Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 (75277 Views)

African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet / Meet Philip Emeagwali: Biography Of Father Of Modern Day Internet / The 10 Most Dangerous Waters In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Baroba(m): 3:10am On Apr 02, 2017
Standardcosting:
Truly Igbos are Jews. If only they would be thankful and serve God appropriately.

Igbo's are Ndigbo, please can we stop this nonsense, we have no ancestry with the Jewish race.. Have you seen the Jews claim Igbo or Yoruba..

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Jman06(m): 4:14am On Apr 02, 2017
For all you doubting Thomases, check more facts about Emeagwali at emeagwali.com/. He's indeed a genius!
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by juman(m): 4:17am On Apr 02, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Another Nigerian lie just like the one that said this same man founded the internet

I remember the lie. grin

The man is a fraud.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Jman06(m): 4:19am On Apr 02, 2017
LastProphet:

am surprised to see a fraud like emiagwali resurrected in a large forum like nairaland
Go hang yourself!!!
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by hucienda: 4:41am On Apr 02, 2017
Built2last:
Make I no lie. I came to check names. It's usually a battle royale between Afonja a.K.a brown roof Republic versus the Flaties a.k.a Ipob...let the battle begin.

Middle belt is refree

The north are observers.

Seun has the stadium

cheesy lol ... nairaland ehn. almost everyone is a comedian.

bros ntn do you. Almost everyone here is consciously or subconsciously a name checker. I refer you to the chairman.

cc: NCANChairman.

@OP: Congratulations Phil!
And to the east coast, Igbo kwenu!
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by jpphilips(m): 5:08am On Apr 02, 2017
Youngadvocate:
Philip Emeagwali has been listed as amongst the top 10 most intelligent people in the world, having the acclaimed IQ of 190.

Philip Emeagwali, of course, is a renowed and world-acclaimed engineer, mathematician, computer scientist and geologist who was one of two winners of the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize, a prize from the IEEE, for his use of a Connection Machine supercomputer to help detect petroleum fields.

He has the 9th slot directly below Marilyn vos Savant, 8th with verified IQ of 190 and directly above 10th placed Garry Kasparov who is alleged to have an IQ of 190.

The Igbo-born Nigerian is credited for inventing a formula that allows supercomputers powered by thousands of processors to perform billions of calculations per second, a discovery that made international headlines and inspired the reinvention of supercomputers.

The supercomputer comprises of thousands of networked computers and the Internet also comprises of millions of networked computers. The supercomputer spawned the Internet.

Emeagwali’s 1970s hypothesis on 64,000 networked computers around the Earth led to his programming of 64,000 processors inside a big box to perform 3.1 billion calculations per second, a world record in 1989. For the latter achievement, he won the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize, which is the “Nobel prize of supercomputing.”

http://igbobia.com/?q=philip-emeagwali-among-the-top-10-most-intelligent-people-in-the-world-with-190-iq.html

Lalasticlala

You the op is a m0r0n, even Philip Emeagwali himself will be shocked at the nonsense you wrote, just look at the source you quoted in public.
Does igbobia.com measure people's IQ you dumb fvck!!

4 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by jpphilips(m): 5:12am On Apr 02, 2017
juman:

I remember the lie. grin

The man is a fraud.

The man isn't a fraud, I have attended a symposium of his where most of these questions were brought forward, he laughed real hard. What do you expect when a dvmb fvck like the OP gets access to the internet?

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by DollarAngel(m): 5:22am On Apr 02, 2017
zachanalysis:
you need to come back to reality from the world of illusion. The OP just played an 'April fool' joke on you. Don't get ahead of yourself. Go and check the fact.

I feel your pain it natural for one to be jealous, try and celebrate success or achievement when you come across one below is the link if you need to see it yourself you should have know by now that we are

http://www.gossipmill.com/2017/03/top-10-most-intelligent-people-in-the-world-nigerian-man-makes-the-list/
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:24am On Apr 02, 2017
yom2:
when bill clinton came to nigeria during obasanjos regime, he made reference to emeagwali when he was addresing d issue of d niger delta and d oil curse, advicing that nigerians shouid try and tap more of whats in their brain than beneath d earth. Thats when i got to know d guy for d first time. I think he deserves some accolade
I am not saying Emeagwali is did not do any work on IT, I am just saying his work is not as significant as he tries to make us believe. 90% of the info you get about Emeagwali online comes from his website and the remaining 10% come from websites that try to refer you to his website. His capacity to trick even Clinton is what I find awesome and that is why I call him an ingenious fraud!
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by DollarAngel(m): 5:26am On Apr 02, 2017
Bollinger:

Lol. He said "blessing to Nigeria". Funniest thing i ever heard. Nothing is a blessing in Nigeria. You are all cursed. Prove me wrong if you disagree. The guy is a blessing to another country. Do you think he would achieve what he has if was in Nigeria? He probably would have been killed by ritualist, jungle justice, armed robbers, etc. You pick one.

