Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Disappearance Of Diesel From Overhead Tank After Supply - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Disappearance Of Diesel From Overhead Tank After Supply (443 Views)

Video Of A Thief That Couldn Remove His Hand From The Tank After Stealing Fuel / 'Disappearance’ Of Michael Adikwu And Kayode Opadokun: Offa Bank Robbers / "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disappearance Of Diesel From Overhead Tank After Supply by potent5(m): 4:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
We have a hotel somewhere in IKEJA and we buy Diesel in large quantities. About 6 six months ago we bought about 2,000 litres. Curiously, in less than 24 hours we discovered that about 600 litres was missing from the overhead tank.
We did checks and there was nothing to suggest that the generating plant consumed the entire 600 litres and there was no sign of stealing or anything like that. The quantity of Diesel supplied was checked at the time of supply by the security men and confirmed by one of our managers.

We eventually carried out an investigation and put it down to carelessness on the parts of the security man and the manager who were supposed to ensure that the quantity demanded was the quantity supplied. They were reprimanded and things continued as normal until yesterday.
Few days ago We bought 3,000 litres which was supplied and confirmed. Curiously, we discovered yesterday that about 900 litres of Diesel was missing from the tank even though the 3,000 litres supplied was confirmed just about 3 days earlier and we know the approximate quantity of Diesel we use NEPA or no NEPA.

My question is this: Can large quantities of Diesel just disappear from an overhead tank or is there something suppliers do to make the Diesel appear more than the actual quantity?
Note that We confirmed that we had 3,000 litres of Diesel by two of our workers whom we do not think can collude to deceive the hotel.
Re: Disappearance Of Diesel From Overhead Tank After Supply by babniyen(m): 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
Is it the same supplier...
Re: Disappearance Of Diesel From Overhead Tank After Supply by Freewoman(f): 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
Mount Security by the tank area in the night, or install surveillance camera to monitor movement around the storage area. Somebody is taking advantage of your porousness to steal the diesel. ensure you check the diesel morning and night and giver records
Re: Disappearance Of Diesel From Overhead Tank After Supply by potent5(m): 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
babniyen:
Is it the same supplier...
No. We have been getting from another supplier.
Re: Disappearance Of Diesel From Overhead Tank After Supply by potent5(m): 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
Freewoman:
Mount Security by the tank area in the night, or install surveillance camera to monitor movement around the storage area. Somebody is taking advantage of your porousness to steal the diesel. ensure you check the diesel morning and night and giver records
Thanks.
Any more insight, house?
Re: Disappearance Of Diesel From Overhead Tank After Supply by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2017
Have u checked for leakage? or is there any possible opening in the tank?as we all know diesel and fuel tend to evaporate, especially when there is an opening. Also ur gateman should be well scrutinized. Few weeks ago my boss's gate man was sacked, when he was caught selling fuel and diesel to who ever cares to buy.
Re: Disappearance Of Diesel From Overhead Tank After Supply by potent5(m): 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
We are going to look into the movement of the gatemen as suggested because I've been asking myself how 900 liters of diesel will just disappear in 2 days.
There is no leakage otherwise we'd have had frequent cases like this one. But it's only twice that we've recorded the incident.
Re: Disappearance Of Diesel From Overhead Tank After Supply by jaxmand: 3:45am On Apr 01, 2017
Bro believe me boys at work.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest 5 Suspects, Rescue Kidnapped Victim In Anambra / My Friend Bathed Me With Acid On My Birthday / Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo Visit 8-month-old Baby 'forcefully Slept With'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.