Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Price Of A Well Designed Gate - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Price Of A Well Designed Gate (8825 Views)

Well Designed 5bedroom Duplex For Sale In Ibadan / What Is The Current Retail Price Of Cement? / Price Of Land In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Price Of A Well Designed Gate by egin(m): 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2009
Does anyone have an idea of how much a well designed gate will cost?
Any suggestion will be appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Of A Well Designed Gate by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2009
[b]Getting a gate with good design shouldn't be above #80,000 (for double units, e.g: for front and back entrance, like in schools, companies etc)
#40,000 or #50,000 for single unit (i.e., just one entrance gate, for homes or banks).

But a "well designed" gate is entirely different from a "secured and lasting" gate.
With my deep experience in residential building, I suggest you go meet a welder and ask him how much you would pay if he's building you a gate with checkered plates. One checkered plate costs #13,000 and he would use about 20 sheets.
I am sorry to say, if you are using checkered plates, the welder would charge you up to #200,000. Thats the cost, so its smart if you just walk down to the welder on the roadside and buy an already made one. Those one are usually made from ordinary aluminiums and might last for 2 years before the rain damages it or your kids bring it down. #40,000 for a single unit. 70k or 80k for double. I didnt include the price of transportation, so dont forget that.
Checkered plates are the best materials used for gates, and they are made from flat hot rolled plate with raised checkered design to prevent rusting, and gates made from checkered plates last as long as 40 to 50 years. Some even outlive their owners.
[/b]

Re: Price Of A Well Designed Gate by egin(m): 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2009
Thanks for your response. Does the design determine the final cost and what will it cost for gates like the ones shown below using the checkered plates.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Contemporary Duplex Design For Nairalanders / Spanish property for sale / 4 Killed As Building Collapses In Imo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.