Do you ever see anything good in people, it might affect your life, learn about Law of attraction, if you continue this way you might remain in depression always and Lagoon might be ur next option, so don't hate be glad and be thankful, Google you will see how many records we have smashed in foreign universities, OKONJO IWEALA the only Nigeria to have governed World bank
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:33am On Apr 02, 2017
Jman06:
For all you doubting Thomases, check more facts about Emeagwali at emeagwali.com/. He's indeed a genius!
If he is who he claims to be, many other sites will talk about him, why should all the stories about Emeagwali com from his site?
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by oaroloye(m): 6:25am On Apr 02, 2017
You do not get Oyinbo Honours and Awards by exposing their Frauds, such as the IMF and World Bank, nor by undermining their Industrial Dominance, by starting a Computer Manufacturing Industry in Black Africa.

If you factor THAT into the equation, thus guy is a dunce.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by ariesbull: 6:32am On Apr 02, 2017
Not Nigerian man..But Igbo man

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Basic123: 6:39am On Apr 02, 2017
DirewolfofStark:
You're actually wrong in one detail: The Gordon Bell Prize is not the Nobel prize of computing.
The highest honor given to a computer scientist is the Turing Prize.
They sha just want an igbo nobel price winner by crook....lolz
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by MartinBond(m): 6:40am On Apr 02, 2017
Now ladies stop labeling/calling us Nigerian men "scum" them
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by seunmsg(m): 6:44am On Apr 02, 2017
DollarAngel:

I feel your pain it natural for one to be jealous, try and celebrate success or achievement when you come across one below is the link if you need to see it yourself you should have know by now that we are

http://www.gossipmill.com/2017/03/top-10-most-intelligent-people-in-the-world-nigerian-man-makes-the-list/

What's the difference between igbobia.com and gossipmill.com?

Put on your thinking cap for a second, how can these blogs be a credible platform for rating the most intelligent people in the world? If Emeagwali gets to read this thread, he will marvel at the silliness of the OP.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by texazzpete(m): 6:46am On Apr 02, 2017
5 pages of people actually believing an article with no source other than 'Igbobia'.

This article does a great job of summing up the IQ of the various Nairalanders who have been jumping up in glee in this topic.

Not sure why a mod saw fit to push this to front page, but it's time Nairaland joined the battle against fake news.

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by EzeCanada: 6:57am On Apr 02, 2017
jpphilips:

You the op is a m0r0n, even Philip Emeagwali himself will be shocked at the nonsense you wrote, just look at the source you quoted in public.
Does igbobia.com measure people's IQ you dumb fvck!!
It is an established fact that Philip Emeagwali was listed amongst top 10 individuals with highest IQ.

A simple google search supports this claim. Hating gives you negative energy, so I advice you stop hating.

Here is an alternate source if you still need to verify igbobia.com's claim:
http://www.wonderslist.com/10-most-intelligent-people/

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by mario383: 6:59am On Apr 02, 2017
guy30stainless:
[color=#000099][/color] Chai God just give me half of this guy's brain. E too much for one person
He be like this intelligente thing na heritage. When I was in the university. To get a result a little above average, na continues sleepless nights reading including taking coffee etc. Am wondering some people are super. Before GEJ became known, I knew him as high up there. Why some people nor get brain at all. Na wa this nature

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Noneroone(m): 7:01am On Apr 02, 2017
The hate coming from this thread can melt a big diamond. Yorubas can hate God if it turns out HE is an Igbo man. Who on this planet doesnt know emeagwali and his accomplishments in computing.
IPOB is right. We are not one and can never be one.

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by EzeCanada: 7:02am On Apr 02, 2017
texazzpete:
5 pages of people actually believing an article with no source other than 'Igbobia'.

This article does a great job of summing up the IQ of the various Nairalanders who have been jumping up in glee in this topic.

Not sure why a mod saw fit to push this to front page, but it's time Nairaland joined the battle against fake news.

Google is your friend, but I would help you with a verifiable source:
http://www.wonderslist.com/10-most-intelligent-people/

1 Like

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by mario383: 7:03am On Apr 02, 2017
DirewolfofStark:
You're actually wrong in one detail: The Gordon Bell Prize is not the Nobel prize of computing.
The highest honor given to a computer scientist is the Turing Prize.
You are wrong some how. It is call the Turner's prize. Turners was the first white man to win that prize.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by LordKushmann(m): 7:09am On Apr 02, 2017
Zhirinovsky:
Tribalism and hatred won't allow you to reason. He was a victim of racism. The whites hate seeing africans being described as more intelligent. Go to american tertiary institutions and see for yourself that nigerians are the most intelligent but the whites would rather steal their work and give to their fellow whites than to recognise african brilliance.
Emegwali's achievements pains white america till date and they are looking for a way to strip off his accolades.
Ever wondered why a nigerian student will finish with a 3rd class here only to relocate to the u.s for a second degree and come out with a first class?

