Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

#JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model (25175 Views)

#worstcustomerserviceinnigeria @jumianigeria Vs @dstvng / Any One With Idea Of A Reliable Delivery Companys / Are You Depressed With Heavy RETURNS Due To Courier Palava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

#JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by donnie(m): 11:03am On Apr 01, 2017
The sad incidence of the death of a JUMIA delivery man who was murdered on duty has led many to think of safer methods and systems which courier companys can adopt.

A friend attempted to do so yesterday...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by edewojames(m): 1:07pm On Apr 01, 2017
It's time to look at the possibility of using drones in Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Bobomilk: 1:10pm On Apr 01, 2017
rip
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by donnie(m): 1:11pm On Apr 01, 2017
edewojames:

Drones to follow each delivery man?

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by edewojames(m): 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2017
donnie:

Not really. I am talking about cargo drones here. They are small drones that will help deliver goods to a particular destination.

21 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by donnie(m): 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2017
edewojames:

Not really. I am talking about cargo drones here. They are small drones that will help deliver goods to a particular destination.

Oowk yeah... provided boyz dont shoot them down. grin

110 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by edewojames(m): 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
donnie:

Yeah, that's true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by ceaser: 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2017
donnie:

donnie:

Lol @ shoot 'em down. Unfortunately and as good as that idea sounds, everything good that kicks off in the country always gets abused at some point along the line. How will this country move forward with that kinda mindset and value systems from a larger percentage of it's population?

Some useless guys go still rob drone grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by donnie(m): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
ceaser:

Lol @ shoot 'em down. Unfortunately and as good as that idea sounds, everything good that kicks off in the country always gets abused at some point along the line. How will this country move forward with that kinda mindset and value systems from a larger percentage of it's population?

Some useless guys go still rob drone grin

cheesy

It is well with Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by naijacutee(f): 4:10am On Apr 02, 2017
Excellent mentality. I love the fact that people are not just complaining, but thinking of solutions.

I second the idea of having public places as designated collection centres.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Tazdroid(m): 7:41am On Apr 02, 2017
Good point. Open places, less problems. It's a risk those couriers face every time they deliver in a strange area

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by MVLOX(m): 7:41am On Apr 02, 2017
As a jumia sales consultant I always recommend the pick up station for my customers

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 02, 2017
donnie:

I tire

3 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Tazdroid(m): 7:44am On Apr 02, 2017
naijacutee:
Excellent mentality. I love the fact that people are not just complaining, but thinking of solutions.

I second the idea of having public places as designated collection centres.
good point. The first time I've seen a "reaction" that's actually a "suggestion for a solution"

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Tazdroid(m): 7:45am On Apr 02, 2017
edewojames:
we may get there soon but that would require a station for monitoring the drones and when NEPA take light, wahala go dey

7 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 02, 2017
I just ordered from Konga and I gave my office address.I believe the meeting point should be a neutral place like nearest public outlet like shoprite,office,eatery etc. It's safer for both parties. Who knows when this konga or olx or Jiji people are impersonated. Things happen

6 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by chronique(m): 7:46am On Apr 02, 2017
The moment you start tweaking the payment on delivery method to the extent that the buyer would leave his or her house to go collect the item somewhere else, the service becomes defeated sort of. I really don't know why everything that is being introduced to make life easier for us, gets abused in naija. Sometimes, I feel this country is a cursed land. I think for a start, delivery men should be warned not to enter into people's houses. Anyone who orders an item, should be able to come out of the house to the gate where passersby would be able to see them.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by tetula123(m): 7:47am On Apr 02, 2017
nice one.. but u never know Niger them go find way run the street if they want to..

we only good at innovating negativity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by ojobabafemi(m): 7:47am On Apr 02, 2017
Every town and city should have their own pick up centres that you'll pay to their cashier on the spot or you come with bank tellers.

4 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Tazdroid(m): 7:47am On Apr 02, 2017
donnie:

grin it would be a night delivery when boys have hibernated

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by dacza: 7:48am On Apr 02, 2017
edewojames:

boyz will be hunting drones like they be hunting birds

Some with catapults grin

7 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by sakalisis(m): 7:53am On Apr 02, 2017
Good
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by buchilino(m): 7:53am On Apr 02, 2017
MVLOX:
As a jumia sales consultant I always recommend the pick up station for my customers

RECENTLY, Y IS JUMIA REQUESTING 4 ATM DETAILS B4 ONE COMPLETES A REQUEST. AM SOMEONE WHO DON'T LIKE PUTTING MY ATM DETAILS ONLINE. I PREFER GOING TO DER CENTER, PAY N PICK UP MY GOODS. BUT LATELY, IT'S LIKE DEY HAVE REMOVED DAT OPTION.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by dokunbam(m): 7:54am On Apr 02, 2017
donnie:

They will still kidnap or arrest the drone

The best option is to cap the POD. so any amount from 20k should pay before delivery

2 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nwachukwu1986(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2017
It is very wicked of men to order what u can't pay for. I buy things online well from jumia to konga to aliexpress. U deliver I pay period. I even like having my order at open place not my house

4 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by toyinjimoh(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2017
good ideas from wise Nigerians

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by ziccoit: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2017
All because of three idiots that couldn't stay out of crime. Only God know the kind of blood flowing in their veins.

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by SalamRushdie: 7:58am On Apr 02, 2017
Delivery men must never ever enter into a customers compound, house or office ...let all deliveries be concluded in the open streets

11 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by generaluthman: 7:58am On Apr 02, 2017
Nice 1
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by MVLOX(m): 8:00am On Apr 02, 2017
buchilino:

RECENTLY, Y IS JUMIA REQUESTING 4 ATM DETAILS B4 ONE COMPLETES A REQUEST. AM SOMEONE WHO DON'T LIKE PUTTING MY ATM DETAILS ONLINE. I PREFER GOING TO DER CENTER, PAY N PICK UP MY GOODS. BUT LATELY, IT'S LIKE DEY HAVE REMOVED DAT OPTION.

I noticed it too.... But its because of the volume of items that re left unpicked by customers...... More reason I would also suggest that items should be ordered only tru certified trained jumia sales reps or consultants
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by OKUCHI11(m): 8:00am On Apr 02, 2017
edewojames:

hmmmm I COMMEND U FOR THIS IDEA.....
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Cutie09(m): 8:03am On Apr 02, 2017
edewojames:

Drones I can't see that happening in the next 10 years reason is cause of internet services and also power supply don't know what others think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banking Customer Service: Which Bank Is The Most Customer-friendly Bank? / Ask Me About World Bank Grant It Real Come In Now / Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.