Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration (58378 Views)

Corper Abu Bakr Bilyamin Receives N198,000 Instead Of N19,800 Monthly Allawee / Certificates Acquired During NYSC / What To Do During NYSC To Secure An Internship/job Afterwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by ekpaben(m): 10:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
Kano state is my number one choice
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Chriswazo:
Bashnigga I want u to do a poll review for me, just edit ur post that's on FP to include "if u think Kano is better than Kadunna for NYSC, click 'like', if u disagree, click 'share'". Abeg bro
kaduna is more developed than Kano

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by godsonQS(m): 10:55pm On Mar 31, 2017
pls, it belittles a person wen u spread falsehood, there is no denying the fact dat kano is a gud option wenregistring for ur NYSC. But pls avoid lies at all cost. Am a serving corp member in kano state wit one of the govt parastatal, get this straight dere is nothing like state allowance not even 1NAIRA. But PPA giv ranging from 1200 like those in ministry of works, housing and transport. 1500 ministry of budget and planning, nothing in ministry of education, 2000 in kano polytechnic and all d above dont ve accommodation 4 corpers bcus d corpers are more than d available spaces. Other PPA giv tokens as much as 5k including schools. The only schools dat giv above that amount are Nasar acadmy, Abu hanifa, andal academy and the likesif u r lucky dere is accomodation in those schools. There is no pepper for 10Naira. Transport na die here o esp those keke. Pls dont let anybody decieve you make the choice you mind is out for.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by RichardoTobinho: 10:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
Im currently serving in Kano.. the info is highly veritable

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by COvo(m): 10:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

The OP is painting an alluring picture of a welcoming and peaceful Kano

Yes its all fun and games until the muslim fanatics instigated by the politicians shout "allah akbar" and cut off your head.

If you value your life steer clear of all nothern states. Do your one year service in a peaceful state get it over with and get out of there.
Nigeria is too volatile to take needless risk because you want to take advantage of cheap cost of living.

A word is enough for the wise.
God bless you!
People are shouting "Kano on my mind" because they want to cook a pot of soup with #500
A state that I can't talk to a lady or have any drink of my choice is not a state.
All those abokis that want to die with sharia can have Kano all to themselves,I am not interested.
bleeped up sharia state.

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
COvo:

God bless you!
People are shouting "Kano on my mind" because they want to cook a pot of soup with #500
A state that I can't talk to a lady or have any drink of my choice is not a state.
All those abokis that want to die with sharia can have Kano all to themselves,I am not interested.
bleeped up sharia state.
i can't even imagine how the service year will be very boring in that type of state.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Eesha66: 11:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
FLYFIRE:
Kano....the DIRTIEST city in Nigeria
Lies

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by twistyboy(m): 11:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
my friend shut up I am a serving corp member in Kano state precisely the ones that would be passing out next week Friday......kano is bleeped I repeat is bleeped,when posted der run 4 your dear life especially girls......you would be out from civilization....

thank you

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Holykiss4kind(m): 11:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
I want to serve in kano.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by amokeme(f): 11:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
Curiouscat:
Sorry.... This might not follow the discussion here. But since you guys are about Kano, I will like to know of any Eatery/Restaurant offering deliver service withing Kano metropolis. A suggestion will be appreciated.
I don't think there are any that offer such service. But there is a delivery outlet that handles pick ups and delivery in kano (I think they are the only one sef) "EMO delivery" iv used them a couple of times.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by bellenornor(f): 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2017
Na Kaduna we dey
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2017
its been a while i visited kano last,the civilized parts of kano are fewer but the ghettos are too many
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Keneeby(m): 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
Akwa ibom is peaceful, warm weather, serene environment and more jobs and business opportunities.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by phreakabit(m): 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
So that you can live fast die young. . almajiris will help you do it well.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
destinysaid:
sharia law isn't just laws, its a guideline on how to live a good Muslim life, it is derived first directly from the Quran and other Islamic teachings

Now if I should be caught at night discussing with a female friend what would happen to me,
Or I refuse to acknowledge Allah as the one true God,
U forget that while ppl like u n I might not take religious issues too hard, the average almajiri will not hear me for a second before I'm sliced down or dragged to be stoned.

What if I want to preach the gospel? Or HV u forgotten the Christian woman killed in cold blood in Abj?

The idea that sharia law is scary is due to the fluid nature of it, its not some laid down rule, therefore it can be used as a cover for illicit acts.
Not only moral. Conduct is addressed in sharia law

Kindly hold on to this belief and the ignorant psychological prison you have built for yourself; because you are exactly the type that we want to stay away and not come over and bring your toxic bigotry to our state.

Pls advise as many ppl like you not to come because we don't want them here, thank you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by horexy(f): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2017
OP, stop misleading pple with ur despicable lies. I wonder if u ar being paid to do this. I remember u created one thread on Kano some time ago. I will be passing out nxt week from Kano and I can categorically say Kano is not as hyped as u painted it.

Let pple choose Kano IF they want to...stop shouting 'Kano is ds, Kano is dt' upandan.

angry

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by REUBEN010(m): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2017
Jiang:

Stop hyping unnecessary issues, unless you provoke die-hard religious fanatics, Nobody will care when you talk to a female, preach ur gospel near ur church, not pee near Islamic schools etc. JUST BEHAVE LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING. HAUSAS DONT CARE WETHER YOU ARE QN IDOL WORSHIPPER AS LONG AS YOU DON'T PROVOKE THEM

Last I checked, we all have equal opportunity to live. What justification will prompt a "die-hard religious fanatic" take the life of another just under the pretence of provocation. Are there some lives more equal than others? With the emboldened excuse above, the fanatics are given justifications to go out there and continue with the murders on any slight provocation.

