Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! (21649 Views)

Prophet Udensi Godlove Warned People About Lagos Tanker Accident And Others / Muslim Lawyer Faults Apostle Suleman's Media Trial, Raises 10 Posers / Why You Need To Teach People About God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by PROPHETmichael: 5:26am On Apr 02, 2017
They call it being "transparent" but wisdom calls it being foolish.Never even confide in your best friend otherwise, it will come back to haunt you in a way you cannot even begin to imagine. People often confide in friends because they naively believe their friends are incapable of envy. But envy knows no bounds regardless of race, age or gender, and most often comes to rest in the bosom of a close friend more so than in the bosom of an enemy.

Years ago, listening to the teachings of the Promise Keepers (bad choice), I made the mistake of being "transparent" with two of my friends. I especially thought I was safe since it was two of my childhood friends, friends who I personally taught the ways of survival in the streets back in the day. But, alas, both of these "friends" took my personal business and threw me under the bus. Then went on their merry little way like nothing happened.

The result was that they profoundly damaged my reputation and my influence for the Kingdom. And to this day, those that believe their "story" and have circulated it as salacious gossip, have never taken the initiative to hear my side of the story to get the real truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. That's because most people don't care about the truth since spin always adds more flavour to gossip.

Thankfully, instead of resorting to handling the issue with my fists (as I most assuredly would have in times past and would have stomped a mudhole in both of them), I was able to find strength and solace in the Scripture, "A lying tongue is but for a moment" (Proverbs 12:19). It was one of the most difficult things I ever had to do since I had always handled all problems of conflict with violence and not with grace.
Thanks be to God that, when you need more grace to handle the challenges of life, "He giveth more grace" (James 4:6).
It is precisely because of envy-ruled "friends" that God has given us wise mentors.

Only confide in a principle-based mentor because your mentor is your God-appointed confidant, one who has your best interests at heart and will counsel you on how to overcome your weaknesses and shortcoming, and who will pray your strength in the Lord.
I learned that the hard way but you can learn it the easy way simply by learning from my mistake--and trusting the simple wisdom of this exhortation.

Real talk! I copied this from a prophet's facebook page.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by eezeribe(m): 6:45am On Apr 02, 2017
There is no hard and fast rule about this... Everything you or the prophet said is just an OPINION.
The Op even referred to a mentor,as "God appointed confidant"...
Did God come down from heaven to make the appointment
So if I walk up to my senior colleague to mentor me on something,it means God appointed him...
Most Nigerians and Religious sentiments be like 5&6.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 02, 2017
False Prophetmichael pls goan read the part of the Bible that says "confess your faults (sins) one to another "
That you can't keep a secret doesn't mean others can't.
Maybe you should rewrite your Bible.
Religion aside, do you know that a problem shared is a problem half solved?
Most depressive cases (and by extension, suicide) are found in melancholias , those who bottle up their problems and keep to themselves.
Pls my friends, find someone you can confide in and let out steam with, even if it's your dog or pet. It's good for your health.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by sakalisis(m): 7:49am On Apr 02, 2017
Okay
Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by Bigsteveg(m): 7:49am On Apr 02, 2017
Okay
Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by generaluthman: 7:49am On Apr 02, 2017
I learned

1 Like

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by Bigsteveg(m): 7:49am On Apr 02, 2017
sakalisis:
Okay

How do u know what am typing at the same time am typing? u be winch

2 Likes

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by tetula123(m): 7:50am On Apr 02, 2017
OP seems like u drunk on a Sunday morning
Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by martyns303(m): 7:50am On Apr 02, 2017
"And when they offer u their shoulders never cry on them"

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by zainabxel(f): 7:51am On Apr 02, 2017
This on point. Sometimes they might leak your secret without bad intention but it will still do damage.

5 Likes

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by juman(m): 7:51am On Apr 02, 2017
Everybody has weaknesses, faults and shotcomings.

But strive and make effort to become a better person.

3 Likes

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by soberdrunk(m): 7:51am On Apr 02, 2017
So the whole "lean on me" song is a scam? angry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by Chuukwudi(m): 7:51am On Apr 02, 2017
Ok
Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by Bigajeff(m): 7:51am On Apr 02, 2017
Human being is the most unpredictable on earth, therefore you don't reveal all to even the soo called blood related let alone a friend. #bewise #setalimit

5 Likes

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by JagaLove: 7:51am On Apr 02, 2017
Details of what happened or

The Bleep Outta Here
Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by Tazdroid(m): 7:52am On Apr 02, 2017
Hmm
Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by jegz25(m): 7:52am On Apr 02, 2017
a problem shared now is a subject of gossip

3 Likes

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by Iseoluwani: 7:52am On Apr 02, 2017
[quote author=PROPHETmichael post=55180312
Only confide in a principle-based mentor because your mentor is your God-appointed confidant,

Real talk! I copied this from a prophet's facebook page.[/quote]

Even MENTORS CAN ENVY YOU

M A LIVING SCAPEGOAT

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by HARDDON: 7:53am On Apr 02, 2017
Why tell some1 who cant help in anyway to make it better?

