Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,198 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:31 AM

Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 (75196 Views)

African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet / Meet Philip Emeagwali: Biography Of Father Of Modern Day Internet / The 10 Most Dangerous Waters In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by bellenornor(f): 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2017
Damienmarley:
Pure LIE! Philip Emeagwali left Nigeria for USA at the age of 15.
The only tests that measure up to 190(mental age tests) are taken at the maximum age of 12.
No legit standardized adult iq tests measure above 162( SD=15).
Funny enough the dude never took an iq test. His Iq of 190 has always been "alleged to be".
E pain am

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 01, 2017
bellenornor:
E pain am
How I am Igbo.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by ziga: 9:49pm On Apr 01, 2017
Nigerians love to associate themselves with success.

He is Nigerian born with great educational achievements from mostly the united states.

He has lived most of his life in the US.

Almost all of his university education was in the US.

We will be feeling happy about his achievements, feeling like giants but we no go fix our own educational system.

Continue!!!

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by darkckUSA: 9:49pm On Apr 01, 2017
MJBOLT:
liepod detected

This is not a case of tribalistic sentiments.. Nigerians are gifted with the innovative ability to solve everyday problems.. The ingenuity of the present generation if tapped accordingly can and will be used to project us to the highest point of human achievement.. If the yahoo boy is given opportunity to positively create business online we would go far.. Most of these boys have little or no education but they can manipulate the web in so many ways. The street mechanic can by mere listening to your car engine diagnose the problems it has.. The market women at Oshodi do businesses that hold up the economy.. The average kid when I was growing up made toys out of tin foils and cartons and most of them use batteries and locomotive contraptions.. The examples are endless..

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by ERockson: 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by origima: 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
iamnicer:
IGBOS

YORUBAS

HAUSA

Pls stop tribalistic,irritative and timid reaction.We are one but our cult leaders are instigating us against one another for their selfish interest.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Ejanla07: 9:53pm On Apr 01, 2017
micktoxin:
Here we go again with the equalisation of IQ test as a measure of intelligence. People with high IQ’s can score poor on an IQ test, for any number of reasons. My brother scored poorly on his first test, because he didn’t cooperate with the psychologist who administered it — he was five and that kind of behavior is not uncommon at that age. Fortunately, my parents had the wherewithal to have him tested by a private psychologist who went to the trouble of winning his trust, and that time, he maxed out the test. I always keep that in mind as a reminder that we should be cautious in interpreting IQ scores here. And an Aspie friend here was considered slow for many years, because he has a language disability — but as a teenager, he scored above 130, in the gifted range, and is no doubt smarter because his language difficulties still interfere with his ability to take the test. There are lots more reasons why a smart kid could get a poor score — vision problems, dyslexia, ADHD, trauma at home, even lack of sleep.
In view of this, this can never be used as a merit to determine intelligence. This holds ever more true when you consider the test cognitively (historically) favours people with science background.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by farous(m): 9:53pm On Apr 01, 2017
DollarAngel:
Philip Emeagwali has been listed as amongst the top 10 most intelligent people in the world, having the acclaimed IQ of 190.
The Best tribe in Nigeria, we are intelligent, Creative, Hardworking, Innovative and a Blessing to Nigeria
Like if you agree, Share if you are nwa afor

"Yellowbars"and nigerians know na.That's why they don't want igbos to leave them and be on their own.immediately I saw the heading"most intelligent.....",I told my colleague that before I can open the link that I want to bet him that this person in question must be an igbo,though he did not doubt me.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Ejanla07: 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
nijascammers:
emegwali that have been proved to be a fraud.The guy never got a Ph.D took University of Michigan to court to force them to award him a Ph.D
A friend of mine just graduated from University of Michigan.
Court case and the denial of degree

"Emeagwali studied for a Ph.D. degree from the University of Michigan from 1987 through 1991. His thesis was not accepted by a committee of internal and external examiners and thus he was not awarded the degree. Emeagwali filed a court challenge, stating that the decision was a violation of his civil rights and that the university had discriminated against him in several ways because of his race. The court challenge was dismissed, as was an appeal to the Michigan state Court of Appeals.[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwali

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by bellenornor(f): 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
Damienmarley:

How I am Igbo.
OK.. E no pain am
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Sultty(m): 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
ayusco85:
NCAN ajah branch reporting for duty.

He deserves it actually. With that kinda IQ, even bubu that hate igbos will ve no choice than go give him this award.

