Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone (27608 Views)

This Woman Made Money Rain At A Party (Video) / Children Dancing & Rocking At A Party (Photos, Video) / Little NIGERIAN Kids having SEX In A Party (Uncensored) Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by maclatunji: 11:50am On Mar 31, 2017
It can be a very unpleasant experience when you attend a party and you don’t know anyone besides the host. You won’t only be bored, you will also feel very lonely. It is obviously difficult to strike a conversation with people you don’t know even if you are extroverted. As a result, some individuals may simply abandon the party and go home. You don’t have to do this, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares 6 ways to survive a party or gig if you don’t know anyone.

Be positive

Your friend inviting you to a party means that he/she wants you to be there. Do not feel out place or feel like you don’t belong there. This is because when some people go to parties and they don’t know anyone, they feel inferior. Consequently, they begin to suck. This will even make the situation. So be positive!

Request to help the host

Rather than just sitting down amidst persons you don’t know, you can decide to help the host. The host will no doubt be very busy but he or she will appreciate your request to help. You can even bring food to cook just to keep you busy.

Exercise how to break the ice

Breaking the ice is very essential to start a conversation at a party where you are don’t know anyone. So, before you leave home, ensure that you have some conversation starters at your fingertips.

Listen to what others have to say

After breaking the ice or starting a conversation, the next thing is to continue and sustain it which can sometimes be a bit tasking to do. One way you can overcome this is to listen to what others are saying. However, don’t over listen to the point you are mute.

Look for other loners

Lonely people are desperately searching for someone to talk to. So, don’t be afraid to look for other loners and start a conversation with them. They will definitely appreciate and welcome your gesture! You will always find loners at a party which may be held at the Epe Resort.

Just have fun

Do not miss out on the fun even if you don’t know anyone so that you won’t regret going to the party.

Source; http://www.opinions.ng/6-ways-survive-party-anyone/

11 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by youngest85(m): 11:52am On Mar 31, 2017
Mitchew

22 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by oviejnr(m): 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2017
Owanbe!!!

By the way the person above me, what network are you using?? I sure nor be Glo, cos the next page is recommended for the Glo subscribers grin grin

9 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by veekid(m): 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2017

don't try any of this in jogor

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by Epositive(m): 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
i don't go to party alone, i ball with friends cool

5 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by nazeefsco(m): 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
And dis one is front page undecided

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by flyca: 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
Everybody must own a blog by fire by fire

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by femi4: 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
Mogbo Moya crew

4 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by tgmservice: 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nothing written on this thread makes sense sometimes i question the intelligence of seun and his mods

25 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by SNOWCREAM(m): 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2017

Later we'll see another thread like "How To Pack Food That Will Fill 3 Ghana-must-go At A Party You're Not Invited To" angry

12 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nairaland mods, what is happening. This is one of the reasons I hate bloggers in Nigeria. They lack exposure and sense of reasoning.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by Olateef(m): 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by otunbakplu(m): 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
this happens when the moderato no get work... embarassed undecided cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by Rapmoney(m): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2017
This is not relevant to the average Warri guys! grin They know how to find their feet in any party, whether invited or not. Some are 'Omnipresent'...always present in every party. They will attend a burial, dance and eat to their satisfaction and even cry more than the bereaved!

If na marriage ceremony, u go think say na their blood sister or brother dey marry. When u see their starched native attire, even people wen dey serve food no go fit deny dem food! wink

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by farouk0403(m): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2017
nice one op, I will used it next time

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by soberdrunk(m): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2017
Just head for the booze area grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by Harmony92(f): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nice points...

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by SuperSuave(m): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2017
I hate social outings not to mention going alone angry

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by mamatayour(f): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2017
Dem go tag u "mogba moya"
Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by SuperSuave(m): 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
tgmservice:
Nothing written on this thread makes sense sometimes i question the intelligence of s.eun and his mods
HAPPY BAN DAY BRO grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by seangy4konji: 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
i dont go to parties...
Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by figure007(m): 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2017
If I couldn't find any liner to converse with I do rather converse with my phone.... When I have battery and data lobatan..... Sit down sipping whatever juice served and surfing the net ...in jenifers voice *adandan*

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by obembet(f): 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2017
Chai, I remember campus life, u don't need invitation card, just dress very well, respect yourself, u will eat the best food

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by figure007(m): 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
figure007:
If I couldn't find any loner to converse with I do rather converse with my phone.... When I have battery and data lobatan..... Sit down sipping whatever juice served and surfing the net ...in jenifers voice *adandan*
Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by onioyelowo: 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
who u epp?
Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by mazizitonene(m): 1:27pm On Mar 31, 2017
alone @ an uninvited party ?......nah......not my thing......

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by sanbells(f): 1:27pm On Mar 31, 2017
Why would I go to a party were I don't know anybody? That's the same thing as suicide because that's what you'll feel like doing, praying for the ground to open and swallow you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by Ekakamba: 1:27pm On Mar 31, 2017
youngest85:
Mitchew

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by Olusharp(m): 1:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by Divay22(f): 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2017
Use your phone....Nairaland is always here for you,but if your phone is down embarassed embarassed embarassed..

Na your case be this

9 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Survive A Party If You Don’t Know Anyone by ekensi01: 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2017
front page things. its useless how can u attend a party without knowing anybdy? it shows u ar a bastard.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life / Kenyan Deaf Couple Weds In Rare Ceremony After Dating Via SMS / My Pre-wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.