Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Who Sang The "do For Love" Hook By Tupac? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Sang The "do For Love" Hook By Tupac? (6021 Views)

17 Amazing Quotes By Tupac Shakur About Moving On In Life / Have You Listened To "loyal To The Game" By Tupac / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Sang The "do For Love" Hook By Tupac? by mystikal(m): 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2009
I'm stuck on this one. Thanks!
Re: Who Sang The "do For Love" Hook By Tupac? by tundewoods(m): 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2009
Tupac Shakur featured Eric Williams Of Blackstreet on the "Do for Love " Track
Re: Who Sang The "do For Love" Hook By Tupac? by rapjunkie(m): 4:33pm On Dec 25, 2009
"Do for Love" (Originally titled 'Sucka 4 Luv' in its unreleased form) was the second posthumously released single by Tupac Shakur from his first posthumous album R U Still Down? (Remember Me). [b]The vocal sample is from "What You Won't Do for Love" by Bobby Caldwell [/b]but the song actually rechopped J Dilla's production on a remix of the The Pharcyde's track Y?, and his name was omitted from the production credits. It charted at #21 on the Billboard Hot 100. The video contained Tupac as a clay figure and a cartoon figure; this song also uses a quote from Sir Walter Scott ("O, what a tangled web we weave"wink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_for_Love
Re: Who Sang The "do For Love" Hook By Tupac? by tundewoods(m): 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2009
rapjunkie:

"Do for Love" (Originally titled 'Sucka 4 Luv' in its unreleased form) was the second posthumously released single by Tupac Shakur from his first posthumous album R U Still Down? (Remember Me). [b]The vocal sample is from "What You Won't Do for Love" by Bobby Caldwell [/b]but the song actually rechopped J Dilla's production on a remix of the The Pharcyde's track Y?, and his name was omitted from the production credits. It charted at #21 on the Billboard Hot 100. The video contained Tupac as a clay figure and a cartoon figure; this song also uses a quote from Sir Walter Scott ("O, what a tangled web we weave"wink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_for_Love

I now agree that indeed Wikipedia does gets its facts wrong sometimes.

That was the vocal of Eric Williams of Blackstreet used for the hook,undeniable and unmistakable. Agreed that Bobby Caldwell was the original performer of the song What You Won't Do for Love.

By the way 1998 was a good year for hiphop music grin

1 Like

Re: Who Sang The "do For Love" Hook By Tupac? by mystikal(m): 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2010
tundewoods:

I now agree that indeed Wikipedia does gets its facts wrong sometimes. 

That was the vocal of  Eric Williams of Blackstreet used for the hook,undeniable and unmistakable. Agreed that Bobby Caldwell was the original performer of the song What You Won't Do for Love.

By the way 1998 was a good year for hiphop music  grin

Yeah. It was a great year for Music in general. at least 4 me
Re: Who Sang The "do For Love" Hook By Tupac? by bologzy(m): 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2010
So now is it Eric William or Bobby Caldwell?

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Songs / Download New Track By YBNL Princess "JABOLE" - Music By Temmie Ovwasa Of Ybnl / Breaking News: Terry G In Terrible Car Crash!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.