Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:58 PM

Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? (26629 Views)

3 Helpful Tips On How Low Income Earners Can Survive In Lagos / 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary / How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by able88(m): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hi Nlanders,
Please I need your opinion on this, " can someone earning as low as 40k survive in Abuja? owing to the fact that cost of living is high in Abuja.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by eezeribe(m): 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2017
It all depends on the individual... No need for long sermons.
Man,know thyself.

37 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by able88(m): 9:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
eezeribe:
Man,know thyself.
How do you mean by that, please elaborate

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Efukikata(m): 9:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
Yeah, you can survive with 40K even with lesser amount provided you basics like house rent paid, transport to work paid, feeding paid, nepa bill paid.

With 40k.. you can survive in ABJ or do you think people ain't earning less than 40K in Abj Like eezeribe earlier said. "Man, know thyself".

11 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by serverconnect(m): 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
Yes as a bachelor, but no if you have cocumbines.

6 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by CellTabRepairs: 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
Lol
Survival in life depends on you not on your pocket!

Click My Name & View That Resource You Should Buy To Earn Huge Cash Returns Very Quickly!

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by DrObum(m): 10:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
You actually think that everyone living in Abuja earns more than 40K

People earn less and still provide accommodation from that in this town.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by rattlesnake(m): 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2017
able88:
Hi Nlanders,
Please I need your opinion on this, " can someone earning as low as 40k survive in Abuja? owing to the fact that cost of living is high in Abuja.
40k what? cowries undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by deanoffaculty: 11:40pm On Mar 31, 2017
able88:
Hi Nlanders,
It all depends on how you plan to manage yourself. You can be earning as low as 40k in Abuja and be fine.

Accomodation: You can get cheaper ones around Galadimawa, Mpape, Nyayan, Jahi , Wuye, Kubwa, etc.

Transportation: Don't attempt to enter 'pick and drop' cabs porpularly know as 'drop'. There are ways you can enter 'along' or bus....depending on you area. Don't be too big to trek short distances.

Feeding: This can axe all your 40k in less than a week if you are not careful. Don't buy food @ eatries(at least for now). Go to market and get foodstuffs, so that you will not keep spending unnecessarily.

1759: If you like flexing, reduce it. Your salary for a whole can finish in one night. You can manage can beers/drink....for now. You are man, you should know better.
etc......etc.....etc....
If you can consider these things, the better for you. Some people are earning 25k/month and they are surviving....you won't even know until they tell you.
I wish you goodluck in all endeavours! Cheers!!
#allnapackaging #nothingdoyou

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by donkossy(m): 12:03am On Apr 01, 2017
In capital letters NO!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Euopal(m): 12:04am On Apr 01, 2017
donkossy:
In capital letters NO!!!
My dear everything is possible

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Euopal(m): 12:06am On Apr 01, 2017
Euopal:

My dear everything is possible

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Nobody: 5:00am On Apr 01, 2017
able88:
Hi Nlanders,

Yes you can: you'll need to be a bit more creative.

Major costs include where you'll live and how you'll get around town.

That amount may not get you any decent accommodation so you'll need to find a way to get shelter without paying much rent.

You may squat with family/friends. (Hey, nothing to be ashamed of; it's just a passing phase of your life).

Then again, depending on where you live, you need a sizeable budget for transportation. Again, swallow your pride and get all the free rides you can get.
You'll also need to "exercise" more by trekking more.

Yes, you will survive if you face things as they are. The problem usually comes when people on a N40k salary want to live like those on N5m salary.

It doesn't work that way, son

20 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by eleojo23: 6:12am On Apr 01, 2017
You can survive if you cut your coat according to your size.
The thing with Abuja is that those who earn little try to live like those who earn much in a bid to catch up.
There is a rat race in Abuja and only the wise know their level and take life at their own pace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by mcfynest(m): 7:36am On Apr 01, 2017
No
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by ganja06(m): 7:36am On Apr 01, 2017
Breakdown of how I am surviving
transport 6k i.e 300 x 20 days (I go to work 5 times in a week)
Feeding 18,600k i.e 600 x 31 days (I eat morning and night) you can
Accommodation 10k (I pay 120k for a year)
Total is about 35 k and I pay 2k for my health insurance
I drink occasionally.
You can only save if you cook your food and stay with squat with someone.