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Bnbass: 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
Boss! Mrphysics!! I would like to chat with u privately..... This is ma mail.... Generalsparkles94@gmail.com.

Thanks for the info and God bless!
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by aminupeople: 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
FLYFIRE:
Kano is still
in inugu to c this noooooo

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by aminupeople: 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
FLYFIRE:
Kano is still
in inugu to c this noooooo

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Almaiga: 11:16pm On Mar 31, 2017
pazienza:
The
truth is that, Kano is more developed than Akwa
Ibom ( I have been to this state severally), Enugu,
and other states.

Please, next time, keep Enugu or any other part of Igboland out of your ramblings.

Kano is not more developed than Enugu.

Yes! It has more population,,but that's where it ends.
Thanks.
Eyah, sorry eehn

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by ekesunday(m): 11:19pm On Mar 31, 2017
Kano of all States?
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by deezage: 11:25pm On Mar 31, 2017
Of course op DAT d greatest state to serve

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Heeyhun(f): 11:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
bjhaid:
still serving dere?
Yes B16
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Misterdhee1(m): 11:32pm On Mar 31, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

The OP is painting an alluring picture of a welcoming and peaceful Kano

Yes its all fun and games until the Muslim fanatics instigated by the politicians shout "allah akbar" and cut off your head.

If you value your life steer clear of all northern states. Do your one year service in a peaceful state, get it over with, and get out of there.
Nigeria is too volatile to take blind risks because you want to take advantage of cheap cost of living.

A word is enough for the wise.
Can you please mention one single state in Nigeria that is peaceful in your own terms? Apart from this, how many cases of your supposed "head cutting" has taken place in Kano like you claimed? Let people who have experienced the place give reviews. Dont talk based on hearsay or 'i think'. It makes you look cheap.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by 1stdammy: 11:35pm On Mar 31, 2017
@OP, thanks. You've jst reassured me that I wouldn't regret chosing Kano and if eventualy I'am posted there, my case could be that of he who laugh last.............thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2017
mrphysics:

You nearly said it all. Still cut my hair N100, the same price I met it when I came. And these are stand barbing Saloon. Boreholes are everywhere. Kano is just the best for this recession. I thank God who didn't give me Akwa Ibom and Abuja that I was hoping for. My colleagues over there have been complaining. My classmate can't save money for calls. I always call him "poor Abuja Corper "

Why the bias for Akwa Ibom and Abuja? There's the good and bad side of everywhere, can't you promote your beloved Kano without dragging other states into it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
horexy:
OP, stop misleading pple with ur despicable lies. I wonder if u ar being paid to do this. I remember u created one thread on Kano some time ago. I will be passing out nxt week from Kano and I can categorically say Kano is not as hyped as u painted it.

Let pple choose Kano IF they want to...stop shouting 'Kano is ds, Kano is dt' upandan.

angry

I'm just concerned about why he's conspicuously dragging Abuja and Akwa Ibom along in his eldorado campaign.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Can you please mention one single state in Nigeria that is peaceful in your own terms? Apart from this, how many cases of your supposed "head cutting" has taken place in Kano like you claimed? Let people who have experienced the place give reviews. Dont talk based on hearsay or 'i think'. It makes you look cheap.

Excuse me sir.
I do not speak from hearsay.

I have lived and worked in Kano. I have stayed in Nassarawa GRA and Sabon Gari. I even had a government appointment after NYSC and was posted to Gwarzo.

The foreigners in Kano live in a state of siege.
The Ibo traders living in Sabon-gari sleep with one eye open.
They have armories where they store their weapons in preparation for the next crisis.

On friday the almajiris come out of nowhere and flood the city begging. Some people call them 'Kano choristers'.
God bless you if they decide to mob you

While it is true that there is violence everywhere in Nigeria, the violence in the North is unpredictable, sporadic and fueled by politics and religion.
People are killed for things they know nothing about and corpers are targets. Nobody will attack and kill you in Akwa-Ibom because somebody in a market somewhere insulted Jesus Christ.

If you are looking for examples of unprovoked Kano violence then you are certainly not a citizen of Nigeria or you have been hiding under a rock for a long while. A simple google search will reveal incidents of violence in Kano against settlers dating back to 1922.

You northerners (which I assume you to be) are so wearying. undecided angry

24 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Raypawer(m): 11:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
Which part of Akwa Ibom did you say there is no light?

mrphysics:

Trust me, home lessons is needed most in Kano than in Akwa Ibom. The cost of things over there is another thing. plus no light
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by samolas: 11:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
that is exactly how it is. I am serving in Kano and I am not regretting it. to me, Kano is the best state to serve in Nigeria. Gaskia

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Curiouscat: 11:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
Thanks for your swift response. The "EMO delivery ", can I get their contact? Maybe they can be of help in a way. Thanks once again.
amokeme:

I don't think there are any that offer such service. But there is a delivery outlet that handles pick ups and delivery in kano (I think they are the only one sef) "EMO delivery" iv used them a couple of times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

2 Ebonyi Corpers To Wed, Pre-wedding Photos Released / NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading / FG Increases NYSC Allowance To N49,800 - APC Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.