Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:14 AM

3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race (11120 Views)

3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life / 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / Making Sure You're On The Right Track In Your Christian Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Thepasserby(m): 5:44am On Apr 02, 2017
A lot of people are just bearing the name Christian without even knowing what it entails. Have you ever asked yourself why Christianity is always under fire? Have you ever cared to know why the world goes agog the moment they hear rumours of a man of God falling? Have you ever asked yourself why it is quite difficult for people to speak badly about some religions or their leaders?

It's all because we are supposed to shine as a light to our generation and when the world discovers that we have fallen, they become disappointed in us, they crucify us for it.

Here are three things you should understand about your Christian Race.

1. It is a call to represent (2 Corinthians 5:20)
Every Christian is a kingdom ambassador representing God. When you became a Christian, you stopped living your own life and started living for God. Before you take any decision as a Christian, it is important you think twice because the world is watching. In case you don't know, people purposely annoy you, place some things in your path, try your patience only to test the Christ nature in you. They believe as Christians, the light of God should be seen in you.

2. It is a call for self denial
There is nothing as stubborn as the flesh. As Christians, one of the fruit of the spirit is self control. To be a Christian is to be able to say NO to the dictates of the flesh. You must carry your cross (temptations and persecutions) and follow after the master.

NOTE: SELF CONTROL IS NOT SELF CONTROLLED.

3. It is a personal race
Everybody is accountable for his or her actions. As Christians, your call is not attached to a man of God or particular denomination, it is a personal race which can only be run with Grace. People can only try to either help you or harm you. Until the day you have an encounter with Christ, you are not yet a Christian. When people encounter Jesus, everything about their lives changes.

Jesus Loves you.

Copied from palmchat #religion

www.palmchatnow.com

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 02, 2017
ftc! I love Xtian life

4 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by DlawTECHY(m): 8:18am On Apr 02, 2017
Some people just want to bear the name Christian without knowing what is required of a Christian...
Op nice one.. Good piece to Learn from..

Check my signature for our telegram group link..

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Mr2kay3: 8:18am On Apr 02, 2017
Check my signature to get your p2p sites
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 02, 2017
shocked
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by teemanbastos(m): 8:21am On Apr 02, 2017
Need financial help badly.. I called on Jesus , i haven't received a reply.. I want to get born again Genuinely.. I called on Jesus i haven't received a reply.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by MrRichy(m): 8:21am On Apr 02, 2017
Op is right
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by candidbabe(f): 8:22am On Apr 02, 2017
Yes as Christians we are ambassadors of christ on earth

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 02, 2017
Number 4: it's not a call to be a zombie or mor0n.
I don't like hearing the bullshit about how xtians should be docile in the face of aggression.
See let's face it, Israel is where it all started from and where it all would end but guess what?
Israel doesn't take nonsense from any morafuqka. They'd blow ur arse off if you mess with them.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by BrightAhiah(m): 8:22am On Apr 02, 2017
you cannot be a "christian" without being a "Christ-like"
Christianity is a religion
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 02, 2017
Christian life is the best
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Dottore: 8:23am On Apr 02, 2017
Ok
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Yemz213(m): 8:23am On Apr 02, 2017
God will have mercy on us....may we end the journey well
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by harrybarn: 8:26am On Apr 02, 2017
Loves this. Carefully unambigous
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by lonelydora: 8:27am On Apr 02, 2017
Ok
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by sakalisis(m): 8:28am On Apr 02, 2017
Ok
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by fortunekaura(m): 8:34am On Apr 02, 2017
nowadays christianity is judged by the churches we go, to the point where many are raised under the lies of the church... They call themselves christians but they no longer follow Jesus

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Kingsley1000(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2017
all churches are scam

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 02, 2017
teemanbastos:
Need financial help badly.. I called on Jesus , i haven't received a reply.. I want to get born again Genuinely.. I called on Jesus i haven't received a reply.
you ask and do not receive because you ask wrongly...james 4:3

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by temmytee2309: 8:39am On Apr 02, 2017
Our prayer is to end well.
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by hopefulLandlord: 8:40am On Apr 02, 2017
olrotimi:
Number 4: it's not a call to be a zombie or mor0n.
I don't like hearing the bullshit about how xtians should be docile in the face of aggression.
See let's face it, Israel is where it all started from and where it all would end but guess what?
Israel doesn't take nonsense from any morafuqka. They'd blow ur arse off if you mess with them.

