Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (62134 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 1:56am On Dec 26, 2009
Aiite, it's time for our President to do a little damage control.
He needs to come out and promise head-on co-operation with the US in the war against terror.

All the diplomatic bullcrap we get from Presidents needs to come out now.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by bettes(f): 1:58am On Dec 26, 2009
If he's really Nigerian, then its a shame because he's just destroyed our already tarnished image.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 1:59am On Dec 26, 2009
You're ashamed of Nigeria because you are dumb.

Whatever man, relax, I am dont care about your opinions anyways- I am not in your social or intellectual class, you only have the opportunity to talk to me because we are online. Savor this opportunity but don't abuse it.

@topic
Abdulmutallab is a hausa fulani name, infact I have confirmed that he is a mechanical engineering student at UCL
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:59am On Dec 26, 2009
eldee:

Aiite, it's time for our President to do a little damage control.
He needs to come out and promise head-on co-operation with the US in the war against terror.

All the diplomatic bullcrap we get from Presidents needs to come out now.

The president that they said is drinking akamu through a feeding tube
Please stop laughing at us
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by obi123: 1:59am On Dec 26, 2009
well CNN has just announced that the fool is infact a Nigerian national. Like we dont have enof trouble eh?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 1:59am On Dec 26, 2009
oh god you guys should watch CNN ohh they have started!  soon they will say nigeria has connection with al queda.  this foolish, stupid, man.  nigeria is now synonymous to terrorism and subsequently the ostracizing begins
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 26, 2009
I wonder if Americans feel ashamed of the numerous Afghan children they killed last month, even as their president was receiving the Nobel Peace prize.

Naaah.

But a Nigerian is supposed to be ''ashamed'' of Nigeria the minute one of her nationals is mentioned on western news as a possible terrorist?

You folks need to stop thinking like slaves.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ayinba1(f): 2:00am On Dec 26, 2009
Please let us use those things encased in our skulls called brains. No one sells a one way ticket to you from NIGERIA, if you are NIGERian unless you have a green card OR  a US citizenship.

And for those of you who are fast to say it is the Northern muslim, the fact is you are the ones that know that. If Nigeria becomes a place to attack today, it will not be an exclusive Northern tragedy.

Please think b4 u post.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 2:00am On Dec 26, 2009
Infact I can't find any other muslims who bear the name abdulmutallab except katsina muslims

www.ucl.ac.uk/~uczxmtk/UGM0702.doc

you can find the culprits name here, one of our northern brothers at work angry
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 2:03am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

The president that they said is drinking akamu through a feeding tube
Please stop laughing at us

Chei, that's skipped my mind with this terrorist thing cheesy cheesy

Having the Vice President coming out to send this message might make it appear like we don't really care.
Nigeria is too large to have an inactive President.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 2:03am On Dec 26, 2009
ayinba1:

Please let us use those things encased in our skulls called brains. No one sells a one way ticket to you from NIGERIA, if you are NIGERian unless you have a green card OR  a US citizenship.

And for those of you who are fast to say it is the Northern muslim, the fact is you are the ones that know that. If Nigeria becomes a place to attack today, it will not be an exclusive Northern tragedy.

Please think b4 u post.

News media calls him a Nigerian national
who is a national of a country?
Tune to CNN and listen to it yourself
He is obviously Muslim with alqueida affiliations so what exactly is your point?
Does have a US passport or green card erase his Nigerianess or you want the focus to shift to his ticket?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Honda29: 2:05am On Dec 26, 2009
What about the news?  Is USA not a terrorist state? A state that bomb children and women in the name of looking for imaginary terrorist have lost the moral standing to complain about so called terrorist.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Megadeals: 2:05am On Dec 26, 2009
A Nigerian?? This one na real yawa o shocked Maybe he was carrying a fake Nigerian passport.
Nigerians like to make money, not blow themselves up!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 2:06am On Dec 26, 2009
ROSSIKE:

I wonder if Americans feel ashamed of the numerous Afghan children they killed last month, even as their president was receiving the Nobel Peace prize.

Naaah.

But a Nigerian is supposed to be ''ashamed'' of Nigeria when one of her nationals is mentioned on western news as a possible terrorist?

You folks need to stop thinking like slaves.

We're talking realism here, whether its right or wrong, Nigerian may be pressured to feel guilty, and not in a way you can ignore. . . . .
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 2:06am On Dec 26, 2009
he is probably british- they should stop calling him a nigerian national and a british national
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by skylooh(m): 2:06am On Dec 26, 2009
hmmmmmmm this is serious oh ! shocked  grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 2:07am On Dec 26, 2009
For those who missed it.

Nigerian man with 'links to al-Qaeda' arrested over US airliner bomb plot

The FBI was last night investigating a suspected Christmas Day attempt to blow up a transatlantic flight after an apparent explosion on board a passenger jet from Amsterdam to Detroit.

A Nigerian man, reported to be claiming links to al-Qaeda, was taken into custody with burns after allegedly trying to detonate explosives on Northwest Flight 253.

A federal “situational awareness” bulletin said: “The subject is claiming to have extremist affiliation and that the device was acquired in Yemen along with instructions as to when it should be used.”

President Obama was notifed of the apparent attack while on holiday in Hawaii and received updates throughout the day. He ordered airline security to be tightened, particularly for in-bound flights to the United States.

The suspect was identified as Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, described in US federal documents as an engineering student at University College London.

He was reportedly on a US intelligence “watch-list” but not on the US Government’s no-fly list.

He began his journey in Nigeria on board KLM Flight 588 and made a connection in Amsterdam on to Northwest 253. According to ABC News his visa stated that he was travelling to the US for a religious ceremony.

Initial reports were that the suspect had lit firecrackers on board the Airbus 330, which was carrying 278 passengers.

