Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons (5426 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors / Economy Remains Strong, Says Central Bank Governor Emefiele / Central Bank Bank Illegally Funnels Huge Cash To FG - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by Techpady: 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
In a dramatic turn of events, the head of the apex bank of the country has tendered his resignation letter due to undisclosed reasons.

Governor of Ghana’s Central Bank, Abdul-Nashiru Issahaku has resigned. This was made known to journalists by anonymous source.

According to sources within the central bank, the governor who officially started his four-year term around September last year tendered his resignation on Wednesday citing personal reasons.

Although the governors of the central bank have been insulated against political risk through an amended Bank of Ghana Act which assures them the security of tenure, speculations have been rife immediately after the December election that the current government would like the governor to leave office so they could appoint a replacement.

Issahaku was first appointed by former president John Mahama in April 2016 in an acting position when Henry Wampah tendered his resignation six months before the end of his tenure.

Mahama was defeated at the polls by current president, Nana Akufo-Addo who won the election by 53 per cent.

Sources within the central bank also named former head of the research department at the bank, Ernest Addison now with the African Development Bank as one of the front-runners to occupy the Bank of Ghana chair.

The outgoing governor held his last Monetary Policy Committee press briefing on Monday, where he announced a 200 basis point reduction in the bank’s benchmark policy rate from 25.5 per cent to 23.5 per cent.

Soruce;http://TecPaded.Tk

Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by tolugar: 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
This is nairaland.

Not

Accraland or Ghanaland

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by Jajayi: 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
grin grin grin grin
tolugar:
This is nairaland.

Not

Accraland or Ghanaland
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by Alisegun(m): 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by KwoiZabo(m): 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
what kind of topic is this? Is this Ghanaland?

3 Likes

Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by Nwodosis(m): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
This April fool worked on me o!

1 Like

Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by princemillla(m): 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
I was hoping to see emefiele but I got caught up

1 Like

Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by profhezekiah: 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
This can never happen in Nigeria, No one resigns,even pple above the serve age of 60 or 65 still lie about their age to continue,Nigeria is in trouble

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by tuniski: 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
Make baba resign join
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by Rainmaker69(m): 12:50am On Mar 31, 2017
tolugar:
This is nairaland.

Not

Accraland or Ghanaland

Lmaooo! After all na Central Bank Gomina sef
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by seunlly(m): 1:10am On Mar 31, 2017
I thought it was emefiele...
I would said that it over for Nigeria...
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by Justuceleague2: 7:25am On Mar 31, 2017
I had a whole speech prepared when I saw this topic, but then it happened in Ghana

Despite allowing billions to be siphoned, our Bros there is not thinking of vacation let alone resigning
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by ElsonMorali: 7:27am On Mar 31, 2017
You got me.
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by annnikky(f): 7:35am On Mar 31, 2017
I even tink sey na naija CBN governor undecided
Op it seems u're high on pure water..
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by ifyalways(f): 7:40am On Mar 31, 2017
Loool

OP almost got me
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by hazyfm1: 7:47am On Mar 31, 2017
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
tolugar:
This is nairaland.

Not

Accraland or Ghanaland
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by Whistleblowers: 8:25am On Mar 31, 2017
Mumu OP.

I was even thinking it was that Efelefele boy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by Adesiji77: 8:52am On Mar 31, 2017
tolugar:
This is nairaland.

Not

Accraland or Ghanaland

I wonder o cheesy
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by sammyj: 8:56am On Mar 31, 2017
The OP should just go and seat down somewhere with his false and misleading Topic. How does Ghana's Central issue concern us here in Nigeria!!!! angry angry angry cool
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by DivneFavour(m): 9:18am On Mar 31, 2017
This post funny and disappointing, especially the "Central Bank Ghana" part.
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by jojomario(m): 9:24am On Mar 31, 2017
The Op wants a front page at all cost.
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by spartan117(m): 10:08am On Mar 31, 2017
Techpady:
In a dramatic turn of events, the head of the apex bank of the country has tendered his resignation letter due to undisclosed reasons.

Governor of Ghana’s Central Bank, Abdul-Nashiru Issahaku has resigned. This was made known to journalists by anonymous source.

According to sources within the central bank, the governor who officially started his four-year term around September last year tendered his resignation on Wednesday citing personal reasons.

Although the governors of the central bank have been insulated against political risk through an amended Bank of Ghana Act which assures them the security of tenure, speculations have been rife immediately after the December election that the current government would like the governor to leave office so they could appoint a replacement.

Issahaku was first appointed by former president John Mahama in April 2016 in an acting position when Henry Wampah tendered his resignation six months before the end of his tenure.

Mahama was defeated at the polls by current president, Nana Akufo-Addo who won the election by 53 per cent.

Sources within the central bank also named former head of the research department at the bank, Ernest Addison now with the African Development Bank as one of the front-runners to occupy the Bank of Ghana chair.

The outgoing governor held his last Monetary Policy Committee press briefing on Monday, where he announced a 200 basis point reduction in the bank’s benchmark policy rate from 25.5 per cent to 23.5 per cent.

Soruce;http://TecPaded.Tk
Dis op needs flogging! Here I was thinking dat d cbn governor emefiele had resigned, imagine my disappointment to open d thread and see ghana, ghana! angry

1 Like

Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by akoko11: 10:38am On Mar 31, 2017
I tot it was CBN gov
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by galadima77(m): 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
tolugar:
This is nairaland.

Not

Accraland or Ghanaland

Or Cedisland
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by bedspread: 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
HOW E TAKE CONCERN US FOR HERE
Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
OP abeg open ur door, I wan tell u something

2 Likes

Re: Central Bank Governor Finally Resigns Due To Personal Reasons by GMbuharii: 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
Sophisticated people now: "Lord i can't,i can't take this...oh Lord..." grin cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

The Real Reason Why Those Former PDP Senators Decamped Back To PDP / Breaking: After Sack Of DSS Boss, List Of Other Moles Planted By Saraki Exposed / Udom Watches As 540mw Power Plant In Akwa Ibom Will Be Used To Power Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.