Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

"The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? (6652 Views)

Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / What Does The Bible Mean That , ‘the Fool Says In His Heart, ‘there Is No God”? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 11:28am On Apr 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
It is calling a spade a spade and without beating about the bush

Entertaining ludicrous thoughts, that, there's no ''power authority and influence'' (i.e. God), is flirting with foolery.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
Putting tomato in a fruit bowl or fruit salad, will make you an ignorant fool
Nothing personal, nothing to do with ad hominem,
but just a plain fact and an unadulterated truth

I disagree

I believe we would've learnt not to put it in fruit salad because someone else had put it in fruit salad and got bad result from it; the wisdom you're talking about therefore comes from trial and error

someone who therefore puts it in a fruit salad is not necessarily an "Ignorant fool", ignorant? yes, Fool? not necessarily because he might not have known better so calling such a person "Ignorant fool" when you haven't established if he/she had the required information about it before hand still borders on AD HOMINEM

Locked inside the echo chamber of a polarized mind

Consistent reasoning, thats why there is a corroborative chapter using the same type of thinking and witnessing another one

Living in denial without even knowing it

Matthew 5:22 is of a completely different context to Psalms 14:1?
God is exempt from Matthew 5:22 anyway
and when or if maybe, God is free and can certify, qualify or call atheists or anyone else for that matter fools

Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life
(i.e. for everything you do flows from it)
- Proverbs 4:23

The good man brings good things out of the good treasure of his heart,
and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil treasure of his heart.
For out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks

- Luke 6:45

Seeing Proverbs 4:23 and Luke 6:45 above, now you ought to less conceited and become wiser knowing that,
it's out of the abundance of the heart first, then processed in the brain or mind, before the mouth speaks

Not redundacy but reinforcing.
Psalm 53 is corroborating Psalm 14 and bearing witness to it

The premise and only criterion (i.e. not covering all cases or instances of atheists' lives or good deeds), to certify and qualify atheists as fools,
is the failure to accept and/or to admit the existence of the true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

Maybe in fantasy land, there will be different fallacies committed by just one verse.

The joke's on you

Edited with source
after you got caught with hand in the cookie jar & lips smeared with incriminating jam

Already done
- your wish was the command

Smugly complacent. SMH

the rest of your post is Gish gallop

1 Like

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by orisa37: 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
God made them so. To show The difference between God and no God, between Focus and Timelessness, between Wisdom and Foolishness, Knowledge and Stupidity, Understanding and Ignorance and above all Sanity and insanity. The Subject really is Focus and don't be. Atheists say " What the Bleep " and want others to say so after them. This is Anarchy, a Nation without Focus, Aim and Life but full of madness. In conclusion, Atheism is Madness.

1 Like

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by MuttleyLaff: 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I believe we would've learnt not to put it in fruit salad because someone else had put it in fruit salad and got bad result from it
SMH. You ought to have laid low and keep quiet for fear of showing your ignorance.
No, nothing about or to do with bad result,
but from the fact and truth that no wise thinking person puts tomato into a fruit bowl

hopefulLandlord:
the wisdom you're talking about therefore comes from trial and error
SMH, try trial and error crossing a highway of 14 lanes without using a pedestrian bridge, and lets see if this is wisdom or being foolish
The wisdom comes from wise thinking, information, and then good judgement

hopefulLandlord:
someone who therefore puts it in a fruit salad is not necessarily an "Ignorant fool", ignorant? Yes, Fool?
not necessarily because he might not have known better
so calling such a person "Ignorant fool" when you haven't established if he/she had the required information about it before hand still borders on AD HOMINEM
You can be as defensive as much as you like

No amount of sugar-coating the truth will diminish the reality & fact that being ignorant leads to unwise thinking
that ultimately ends with taking or making bad decisions
like determining to cross a highway of 14 lanes without using a pedestrian bridge, putting tomato into a fruit bowl,
or refusing to accept or acknowledge the existence of the true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

hopefulLandlord:
the rest of your post is Gish gallop
When a thing has been said, and said well, have no scruples. Take it, suck it up or copy it, like you did with your first uncredited post.