22 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Dottore: 7:37am On Apr 01, 2017
U better locate gwagwalada

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by veekid(m): 7:37am On Apr 01, 2017
No
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Mr2kay3: 7:37am On Apr 01, 2017
Depends on your way of living and how you decide to soend. But 40k is very little
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Donlamzy(m): 7:37am On Apr 01, 2017
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by ironheart(m): 7:38am On Apr 01, 2017
Yes you can, depends on where u decid to live, you can get single room for 25k at some of those villages along airport road. Transport to area1 is N100, food stuff is cheap in those villages. Trust me u can survive with 40k

Opeyemi4real:
You can lie for Africa and Asia join! Sauka, Ako, Ido etc are all along airport road and it's never 100bucks. You can just say 'from Lugbe'. I live along airport road and I spend 250 x 2 to and from area 1 every day!

Someone here will live in Ado-Ekiti now and come here to advise Abuja residents! undecided

No christian here is even talking about TITHE undecided
if you pay 250, how much will someone from gwagwalada pay? Shows u don't know how to take rides in Abuja. Let me school you a little,

Gwagwalada to area1, apo bridge, wuse beggar 250

Giri area1 150

Anything after kuje bridge area1 100 or 150 depending on negotiation

Lugbe to area1 100

Nyanya area1 150 or 100 depending on type of bus n time of day

Zuba to area1 200 to 250 depends on time of day

So dont think everyone is as ignorant as you. Next time, kindly stop over paying, except you decided to give extra cash to help the ministry of the driver
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Flexherbal(m): 7:38am On Apr 01, 2017
eezeribe:
Man,know thyself.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by oseka101(m): 7:38am On Apr 01, 2017
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by igwegeorgiano(m): 7:38am On Apr 01, 2017
able88:
Hi Nlanders,
if you are staying at outskirt of town. you can manage but ensure your workplace falls within the same axis
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by uyplus(m): 7:39am On Apr 01, 2017
serverconnect:
Yes as a batchelor, but no if you have cocumbines.

BATCHELOR?? shocked shocked grin lipsrsealed

11 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by dreamwords: 7:39am On Apr 01, 2017
Yes
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by buchilino(m): 7:39am On Apr 01, 2017
able88:
Hi Nlanders,

BROS U CAN'T EVEN SURVIVE AT PLACES LIKE LOKOJA, ILORIN, ASABA ETC, LET ALONE ABJ.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 7:39am On Apr 01, 2017
yes, save it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by praisekeyzz(m): 7:40am On Apr 01, 2017
If sum1 can earn 10k n survive in lag, d psrn can survive anywhr in d world.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by justwise(m): 7:43am On Apr 01, 2017
able88:
Hi Nlanders,

Only if you are living rent-free else 40K will not get you through no matter where you stay in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Elnida: 7:44am On Apr 01, 2017
My son grin there are people that collect as low as 13k,15k yet survive against all odds. yes it's not easy but nothing is permanent. even permanent secretaries are not permanent. be prudent,avoid girls (well this part can be difficult cool) ,avoid panache and posh life. if you a single the better. with time you know the ropes and demands of your job and ways to make extra cash. wia pesin dey work,dia Im dey chop. and lastly if you have gotten married to Booze then your case don pass me. because U can't save when you continually soak yourself in alcohol. and again this will be difficult especially guys.because for MOST Girl this amount is more than enough,because guys are dia to clean dia dirty laundry literally. But if you can abstain from all the aforementioned, your 40k is safe. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by sleepyeyez(m): 7:44am On Apr 01, 2017
No. Come back to the village. We are waiting for you

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.