Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (62132 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by iyapony(m): 12:36am On Dec 26, 2009
wow, this is very shocking. he is now in us custody, and you better believe this man will never see the light of day again. i am sure he is in some underground prison receiving medical treatment as we speak. what an idiot.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 4Play(m): 12:36am On Dec 26, 2009
Who wants to bet that this story will turn out to be an exaggeration? He may have tried to light something but we will eventually find out he has nothing to do with Al-Qaeda.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by proudly9ja(m): 12:38am On Dec 26, 2009
The suspect had been in a law enforcement-intelligence database but was not on the government's no-fly list, according to a law enforcement official.

"The subject is claiming to have extremist affiliation and that the device was acquired in Yemen along with instructions as to when it should be used," a federal situational awareness bulletin stated.

Delta spokeswoman Susan Chana Elliott said that "as the plane was getting ready to land" in Detroit "a passenger caused a disturbance" by trying to ignite what was initially reported to be firecrackers.

The man was "subdued immediately," Elliott said. Northwest is a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta.

The suspect told authorities that he had explosive powder taped to his leg and used a syringe of chemicals to mix with the powder that was to cause explosion. This is of concert because it is a method of mixing that is consistent with terror techniques.

Northwest Airlines flight 253 landed safely in Detroit at 11:53 a.m. The man, who flew from Nigeria to Amsterdam and then Detroit, was taken into custody at the Detroit airport and was interviewed by authorities there. He was then taken to an area hospital to be treated for burns.

An in-flight emergency was declared when a fire indicator light when on in the cockpit, according to the Federal Aviation Administration. The pilot asked for airport rescue and firefighting services, and for law enforcement to meet the flight at gate, the TSA said.

It is unclear how powerful the explosive could have been and what the man's intentions were. Initial reports were that fireworks or firecrackers had gone off on the plane.

The man suffered second-degree burns, which is consistent with a small fireworks device, police sources said.

One of the passengers is being treated at the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, according to hospital spokeswoman Tracy Justice, who was not sure if it was the suspect or one of the other passengers.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 12:39am On Dec 26, 2009
I think so too, knwinh hw much nigerians like "banger" the guy wa sprolly overexcited about christmas- come to think of it, it is christmas- poor man. And people claim s.t.u.p.idi.ty is not a crime.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by proudly9ja(m): 12:42am On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

Okay, prepare for double airport harassment. grin

Me don resign myself jare, no be Naija?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 12:44am On Dec 26, 2009
Zap

I now have to start telling everyone I am from Ghana, or try and get a South African passport
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 1:08am On Dec 26, 2009
hausa people f.u.ck, they shouldnt allow them on planes  undecided, I knew it had to be those uneducated cattle-rearers, why the hell would the US embassy give an Hausa person a visa to board a plane- olodo oyinbo people
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 1:09am On Dec 26, 2009
wow
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:10am On Dec 26, 2009
WASHINGTON – U.S. officials say a Northwest Airlines passenger from Nigeria said he was acting on behalf of al-Qaida when he tried to blow up a flight Friday as it landed in Detroit.

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., identified the suspect as [size=16pt]Abdul Mudallad[/size], a Nigerian. King said the flight began in Nigeria and went through Amsterdam en route to Detroit.

One of the U.S. intelligence officials said the explosive device was a mix of powder and liquid. It failed when the passenger tried to detonate it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091225/ap_on_go_ot/us_airliner_disturbance
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:12am On Dec 26, 2009
Chei abuzola has finally gone off the deep end
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 1:13am On Dec 26, 2009
so the man is hausa?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:14am On Dec 26, 2009
ijeoma2619:

so the man is hausa?

Oya, Biafra now!  shocked grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 1:15am On Dec 26, 2009
yoruba muslims don't usually bear such a concentrated name those are the two culprits- hausa fulani or yoruba muslim-except of course if their are other significant groups of muslims in Nigeria, I am ignorant of.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 1:17am On Dec 26, 2009
ijeoma2619:

so the man is hausa?

He's not Hausa to the Americans, he's Nigerian.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 26, 2009
On Christmas day? angry
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:20am On Dec 26, 2009
eldee:

He's not Hausa to the Americans, he's Nigerian.

I don't have any name that sound like Abdusalam, so no harassment for me.  grin After all there was a Jamaican suicide bomber and he was succesful in the no.2 city of the west.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:21am On Dec 26, 2009
stillwater:

On Christmas day? angry

What better way to get back at Westerners?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 1:23am On Dec 26, 2009
How the hell is someone named Abdul mullad not strip searched from head to toe. Infact how was someone with such a thick muslim name allowed on a plane-

I have always been a big proponent of significant harassment searches especially for those with such thick names. I dont care if other people feel bad, you only get to live once.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 1:24am On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

I don't have any name that sound like Abdusalam, so no harassment for me.  grin After all there was a Jamaican suicide bomber and he was succesful in the no.2 city of the west.

You have the same colour on your passports.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by grafikdon: 1:25am On Dec 26, 2009
This is very disconcerting. . .
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:26am On Dec 26, 2009
eldee:

You have the same colour on your passports.

Are you sure? grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:26am On Dec 26, 2009
grafikdon:

This is disturbing. . .

Extremely!!
Ndi a g'egbu nmadu
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:27am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

Ndi a g'egbu nmadu

That's the whole point. . . . .
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:28am On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

That's the whole point. . . . .

lol
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by grafikdon: 1:30am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

Extremely!!
Ndi a g'egbu nmadu

It is bad enough that people hold tight to their credit, debit cards and wallets whenever they hear "Nigeria" or "Nigerian". . . now this?  undecided cry

" Nke a bukwa dimpka ino be ya, nopia mkpuru amu"  undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

What better way to get back at Westerners?

It won't surprise me if Bin Laden resides in Nigeria. angry
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:32am On Dec 26, 2009
grafikdon:

It is bad enough that people hold tight to their credit, debit cards and wallets whenever they hear "Nigeria" or "Nigerian". . . now this?  undecided cry

" Nke a bukwa mmadu ino be ya nopia mkpuru amu"  undecided undecided

O so so mkpuru amu ?
I hope their names will distinguish them from some of us without exploding tendencies
let them nyochaa all the Mohammeds and Abdusalams and leave Ikechukwu nwanne m alone
Onye obula biko zaa kwa aha nna ya
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:32am On Dec 26, 2009
What was all that talk about Northern Muslims not having the guts to carry a suicide bomb?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by grafikdon: 1:33am On Dec 26, 2009
This is going to be open season for the Nigerian bashers. We just can't help supplying them with the ammo to shoot us down.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:34am On Dec 26, 2009
stillwater:

Definitely possible.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 1:34am On Dec 26, 2009
stillwater:

Hey chill b . . . before the CIA attacks Nigeria like they did Iraq citing information from 'sources' grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:35am On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

What was all that talk about Northern Muslims not having the guts to carry a suicide bomb?

I heard that and I told the person it was just a matter of time
Nigerian  Muslims esp the northereners are just as violent as their counterparts in the rest of the world
No be the same kaaba them dey circle?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply)

New York Times Mocks President Buhari's Re-election Bid (photos) / Nationwide Curfew Now 10pm To 4am – FG / Onyemaechi Mprakpor Slapped By An Aide To Ezenwa-Ekpendu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.