incoherent and meaningless lyrics in songs [back to back]

My list

Mr Eazi

Davido [imagine the rubbish he just released. Also so senseless like that of Mr Eazi. Had a relief when I later realised it was Tecno on the beat cos he's another mediocre]

Tecno [yea, I know everyone loves him. Even with his meaningless songs and slangs/terms] it doesn't erase the fact that his lyrics are highly incoherent and childish. What is Diana oh Diana oh I wanna take you away? Or what is Baby Pana and whatever other rubbish he mumbled ?

Let's forget the fact that these guys are famous hence whatever rubbish they dish out gets huge acceptability. Imagine for once that it's an unknown artist that sang any of those their songs, imagine it's me that came out shouting Diana oh Diana ooo, would it make any sense to anyone? Would people wait to listen to it to the end?

the end killed me. grin

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Produke(m): 7:28am On Apr 02, 2017
paradigmshift:

u fall hand big time for even mentioning erriga..now I have seen the type of music u played. can't argue with u...bye
Erigga is 100 times better than Yung6ix,argue with your boxers.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by paradigmshift(m): 10:06am On Apr 02, 2017
Produke:

Erigga is 100 times better than Yung6ix,argue with your boxers.

your IQ is proportional to how you reason.erigga spit lmao

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Paschaline Alex Okoli: I Can Go Nude For A Movie Depending On The Amount / DJ Cuppy's Grandmother, Lady Doja, Excited About Her Baby Lion / Davido And Chioma Attend Church Together With Their Son (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.