Gish gallop is exactly what you copied off another site and presented it here as if it was originally your idea.
You only went back to credit the source of the enough to make one feel sick foul smell of a post after being caught and called out by Strawman
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
SMH. You ought to have laid low and keep quiet for fear of showing your ignorance.
No, nothing about or to do with bad result,
but from the fact and truth that no wise thinking person puts tomato into a fruit bowl

I disagree, not adding tomatoes to fruit salad is learned and not something one is born with; same way you learnt many things in life either through stories, your experience or other people's experience

You claim otherwise, of course it depends on your definition of the word "Wisdom" so are you telling me that man is born with the innate knowledge not to put tomatoes in fruit salad? Are you telling me that the first person to ever tried this is a fool? I'm admitting the person's ignorance here but fool? That's far reaching

SMH, try trial and error crossing a highway of 14 lanes without using a pedestrian bridge, and lets see if this is wisdom or being foolish
The wisdom comes from wise thinking, information, and then good judgement

Do not use dirt in the mud here by sighting another example, stick with Tomatoes and fruit salad

Bridge is right there and you take it, that's because you were thought to use the bridge or saw people using it or are you saying man is born with knowledge of bridges? I hope I'm not strawmaning you here

again, this is totally different from "Tomatoes fruit salad"

my point here and I don't want you to miss it is that the first ever human to attempt putting tomatoes in a fruit salad was ignorant but definitely not a fool!

even I growing up have tried stupid sheets

you'll be surprised inventions that have been made by what seemed logically "stupid"

You can be as defensive as much as you like
No amount of sugar-coating the truth will diminish the reality & fact that being ignorant leads to unwise thinking
that ultimately ends with taking or making bad decisions
like determining to cross a highway of 14 lanes without using a pedestrian bridge, putting tomato into a fruit bowl,
or refusing to accept or acknowledge the existence of the true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

No, there's no evidence for this said "one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)"

anything that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence

When a thing has been said, and said well, have no scruples. Take it, suck it up or copy it, like you did with your first uncredited post.
Gish gallop is exactly what you copied off another site and presented it here as if it was originally your idea.
You only went back to credit the source of the enough to make one feel sick foul smell of a post after being caught and called out by Strawman

I like it when someone is very aggressive that it borders on anger, so you use passive aggressiveness to pass nonexistent points across

First off, what Strawman did has been done by Kingebukasblog on this same post!!, he infact was the one I was expecting to reply to the post cuz he googles every post I make and quickly posts the link to the source, it must be tiring for him cuz it seems a long time ago since he "caught" me and I wanted to give him something and see if he'll fall for it

Just search for that post and the second or third result would be Kingebukasblog so strawman did nothing groundbreaking, hence my calling him Kingebukasblog wannabe, here https://www.nairaland.com/3508590/psalmist-foolishness-talk#51755770

But you're free to believe anything you want, afterall what belief could be more stupid than believing a Jew died for your sins when the Jews themselves don't buy that?

I'm through with all these nonsense though, I would like to learn more about the tomatoes fruit salad thingy and that's what I'll reply to from now on

1 Like

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by enshy: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
lazsnaira:
ATHEISTS are not fools and they are NOT really doubting the existence of GOD! ...they are just curious cats who want to SEE GOD FACE TO FACE.
In Judgment they will indeed see Him face to face!

1 Like

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by lazsnaira(m): 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
enshy:

In Judgment they will indeed see Him face to face!
...i.e if they believe in hereafter.
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 1:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
lazsnaira:
...i.e if they believe in hereafter.
How do you get from the God who created the Universe to the one who is worried about the skin on the tip of my Dick?

1 Like

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by enshy: 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What does the Bible mean when it says, "The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God'"? Is atheism foolish? Are all atheists fools?
I see this as prophesy.
When I see the Folly of the atheists, I conclude the Bible must be true!
The atheists folly is therefore an evidence of the Truth of Scriptures.
Even the owner of nairaland, you will be surprised the way he exhibits his simplicity with pride...I wonder can an intelligent man also be in this category?
I only exclaim 'thy word is settled in Heaven forever'

3 Likes

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by luvmijeje(f): 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
A very big fool. In addition, the Bible also said, they are corrupt and have done abominable work and there's none who has done good.
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
luvmijeje:
A very big fool. In addition, the Bible also said, they are corrupt and have done abominable work and there's none who has done good.

hey, what's up?

what is "good"?
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by luvmijeje(f): 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

hey, what's up?

what is "good"?

I'm good jare. You?
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
luvmijeje:

I'm good jare. You?

fine,

in your earlier post you added that the bible said we can't do good

do you think this is valid? that anyone who says there is no god can't possibly do good?
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
luvmijeje:
And yet the Nigerian prison is filled with unfoolish ones grin
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by luvmijeje(f): 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

fine,

in your earlier post you added that the bible said we can't do good

do you think this is valid? that anyone who says there is no god can't possibly do good?

Stop misinterpreting the Bible. There is none who has done good means there's none who's obedience to God's words. There's none who's holy. There's none who's righteous.

So kindly rephrase your question.
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
For you not to quote outta context, you need the holy spirit (well I don't know if it's 70% alcohol or 90%).

