Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) (70394 Views)

Pandemonium Of People As Cold Stone Officially Open In Akwa-ibom... Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by UncutSk(m): 4:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
Whistleblowers:
Anyone capable of Killing and eating à Dog is capable of Killing man angry angry
I don't eat dogs, but you type like a slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Ademoore07(m): 4:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
Lol grin. No be today now. Just visit odobo village in Okobo local govt on market days, u will see bigger trailer than this full of dogs in cages

1 Like

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Ikpewe: 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
Ademoore07:
Lol grin. No be today now. Just visit odobo village in Okobo local govt on market days, u will see bigger trailer than this full of dogs in cages
what took you there.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Scatterscatter(m): 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
sonnie10:

It is because of how they go about it. They first hit the head with a sledge hammer and then quickly slay the neck.

This is to avoid being bitten.

Jess! That's horrific shocked embarassed

1 Like

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Ademoore07(m): 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Ikpewe:
what took you there.

I served in Akwa ibom. Precisely,at odobo from july 2011 to June 2012
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by joey150(m): 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
If goats can be slaughtered i dont see why dogs cant.

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by sonnie10: 4:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
Scatterscatter:

Jess! That's horrific shocked embarassed

Really horrible. First, they use something similar to those catchers used by animal control to hook round the dog's neck while still in the cage.

This gives them leverage to have the head in place and the rest of the body trapped in the cage.

Then lands the sledge hammer. Just one loud cry and the poor thing passes out.
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by nengibo: 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
They are taking stray dogs to the pound
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 02, 2017
angry
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Cekpo34(m): 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
See these ones o, modernity shouldn't make you blur the distinction between human and animal after all, snakes, births, lion etc are trained as pet yet, you all slaughter them for meat with no prejudice attached
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Cekpo34(m): 5:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
sonnie10:

Really horrible. First, they use something similar to those catchers used by animal control to hook round the dog's neck while still in the cage.

This gives them leverage to have the head in place and the rest of the body trapped in the cage.

Then lands the sledge hammer. Just one loud cry and the poor thing passes out.

Who are you to determine between animals edible and those sacred? Are you God? The snake you eat and cherish its meat without prejudice is also a pet to some factions of the society. Learn not condemn others ways of life in totality. This is the same thing Europeans did to Africa and the prejudice is there till now
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by ddjay: 5:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
fmmnn chai,so akwaibom people can chop dog, fmmmm.dat mins if dey bite u, ur in trouble
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Martinez19(m): 5:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
I love dogs. The animals that know loyalty more than man. Never backstabbing and always faithful through thick or thin. I love dogs.

If you can kill a dog without flinching an eye cry, your conscience is dead to an extent. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by arsenic33(m): 5:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
Ekiti people don join Dog Eaters Association of Nigeria (DEAN).... There own na die

1 Like

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by anyebedgreat: 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
MrHighSea:
like our desert brothers that don't eat dog but dem dy kill wella. I dread d meat. Ate it once d tin capsized my belle.
lol... I wonder why you people always castigate northerners to make yourselves look good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by anyebedgreat: 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
MrHighSea:
like our desert brothers that don't eat dog but dem dy kill wella. I dread d meat. Ate it once d tin capsized my belle.
lol... I wonder why you people always castigate northerners to make yourselves appear good.
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by KwessiStewie(m): 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
Smh*leaves thread sadly*
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2017
victorjoe:

Before and after.
Yuck! that's irritating

1 Like

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Tidamsel: 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
Hmmn
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
Scatterscatter:
Sincerely, there should be a law that forbids killing of dogs for food. If you've witnessed the way dogs scream before they die, you will understand better. Dogs are very sweet, warm and loyal.This is so sad embarassed

So does goats, sheeps, cows, rams.

The reason Dogs shouldn't be eaten is because they are domesticated and are considered family pets by most so there is a human relationship.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by sonnie10: 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
Cekpo34:

Who are you to determine between animals edible and those sacred? Are you God? The snake you eat and cherish its meat without prejudice is also a pet to some factions of the society. Learn not condemn others ways of life in totality. This is the same thing Europeans did to Africa and the prejudice is there till now

Are you sure you read what I wrote? Show me where I said that eating dog meat is wrong or right.

How did you pass WEAC comprehension part? Can't you differentiate between the different processes in a simple story?

Are you that inhumane that you are blind to the massage in what I wrote?
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by mank1234(m): 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:

So does goats, sheeps, cows, rams.

The reason Dogs shouldn't be eaten is because they are domesticated and are considered family pets by most so there is a human relationship.

We've domesticated birds, cat and some other animals too. And they were family pets too, therefore people should not kill and eat these animals also. Even the flowers that beautified our garden shouldn't have been made to give way for our boys quarter.
What a fallacious statement!

1 Like

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by kabawa(m): 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
Lucy001:
Dog meat grin grin very very sweet grin

Chain even you undecided
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
These ones are for meats, just as cow for meats.
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by mank1234(m): 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
sonnie10:

Are you sure you read what I wrote? Show me where I said that eating dog meat is wrong or right.

How did [b]you [/b]pass WEAC comprehension part? Can't you differentiate between the different processes in a simply story?

Are you that inhumane that you are blind to the massage in what I wrote?

Bros, your statement suggest that sentiment. Period. Learn to argue without insulting people.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
mank1234:

We've domesticated birds, cat and some other animals too. And they were family pets too, therefore people should not kill and eat these animals also. Even the flowers that beautified our garden shouldn't have been made to give way for our boys quarter.
What a fallacious statement!

I'm not going down the thinly veiled and salacious pro-vegetarian path you seem to want to travel.

I get off the bus here.

Have a nice Sunday.
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by sonnie10: 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
mank1234:

Bros, your statement suggest that sentiment. Period. Learn to argue without insulting people.

Do you know that they are people who eat dog meat but do not like the method they use in killing them .

You can't assume and conclude on what people meant to say because you are not a mind reader.
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by idongesit88: 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
never jam beta dog Wer go show u pepper b4 u kill am

Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
Scatterscatter:
Sincerely, there should be a law that forbids killing of dogs for food. If you've witnessed the way dogs scream before they die, you will understand better. Dogs are very sweet, warm and loyal.This is so sad embarassed
I prefer cats.
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Thomath(m): 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
Please do this for your boy
Vote Adenigba Oluwafemi as the "social media personnel" in this category
http://decidevote.com/amatechs-5-social-media-personnel-adenigba-oluwafemi I need your vote to win

N.B you can vote everyday with many browsers
Thanks
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by mank1234(m): 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
sonnie10:

Do you know that they are people who eat dog meat but do not like the method they use in killing them .

You can't assume and conclude on what people meant to say because you are not a mind reader.

Ok. Then you would have pointed him to that rather than insult.

Apology for making that assumption too.
Re: Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by mank1234(m): 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I'm not going down the thinly veiled and salacious pro-vegetarian path you seem to want to travel.

I get off the bus here.

Have a nice Sunday.

Not going pro-vegetarian path, bro.
Tried to point out that eating family pet (dog, cat, etc) is not in any way different from eating bush meat. Societies that don't eat snake disdain those that eat snake; same with cat, dog, monkey etc
We should rather be concern with: if it has nutritional values or side effects to health. If you want to research about societies that eat dog that's not bad but when you try to portray those societies as bad that's wrong and immature.

Having armed ourselves with these knowledge, we should learn to respect other people's food and culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die / The World’s Most Expensive Wedding Cake Was Made In Dubai(photos) / See What They Are Selling In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.