Tell them to go read about Henry Simpson the black guy who invented the cellphone and the missile launch technology which made outer space travel possible, they won't. The man is still alive but under lock and key somewhere, no one is celebrating him cos he's black and they are ashamed that their own no know book. The whole world has ganged up against us and we seem more interested in killing ourselves before they do..
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by happydays1(m): 7:12am On Apr 02, 2017
Cyberrex:
his contribution to d country is what that matters
obasanjo invited him and okonjo ,to come and work for their country, only oknjo left w bank to work for Nigeria. EMA did not come, today his decision has saved his name because okonjos name has been rubbished by ungreatful tribal bigots.

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Ishilove: 7:17am On Apr 02, 2017
Youngadvocate:

Philip Emeagwali, of course, is a renowed and world-acclaimed engineer, mathematician, computer scientist and geologist who was one of two winners of the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize, a prize from the IEEE, for his use of a Connection Machine supercomputer to help detect petroleum fields.

He has the 9th slot directly below Marilyn vos Savant, 8th with verified IQ of 190 and directly above 10th placed Garry Kasparov who is alleged to have an IQ of 190.

The Igbo-born Nigerian is credited for inventing a formula that allows supercomputers powered by thousands of processors to perform billions of calculations per second, a discovery that made international headlines and inspired the reinvention of supercomputers.

The supercomputer comprises of thousands of networked computers and the Internet also comprises of millions of networked computers. The supercomputer spawned the Internet.

Emeagwali’s 1970s hypothesis on 64,000 networked computers around the Earth led to his programming of 64,000 processors inside a big box to perform 3.1 billion calculations per second, a world record in 1989. For the latter achievement, he won the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize, which is the “Nobel prize of supercomputing.”
He is indeed very intelligent, but he is a more media hype. He only won it because the people who made a better invention than him, had already won in two other categories (you are not allowed to win in more than two categories).

After claiming he has 'many degrees' it was discovered he has just one Bsc and two Msc. He has successfully touted himself as a Professor, meanwhile he never completed his PhD. He studied for the Phd at the University of Michigan, but he was never granted a degree. The university said that he took too much time to complete his Phd thesis and the quality of work was poor.

He sued them, claiming that they were racist, but he lost the case because the court agreed that the quality of his work was poor and that he had exceeded the time allotted to complete it

It's been discussed several times on Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/534775/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-way

https://www.nairaland.com/4235/prof-gabriel-oyibo-gagut-theorem#140129

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Jman06(m): 7:19am On Apr 02, 2017
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

If he is who he claims to be, many other sites will talk about him, why should all the stories about Emeagwali com from his site?
It is only sahara reporters and haters like you that are claiming he is fraud. Emeagwali's high intelligence is acknowledged by many including our dear former president Bill Clinton.

Any unbiased mind who visited his site and read those materials he put up there would not doubt his mental prowess. The guy is a genius!

2 Likes

Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Hades2016(m): 7:22am On Apr 02, 2017
metrosexual:
I had no doubt it would be Philip when I saw this topic on frontpage.

Igbo kwenu! (I'm not Igbo though, but I'm proud of this man, putting our name for good things worldwide)
God bless you for this your comment
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Cyberrex(m): 7:26am On Apr 02, 2017
happydays1:

obasanjo invited him and okonjo ,to come and work for their country, only oknjo left w bank to work for Nigeria. EMA did not come, today his decision has saved his name because okonjos name has been rubbished by ungreatful tribal bigots.
I see
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 02, 2017
360command:
Which are the ones which can be considered as the countries with generally low IQ population?
#10 Sudan—Average IQ 72
#9 Tanzania—Average IQ 72
#8 Ghana—Average IQ 71
#7 Nigeria—Average IQ 67
#6 Guinea—Average IQ 66
#5 Zimbabwe—Average IQ 66
#4 Democratic Republic of the Congo—Average IQ 65
#3 Sierra Leone—Average IQ 64
#2 Ethiopia—Average IQ 63
#1 Equatorial Guinea—Average IQ 59
lol. Dude where did you get this information from? According to this story America has an iq of 86?
All iq tests designed in the US is normed using the american population and use a median of 100 not 86. Are you saying that if I took an iq test in america and score, say, 160 that my iq in a country of mean iq of 100 would be way less than 160?
Re: Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 by aribisala0(m): 7:56am On Apr 02, 2017
Page 5 now ,that is quite good going for an April Fool joke..

To be honest there are too many stupid people on Nairaland .They just see a thread headline and start reacting like dangerous chemicals. No questions asked.

So one dude was named as among the top 10 intelligent in the world??

and you have 5 pages of comments.

No one wants to know

1) The source of the story

2) Who named him.

3) Who are the other nine
4) Who is number one

5) How did they arrive at this conclusion. Was it by IQ test or exam.

You do not need to have a high IQ to think or ask questions. Just go back to the OP on front page and examine it thoughtfully.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) / Electronic Bed With A TV, Charges Phones & Laptops Made By Nigerian Carpenter / 100-Year-Old Crocodile 'King Buka' Dies In Captivity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.