HopefulLandlord has "quoted the bible out of context" - buahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin

Therefore needs the holy alcohol cheesy
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by luvmijeje(f): 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
adepeter26:

And yet the Nigerian prison is filled with unfoolish ones grin

Being called a Christian doesn't necessarily means you're truly a follower of Christ. How many times will I say it to you all? You're one of the people God is talking to in Isaiah 6:9
9 And He said, “Go, and tell this people who:
‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand;
Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2017
luvmijeje:

Being called a Christian doesn't necessarily means you're truly a follower of Christ. How many times will I say it to you all? You're one of the people God is talking to in Isaiah 6:9
9 And He said, “Go, and tell this people who:
‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand;
Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’
When i was a Christian, you won't quote this verse to me. But now that am out, the verse is for people like US abi shocked
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
erhm, it seems you've put yourself in a very tight corner here
luvmijeje:

Stop misinterpreting the Bible. There is none who has done good means there's none who's obedience to God's words. There's none who's holy. There's none who's righteous.

So kindly rephrase your question.

I'm not gonna rephrase

tell me, are Obatala worshippers obedient to God's words?
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by luvmijeje(f): 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
erhm, it seems you've put yourself in a very tight corner here

I'm not gonna rephrase

tell me, are Obatala worshippers obedient to God's words?

Of course not. And how did I put myself in a tight corner?
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
luvmijeje:

Of course not. And how did I put myself in a tight corner?

so that Bible verse is also referring to Obatala worshippers and Vishnu worshippers as fools?
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by luvmijeje(f): 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
adepeter26:

When i was a Christian, you won't quote this verse to me. But now that am out, the verse is for people like US abi shocked

Jesus also quoted the verse to the crowds that were following when he was on earth.
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by luvmijeje(f): 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

so that Bible verse is also referring to Obatala worshippers and Vishnu worshippers as fools?
Yesssss! Everyone who don't believe in the one and only God who sitted on a throne high and lifted up. Who made the heavens his home and the earth is footstool.
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by MuttleyLaff: 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I disagree, not adding tomatoes to fruit salad is learned and not something one is born with;
same way you learnt many things in life either through stories, your experience or other people's experience

You claim otherwise, of course it depends on your definition of the word "Wisdom"
so are you telling me that man is born with the innate knowledge not to put tomatoes in fruit salad?
Yes

hopefulLandlord:
Are you telling me that the first person to ever tried this is a fool?
Given you've accepted that the first person was ignorant, for trying to put tomato in a fruit bowl, are you unbiasedly now telling us, the person who did this is wise then?

hopefulLandlord:
I'm admitting the person's ignorance here but fool? That's far reaching
Ignorant and made a fool of self

hopefulLandlord:
Do not use dirt in the mud here by sighting another example, stick with Tomatoes and fruit salad
I dont muck-rake like you started off

hopefulLandlord:
Bridge is right there and you take it,
that's because you were thought to use the bridge
or saw people using it
or are you saying man is born with knowledge of bridges? I hope I'm not strawmaning you here

again, this is totally different from "Tomatoes fruit salad"
Totally related.
I know you've seen some people taught to use the bridge, but dont use the bridge
You've watched some people who have seen other people using the bridge, but still refuse to use the bridge
Now, are you saying man isnt born with intuition and self-preservation?
Even if there is no bridge in sight or available, it still doesnt diminish the fact and truth that crossing a 14 lanes highway is a foolish thing to do.

C'mon now, if a person throws caution to the wind, instinctively speaking and self-preservation will prevail
and let the person know that crossing a fast moving 14 lane highway without a pedestrian bridge is not wise thinking
but is suicidal, a wrong decision made out of foolish thinking and false sense of security

hopefulLandlord:
my point here and I don't want you to miss it is that the first ever human to attempt putting tomatoes in a fruit salad was ignorant but definitely not a fool!
Please indulge me,
and tell, what do you call a person who is ignorant and lacks good sense or judgment?

hopefulLandlord:
even I growing up have tried stupid sheets
Does owing up to doing foolish things help you feel better.
See, it's good and can be part of a healing experience

hopefulLandlord:
you'll be surprised inventions that have been made by what seemed logically "stupid"
Exactly, we all have done one foolish stroke stupid thing or the other

hopefulLandlord:
No, there's no evidence for this said "one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)"

anything that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
Just because you are yet to witness a fatality or experience a casualty crossing a high velocity fast moving 14 lanes motor expressway without using the bridge doesnt mean because there is no evidence
then it can be dismissed that it is dangerous to cross the high velocity fast moving motor vehicle motorway without using the bridge

hopefulLandlord:
I like it when someone is very aggressive that it borders on anger, so you use passive aggressiveness to pass nonexistent points across
Persuasion will do, but not aggression or forcefulness
I can lead you to water, but it's not in my remit to make you drink

hopefulLandlord:
First off, what Strawman did has been done by Kingebukasblog on this same post!!, he infact was the one I was expecting to reply to the post cuz he googles every post I make and quickly posts the link to the source, it must be tiring for him cuz it seems a long time ago since he "caught" me and I wanted to give him something and see if he'll fall for it