another ignorant person posing like he knows what he's talking about

Israelites aren't Christians

they don't believe Jesus was the Messiah because he didn't fulfill the messianic prophesies as made in Isaiah

therefore they are still practising JUDAISM

a Nigerian however believes the Jews (whose ancestors lived in Jesus time and interacted with Jesus) are wrong and how did a Nigerian know this? he knows from reading a book which was handed to his ancestors by their slavemasters

but the Jews must know less about Jesus because they saw him live unlike a Nigerian that was privileged to have been given the Bible after its been written, rewritten, revised, rewritten, translated , retranslated, reretranslated, translated again , had some words removed, had some words added, revised again, then a council decided the parts that are worthy and those that aren't, then revised again , retranslated, reretranslated, handed over to your ancestors,translated again, retranslated again and finally passed on to you almost 2000 years after this Jesus had died

let me shock you, THERE ARE FAR MORE MUSLIMS IN ISRAEL THAN THERE ARE CHRISTIANS

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population
as of 2011 was 75.4% Judaism , 16.9%
Muslim , 2.1% Christian

we carry Jesus for head while they laugh at us

wake up Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by MrImole: 8:42am On Apr 02, 2017
Haha!
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by abdulaz: 8:52am On Apr 02, 2017
In Nigeria.

Church goers/hypocrites: 80%

Christians: 20%

This cuts across other religious denominations too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by HARDDON: 9:02am On Apr 02, 2017
IF i have to live a thousand times over, no other life i'd chose than this: to live each day in the deep reverence n worship of my creator n luv towards humanity!

ON these, hang all d laws n prophets!
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Tazdroid(m): 9:04am On Apr 02, 2017
Hmm
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Tazdroid(m): 9:04am On Apr 02, 2017
adetoroamos:
ftc! I love Xtian life
I thought the shortening of the word "Christian" to "Xtian" is unacceptable and condemned.
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by buoye1(m): 9:16am On Apr 02, 2017
teemanbastos:
Which number did you call?
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Teedawg: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2017
wait
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Teedawg: 9:24am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

they don't believe Jesus was the Messiah because he didn't fulfill the messianic prophesies as made in Isaiah

a Nigerian however believes the Jews (whose ancestors lived in Jesus time and interacted with Jesus) are wrong and how did a Nigerian know this? he knows from reading a book which was handed to his ancestors by their slavemasters

but the Jews must know less about Jesus because they saw him live unlike a Nigerian that was privileged to have been given the Bible after its been written, rewritten, revised, rewritten, translated , retranslated, reretranslated, translated again , had some words removed, had some words added, revised again, then a council decided the parts that are worthy and those that aren't, then revised again , retranslated, reretranslated, handed over to your ancestors,translated again, retranslated again and finally passed on to you

let me shock you, THERE ARE FAR MORE MUSLIMS IN ISRAEL THAN THERE ARE CHRISTIANS

Muslim , 2.1% Christian

wake up Africa
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by Teedawg: 9:24am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

but the Jews must know less about Jesus because they saw him live unlike a Nigerian that was privileged to have been given the Bible after its been written, rewritten, revised, rewritten, translated , retranslated, reretranslated, translated again , had some words removed, had some words added, revised again, then a council decided the parts that are worthy and those that aren't, then revised again , retranslated, reretranslated, handed over to your ancestors,translated again, retranslated again and finally passed on to you

Muslim , 2.1% Christian

wake up Africa
grin grin the name Jesus was even given by the nicean council... God no go consider say bible was translated or not revised or not besides God used people to write the Bible he has given us a place to start with so finding out the truth is left for us..not to forget some people have extra books in the bible and some don't know what they look like what if there's an element of truth in those books removed hmmm...well this all started when so called priest decided to use religion for politics... Christianity is an individual thing
Re: 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race by teemanbastos(m): 9:35am On Apr 02, 2017
2kaybiel:
you ask and do not receive because you ask wrongly...james 4:3
what's the right way

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Lessons To Learn From The Parable Of Wheat And Tares / 16 "gods" that share the same story with jesus / 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.