However, a senior US counter-terrorism official said later that the man had actually been planning to blow up the aircraft but the explosive device had failed.

The aircraft was forced to make an emergency landing shortly before noon when a smoke detector alarm went off. Delta Airlines, which owns Northwest, said that a passenger caused a commotion as the flight was getting ready to land in Detroit. The man was subdued immediately, it said.

According to ABC News, the suspect told authorities that he had explosive powder taped to his leg and used a syringe of chemicals to detonate the powder.

Syed Jafry, of Holland, Michigan, told the Detroit News that he was sitting in the 16th row when he heard “a pop and saw some smoke and fire”. Mr Jafry said that people ran out of their seats to tackle the suspect.

Dawn Griffith, from Pontiac, Michigan, who was waiting to meet a passenger, told the newspaper that she saw a “young looking” man being taken from the airport handcuffed to a stretcher with his hands bandaged.

The Nigerian suspect suffered second-degree burns and was being treated at the University of Michigan Medical Centre, where authorities were questioning him. On landing, the Northwest flight was directed to an isolated part of the Detroit airport as police and firemen responded.

Passengers were interviewed by investigators as police wearing anti-bomb gear boarded the aircraft.

The White House last night described the incident as terrorism-related. “We believe this was an attempted act of terrorism,” a White House official said.

The apparent attack was reminiscent of the failed effort by Richard Reid, the British “shoe-bomber”, to blow up an American Airlines flight from Paris to Miami just before Christmas 2001 with explosives hidden in his shoe.

Passengers on that flight complained of smelling smoke. Reid was found to be trying to light a match, and was subdued by passengers so that the aircraft could land safely in Boston.

Reid pleaded guilty to terrorism charges and is now servicing a life sentence at the Super-Max jail in Colorado.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by grafikdon: 2:07am On Dec 26, 2009
@ ROSSIKE, it is easy to call people dumb because they expressed disgust over the deplorable acts of their country men, but what some of us do not understand is that most these people have experienced and endured the most excruciating embarrassment, harassment and inflammation in the hands of those who can not grasp that a man is not supposed to bear the consequences of another man's transgressions.

Unfortunately, that is the way the cookie crumbles. It is not a very pretty picture but most of us have made peace with that painful and unfortunate concept. We may not wear the green white or paint our shoes/hats/faces/clothes etc with the same color, but we are quick to reveal our nationality to those who care to know. People have different ways of dealing with the situation, you simply have to chose your poison and let others do same.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by agabaI23(m): 2:07am On Dec 26, 2009
I just came back and turned on my tv and I was greeted by this news.

Whatever he was trying to ignite, it does not help our already battered reputation.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 2:07am On Dec 26, 2009
This had better not be a Yoruba Muslim
That's the only thing that'll scare me more than I'm already
Please let it be the usual almajiris up north
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 2:08am On Dec 26, 2009
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by lctewand(f): 2:08am On Dec 26, 2009
Nigeria is gradually becoming a failed state and US should shift priority from economic and commercial interests to good governnance and security.
Nigeria as a failed state will become a global menace. I will not be surprised if those security screening devices given to Nigeria were sold in the black market.

here what afellow Nigerian pasted on cnn,
this is sad,

even if hes actually not from Nigeria as sm pple are  shouting, we are already declared as a failed state worldwide,
i dont get what every1 is shoutin about now,

better start getting ready 2 spend 72 hours in jfk or whateva American airport u might land in
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 2:09am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

It's probably not, the same Yoruba muslim's with Christmas trees in their house?  grin Plus Yoruba muslims always get a Yoruba name.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 2:09am On Dec 26, 2009
lctewand:

Nigeria is gradually becoming a failed state

I'm glad you have such hope by using 'gradually'. grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijawgirl: 2:10am On Dec 26, 2009
ROSSIKE:

Ijaw girl wrote:

You're a complete, dumb cretin.

Why not naturalize to another country if u haven't already, and disown your Nigerian family and friends as well?

Brain dead mongoose.

oh pls shut up, fool!
anyways I dont even care what you think

what should I be proud of?
useless country!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ayinba1(f): 2:10am On Dec 26, 2009
@osisi,

my post was not directed at you.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 26, 2009
And Ictewand is a failed human being.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 2:11am On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6968218.ece News has reached UK

It's on BBC . . . they're less riled up bout this so I'm thinking he's prolly got a red passport.

0hsisi:

Please let it be the usual almajiris up north

It has nothing to do with where he's from.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Robotnik: 2:11am On Dec 26, 2009
CNN’s War on Terror Expert Peter Bergen also told CNN that Nigeria had one of the least airport security measures and the suspect may not actually be a Nigerian but some one who may have used Nigeria’s Lagos airport to bypass security measures and fly to Amsterdam on way to Detroit.

http://despardes.com/?p=11515
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 2:11am On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

It's probably not, the same Yoruba muslim's with Christmas trees in their house?  grin Plus Yoruba muslims always get a Yoruba name.

That is the only thing allah can do for me about this news.
Let it be a northerner or I'm not stepping into Murtala until they upgrade Enugu airport
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 26, 2009
Ijaw girl said:

oh pls shut up, naughty person!
anyways I dont even care what you think

what should I be proud of?
useless nation!

We're not more useless than you and your entire family. Surely you don't think you're made of different stuff from the rest of us, dumbo?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 2:13am On Dec 26, 2009
ayinba1:

@osisi,

my post was not directed at you.

This is a public forum
if you directed your post to an individual,send it privately

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply)

Nationwide Curfew Now 10pm To 4am – FG / Onyemaechi Mprakpor Slapped By An Aide To Ezenwa-Ekpendu / Atiku Wins Landslide In Anambra - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.