Just search for that post and the second or third result would be Kingebukasblog so strawman did nothing groundbreaking, hence my calling him Kingebukasblog wannabe, here h t t p ://www.nairaland.com/3508590/psalmist-foolishness-talk#51755770
If you hadnt learned from a 2016 mistake and correction
then it proves you are incorrigible

Kingebukasblog, in 2016, first caught you out passing off someone's else hardwork and original as if it was yours
It's now obvious that, you arent just incorrigible
but also that once bitten, twice shy has no meaning or means nothing to you

You, in 2017 without shame, repeated the same mistake of trying to palm off as yours, the same work without giving credit to the author
If not for Strawman pulling you up on it,
you wouldnt with tail between leg literally, be shamefully forced to go edit the post, to acknowledge the real source of it.
Naughty, naughty, naughty, tut tut tut.

hopefulLandlord:
But you're free to believe anything you want, afterall what belief could be more stupid than believing a Jew died for your sins when the Jews themselves don't buy that?
Some Jews bought it,
but you just had to stretch the truth there, dont you and to what gain?

God's mission on earth had to start from some where.
God had to come from some people, from some nation, from some race, via somebody and it so happened that God came to earth as a Jew
Him coming as a Nigerian, or as a Jew wont and doesnt diminish the truth that He is the true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

hopefulLandlord:
I'm through with all these nonsense though, I would like to learn more about the tomatoes fruit salad thingy and that's what I'll reply to from now on
SMH. For what shall it profit a man,
if he shall gain the whole world, to learn more about tomatoes fruit salad thingies alone and lose his own soul?
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
luvmijeje:

Yesssss! Everyone who don't believe in the one and only God who sitted on a throne high and lifted up. Who made the heavens his home and the earth is footstool.
I like your honesty here

so that verse isn't referring to atheists? it applies to believers in any other god?

does MuttleyLaff, Analice107, Anas09, OLAADEGBU, Felixomor agree with you on this?
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by MuttleyLaff: 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I like your honesty here

so that verse isn't referring to atheists? it applies to believers in any other god?

does MuttleyLaff, Analice107, Anas09, OLAADEGBU, Felixomor agree with you on this?
If God said it, why not?
It is referring to believers in any other god
and atheists who refused to accept or acknowledge the existence of a true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff
let's not derail this thread further
let's continue here https://www.nairaland.com/3662542/intelligence-same-wisdom/3
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 3:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
If God said it, why not?
how does the verse then concern atheists?
why do you guys use the verse ONLY when discussing with atheists?
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by luvmijeje(f): 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I like your honesty here

Yesssss. They are inclusive in the group of people who don't believe in God. It doesn't exclude Atheist. You're inclusive.
I hope I'm not communicating in French.

2 Likes

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by MuttleyLaff: 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
how does the verse then concern atheists?
because atheists fall in the category of any that refuse to accept or acknowledge the existence of a true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

hopefulLandlord:
why do you guys use the verse ONLY when discussing with atheists?
No one uses it exclusively for atheists
Sorry if that is what you think
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 3:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
because atheists fall in the category of any that refuse to accept or acknowledge the existence of a true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

No one uses it exclusively for atheists
Sorry if that is what you think

can you just show me anywhere its been used on the internet and it wasn't directed at atheists?

or preferably where it was used and directed to a theist albeit one that is an adherent of another god

this just got interesting
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 3:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
luvmijeje:

Yesssss. They are inclusive in the group of people who don't believe in God. It doesn't exclude Atheist. You're inclusive.
I hope I'm not communicating in French.

I actually understand you clearly

I'm searching for a post where I deduced that "god" as used there was referring to "Yahweh"

a Christian actually vehemently disagreed and I just let it rest because its a deduction and I was tired that day

now I can't find the post but I remember well a good part of it

I said "There are no gods"
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
This same Bible also said... Jesus proclaimed that “whoever says, ‘You fool !’ shall be in danger of hell fire” (Matthew 5:22)... Lol, this is all a game.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Restitution Be Preached? / full Summary Of Crisis Of Conscience By Former WT Gb Member Raymond Franz / What Would Be Left Of A Man After 21 Days Of Dry Fasting??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.