Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,554 members, 7,801,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

My Jollof Recipe - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Jollof Recipe (2026 Views)

Which Tribe Cooks The Best And Worst Jollof Rice In Nigeria / Igbo Or Yoruba Jollof Rice / Nigeria Concoction Native Jollof Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Jollof Recipe by ewa26: 2:14am On Apr 01, 2017
pls, can you guys check out my recipe of making nigerian jollof rice?

Ingredients:
green pepper
tin chop tomato
jasmine rice
crayfish
dawadwa
smoked and dry fish
corn or almond oil (sweeter aroma)
tomato ketchup (for that deep redness and sweet tomato flavour)
condiments: cinamon, d fresh thyme, paprika, oregano etc.

pour the rice (thai jasmine rice) into a pot and add water to four times the level. cook till the rice is done and water dries up.
you now blend green bell pepper with tin chopped tomato, and then separately crayfish and ogiri okpei. fry the mixture in corn oil before the dawadawa-crayfish mix. for protein i'm using dry mangala and smoked fish ok.
then add water, rice and a small portion of tomato ketchup (just enough to give the rice that deep red colour), paprika, oregano cinnamon and fresh thyme or warever else ure using. make the water just above the level of the rice. cook for 15-20 minutes. then put the fish and maybe more green pepper.
depending on what you normally eat jollof rice wit, u cud boil egg, make some dodo or eat with coleslaw/baked beans.
what do y'all think about the addition of ketchup? i think it adds to that red colour and deliciousness.
Re: My Jollof Recipe by ztanleechima(m): 2:30am On Apr 01, 2017
if you're lady. Please marry me?
Re: My Jollof Recipe by Probz(m): 6:23pm On Apr 01, 2017
I hope you're not married. If this is how you make jollof rice for your husband, wahala dey.

Oregano and okpei in the same pot? Ketchup? Tufiakwa.

2 Likes

Re: My Jollof Recipe by janefarms2015: 6:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
Probz:
I hope you're not married. If this is how you make jollof rice for your husband, wahala dey.

Paprika and ketchup for jollof rice? Are u married?

1 Like

Re: My Jollof Recipe by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
grin grin
op, did you actually cook this to eat?
Re: My Jollof Recipe by Probz(m): 12:36am On Apr 02, 2017
janefarms2015:

Paprika and ketchup for jollof rice? Are u married?
I think you're quoting the wrong nigga.
Re: My Jollof Recipe by Probz(m): 12:41am On Apr 02, 2017
Joavid:
grin grin

op, did you actually cook this to eat?
The OP's blatantly trolling us. A 16-year-old boy could make better concoction rice than the mushy nonsense the OP posted.
Re: My Jollof Recipe by janefarms2015: 11:43am On Apr 03, 2017
Probz:
I think you're quoting the wrong nigga.

Apology, that concoction wey d OP typed dey scatter my head, ladies of nowadays, na God go save dem
Re: My Jollof Recipe by ewa26: 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2017
guys just shut up! who r u to ask about my personal life and if I a married woman! Who even told you I'm a woman sef

can any of you guys make Better jollof then. I bet half of you no fit boil water for indomie, that's u u jealous and like to criticise other people efforts!
Re: My Jollof Recipe by ewa26: 11:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
Probz:

nonsense pesin! Tell me how u cook your own concoction then!
Re: My Jollof Recipe by ewa26: 11:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
janefarms2015:

Apology, that concoction wey d OP typed dey scatter my head, ladies of nowadays, na God go save dem
oya, come and tell me how you cook your own
Re: My Jollof Recipe by Probz(m): 1:27am On Apr 05, 2017
Ignore (see below).
Re: My Jollof Recipe by Probz(m): 1:27am On Apr 05, 2017
Ignore (duplicate post).
Re: My Jollof Recipe by Probz(m): 1:28am On Apr 05, 2017
ewa26:
guys just shut up! who r u to ask about my personal life and if I a married woman! Who even told you I'm a woman sef

can any of you guys make Better jollof then. I bet half of you no fit boil water for indomie, that's u u jealous and like to criticise other people efforts!

Right.

(1) (Reply)

9 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An ‘ijesha’ Lady / Yoruba Girls Are Clean / Let's Talk About The People Of Mbube (ogoja)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.