Only the maker can fully understand and indeed help out.
So talk to him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by 1Rebel: 7:53am On Apr 02, 2017
You don't need any prophet to tell you this. This is street knowlege 101

11 Likes

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by BrightAhiah(m): 7:53am On Apr 02, 2017
meet a psychotherapist counsellor and confide ur problems for only he/she can maintain utmost confidentiality/secrecy and help to resolve those challenges by modifying ur behaviours.

don't like my comment, I'm too TALL

3 Likes

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by Damilare6293: 7:54am On Apr 02, 2017
this is not so everyone......there is a friend that sticks better than a brother..David and Jonathan..

1 Like

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by ElizaVeta(f): 7:54am On Apr 02, 2017
Issorite!
Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by Lighthouseman: 7:54am On Apr 02, 2017
in other words. ..op is saying keep your issues to your self cos no one cares and those who care don't matter and those who matter don't care.
You came to this world alone and would certainly leave alone.
You become independent from the moment the omblica chord is severed from your mother at birth. You choose to survive or to chicken out.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by HCF(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2017
Sometimes strangers are genuinely concerned and more willing to help than people we call friends.#justMyObservation

17 Likes

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by crackhouse(m): 7:56am On Apr 02, 2017
You are right.

2 Likes

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by Freethought(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2017
It is very true that all humans are fallible but we can't bcause of that ignore what the bible teaches about confiding in others (james 5:16).

Even in the old testament, God Said, its is not good fr a man 2 b alone, so I will make him a helper.
Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by Musty25: 7:57am On Apr 02, 2017
true talk!!
Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by petsey(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2017
confined in ursef

1 Like

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by graphiti: 7:57am On Apr 02, 2017
PROPHETmichael:
They call it being "transparent" but wisdom calls it being foolish.Never even confide in your best friend otherwise, it will come back to haunt you in a way you cannot even begin to imagine. People often confide in friends because they naively believe their friends are incapable of envy. But envy knows no bounds regardless of race, age or gender, and most often comes to rest in the bosom of a close friend more so than in the bosom of an enemy.

Years ago, listening to the teachings of the Promise Keepers (bad choice), I made the mistake of being "transparent" with two of my friends. I especially thought I was safe since it was two of my childhood friends, friends who I personally taught the ways of survival in the streets back in the day. But, alas, both of these "friends" took my personal business and threw me under the bus. Then went on their merry little way like nothing happened.

The result was that they profoundly damaged my reputation and my influence for the Kingdom. And to this day, those that believe their "story" and have circulated it as salacious gossip, have never taken the initiative to hear my side of the story to get the real truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. That's because most people don't care about the truth since spin always adds more flavour to gossip.

Thankfully, instead of resorting to handling the issue with my fists (as I most assuredly would have in times past and would have stomped a mudhole in both of them), I was able to find strength and solace in the Scripture, "A lying tongue is but for a moment" (Proverbs 12:19). It was one of the most difficult things I ever had to do since I had always handled all problems of conflict with violence and not with grace.
Thanks be to God that, when you need more grace to handle the challenges of life, "He giveth more grace" (James 4:6).
It is precisely because of envy-ruled "friends" that God has given us wise mentors.

Only confide in a principle-based mentor because your mentor is your God-appointed confidant, one who has your best interests at heart and will counsel you on how to overcome your weaknesses and shortcoming, and who will pray your strength in the Lord.
I learned that the hard way but you can learn it the easy way simply by learning from my mistake--and trusting the simple wisdom of this exhortation.

Real talk! I copied this from a prophet's facebook page.

Have you not seen where your mentor/pastor makes your case d sermon to the whole congregation?!

My friend, ur Maker is ur MOST-TRUSTED confidant!
Any other person, u are OYO! undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by sakalisis(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2017
Bigsteveg:

How do u know what am typing at the same time am typing? u be winch

Lol
Re: Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! by zolapower: 7:58am On Apr 02, 2017
I had this same issue with a grown up man and father of two ,whom I took as a close confidant . Like the saying goes now " a problem shared is a problem gossip. He betrayed the trust I reposed in him . But I m trying to let go the animosity I build up inside of me each time I see him and I remember the evil he perpetrated . Nice post op . It's always good to read this type of motivational post .

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Tim Omotoso Speaks On Visiting Paradise And Raising a Dead Woman (video) / Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? / Is Heaven Made For Christians Only?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.