Kudos Philip. (hope U don't ve big lips & big head that looks like utility box)
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by DandyWalker(m): 9:57pm On Apr 01, 2017
great. he is igbo, but lived all his life in the south west before he travelled out. he was even born in akure

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by iamnicer: 9:58pm On Apr 01, 2017
origima:

Pls stop tribalistic,irritative and timid reaction.We are one but our cult leaders are instigating us against one another for their selfish interest.

YOU RIGHT SIR
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by ylaa(f): 10:05pm On Apr 01, 2017
Gbam!!!

uote author=DirewolfofStark post=55172335]You're actually wrong in one detail: The Gordon Bell Prize is not the Nobel prize of computing.
The highest honor given to a computer scientist is the Turing Prize.[/quote]
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by sorry1(m): 10:05pm On Apr 01, 2017
Damienmarley:
Pure LIE! Philip Emeagwali left Nigeria for USA at the age of 15.
The only tests that measure up to 190(mental age tests) are taken at the maximum age of 12.
No legit standardized adult iq tests measure above 162( SD=15).
Funny enough the dude never took an iq test. His Iq of 190 has always been "alleged to be".
Bad belle go kill you...if e pain you go invent internet.

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Bekimbo(m): 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2017
Cyberrex:
his contribution to d country is what that matters
[color=#006600][/color]

Contributions to which country?
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2017
Slay King.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Odingo1: 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2017
DandyWalker:
great. he is igbo, but lived all his life in the south west before he travelled out. he was even born in akure
Does it matter where he live his life in Nigeria, if his father is working with FG and was posted to Akure nko.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by sorry1(m): 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2017
nijascammers:
emegwali that have been proved to be a fraud.The guy never got a Ph.D took University of Michigan to court to force them to award him a Ph.D

"Emeagwali studied for a Ph.D. degree from the University of Michigan from 1987 through 1991. His thesis was not accepted by a committee of internal and external examiners and thus he was not awarded the degree. Emeagwali filed a court challenge, stating that the decision was a violation of his civil rights and that the university had discriminated against him in several ways because of his race. The court challenge was dismissed, as was an appeal to the Michigan state Court of Appeals.[8]"

hate is bad! why can't you celebrate the man at least for today that he's being celebrated, maybe by tomorrow you can create another thread telling us how evil he has been?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by sekem: 10:10pm On Apr 01, 2017
WISE MEN FROM THE EAST grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by CyberWolf: 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2017
You can read more about this wizard here..

http://www.encyclopedia.com/education/news-wires-white-papers-and-books/emeagwali-philip-1954

Don't mind the afonjas here talking trash here.. All this propaganda against him began in 2010..

4 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Elvo123: 10:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
DirewolfofStark:
You're actually wrong in one detail: The Gordon Bell Prize is not the Nobel prize of computing.
The highest honor given to a computer scientist is the Turing Prize.

Succonded
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by FreeSpirited: 10:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
Did this people test the whole 7billion people in the world to arrive at the best 10 intelligent?.... Make dem park well abeg.....That's an insult to we intelligent people all over the world

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
Great development, great achievement.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Zhirinovsky: 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2017
Tribalism and hatred won't allow you to reason. He was a victim of racism. The whites hate seeing africans being described as more intelligent. Go to american tertiary institutions and see for yourself that nigerians are the most intelligent but the whites would rather steal their work and give to their fellow whites than to recognise african brilliance.
Emegwali's achievements pains white america till date and they are looking for a way to strip off his accolades.
Ever wondered why a nigerian student will finish with a 3rd class here only to relocate to the u.s for a second degree and come out with a first class?
nijascammers:

7 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
Our highly educated afonjah brothers from the West won't be happy about this

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by moghulis: 10:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
ERockson:

http://saharareporters.com/2010/10/18/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-his-way-fame

See mumu. And your link is from your yoloba coneheaded sahara desert reporters.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by FreeSpirited: 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
Abeg no be by IQ test o......
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by guychidile: 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
I love to see records setters and breakers.., congrats bros.,

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 01, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
well this is not a front page worthy piece. it has proven times without number that this guy is an ingenious fraud but we still gladly promote him. show me a serious IT website that told Emeagwali's story and I will take you seriously. This guy has been going up and down calling himself the father of the internet, I wonder who gave him that title.

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by ceejay4real(m): 10:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
Ppresh2017:
He is the pride of Nigeria. Meanwhile if you need genuine extra source of income see my signature

Hi sister, are you for real?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) / Electronic Bed With A TV, Charges Phones & Laptops Made By Nigerian Carpenter / 100-Year-Old Crocodile 'King Buka' Dies In Captivity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.