Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog (23945 Views)

3 Most Important Things Men Think About - Bamisepeters' Blog / To Cool An Angry Husband Takes No Stress, Just - Bamisepeters' Blog / Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
Muafrika2:

Can you cook a proper Nigerian soup? undecided

I can't cook angry

But I love to eat smiley
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
raayah:
No, wife has to cook, clean, bath and do all house work. Doesn't matter if she's working 8-5. Husband just needs sex and food.

And what happens when the wife has to...say...go into hospital, or go on a prolonged visit?

House cleans itself?

(This is the 21st century, not the 35th!)

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by thorpido(m): 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
Share house chores,YES........equally.....I don't agree.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by martineverest(m): 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
No..... Some are meant for the wife and the other for the husband... But any of them can take up another's role when he or she is not available.

In a very good cook, I can play the role of a cook when my wife isn't avaliable... After all, I ate My father's food more than my mother before he died

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by brain247(m): 6:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
Am married,and i assist my wife in the house chores,whenever i am free,and if i notice that she is stressed up. There is no big deal about that.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
Is it right? What kind of question is that? As long as you are living in a house, you are going to do some chores...

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Victornezzar: 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
According to bubu my wife belongs to the kitchen nd oda room
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by mmsen: 6:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
You need to come to an agreement that works best for you as a couple but it must be an agreement. It can't be by force.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by nabegibeg: 6:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
bamisepeters:
A lady said to me that once she is married, herself and her husband will share the house chores equally especially when they start having children.

I looked at her in amazement and told her that it is very possible she get what she want in her man but she shouldn't be so sure that the particular desire will be granted.

Sharing house chores may work well for some homes especially in western world, but when it comes to house chore, many African men will want to prove to you the reason they are called man,that is when they have so much idea about tradition and culture.

Most men cannot even sweep the floor let alone bath a child. And if you have a man doing some house chores while he was a bachelor and you think that will also still be the case after marriage that should remain in your thought because you know the real identity of each other after the oath has been taken.

Yes, woman are not slaves and shouldn't be treated as one, however, men shouldn't be forced to partake in house chores.

What is the essence of the sharing formula when you still need to go over what he has done because most men cannot do this house chores as neat as a woman can do it.

Personally, i believe a "responsible and caring man" will help you with house chores when he is less busy or when he feels you need to be helped or if his mood allows him.

A responsible man should know how to appreciate and spoil a good woman with gifts and surprises because it is never easy to be a woman who knows her duty.

Men are to provide for the family and if by chance a woman is also providing for the family along with the man as expected by the recent economic brouhaha or whatever the case may be, that doesn't mean that the man should then be forced to do what he doesn't want.

When you fight for equality among genders i just think we need to apply wisdom.

I know many ladies may not agree with my stand and you a free to share your opinion on this issue.

Source: http://bamisepeters..nl/2017/04/is-it-right-to-share-house-chores.html

marry first nah then share your experience later grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
Thank God my boyfriend doesn't share the mentality of nairaland guys undecided undecided. Of course, no biggie in that. Marriage should be fun and not based solely on rules and regulations

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Stevoohlicent(m): 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
y not understanding is the fruit....
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
nabegibeg:

marry first nah then share your experience later grin
thats true, maybe she will just be able to share the experience to those of same mindset.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Sarah20A(f): 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
pocohantas:
No...
The wife should do it alone, get old, always tired...with strained waist...then the husband will go get a side chick. wink
you need jik to wash your brain
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by kolnel: 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
Yes and no
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Jay542(m): 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
It is definitely right. They own the home together. It breeds togetherness and understanding.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by treelz(m): 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
E no matter, it depends on who the highest shareholder is
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
NubiLove:
Is it right? What kind of question is that? As long as you are living in a house, you are going to do some chores...
we don't think the same way na, i know it's nothing for me to do house chores but you know we have several kinds of men, with different upbringing and ideology.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I can't cook angry

But I love to eat smiley
grin
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by ziga: 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
damilolammm:
Okay yeah, but then, there should be a limit at which this would be done...
I know of a husband who does everything to please his wife, cook for her and all, because they were just wedded!

Couple of months after ho-rny moon, husband got busy with work, couldn't make the meals any more, wife started nagging she has changed and all that, she's cheating, she's this, she's that, she's kinikan. Bla blah blah.

Bottom line is, there should be a limit a which the husband does these things undecided

Is that clear? undecided

PS: Don't quote me!!!

MEANWHILE
[b]
[color=#990000]
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by pocohantas(f): 6:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
Sarah20A:
LOL...Sarah that's sarcasm na...
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Jay542(m): 6:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
Sarah20A:
Light throwback. Hypo ti takeover.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by SeKTo(m): 6:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
of course they all have a role to play
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Apina(m): 6:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
The world doesn't smile on men who cannot provide for their families. I see no reason why a woman would wanna distract her man from his primary duty with house chores. This doesn't mean the man cannot ASSIST in and around the home. It would only be foolish for a woman to burden her husband with something as trivial as chores when she's supposed to be a helper, lightening his burden.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 6:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
keepingmum:
Is it right for you to poke nose into how other couples choose to live their life?
Learn to mind your business
Don't be like this, people can also learn from you.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by emerged01(m): 6:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
As a father of one I do the followings:
Cook when she is not at home;
Look after my kid;
Wash his "bumbum" when he poo in my wife absence.
I do these things in her absence. My core duties are;filing the gas cyclinder, buy fuel for gen, fixing faulty things in the house and so on.
Well, wives have a lot responsibilities more than the men,so we must help them.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
Wipe a dish kwa
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by FearlessDapsin(m): 6:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
*In Mace Yoda's voice* Sharing house chores, I can't, assisting her with house chores, I will. *walks outta thread*
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Thank God I only date men who can cook!! I love my Ekiti afonja boo!! kiss

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
Jay542:

Light throwback. Hypo ti takeover.
you can use hypo that's the best in such cases
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
eyinjuege:
I'm sure a lot of women would be happy to be house wives doing all the chores in their mansions, using the latest G-wagons, wearing the latest Brazilian weaves, using I phone 7, and upgrading to the latest iphones as soon as it comes oyt .
Of course this should be all courtesy of their wonderful all providing husbands.

Sighssss... If wishes were horses, beggers would ride.
Women have decided to face the reality heads-on that men cannot be the ultimate providers the world would want them to be. Most understand men are not super human, and cannot cope alone providing for the homes. Many women have taken the role of even sole providers, and co providers.

Why is it so difficult for some men to accord their women the same help and assistance in the home? How would you and your wife both with jobs that are needed to live comfortably as a family expect not to offer assistance in house chores and the homefront.
Is she a robot/machine? Even robots need rest and regular servicing. Do you want to kill her?
It borders on wickedness and even plain evil.
I'm sure her parents that raised her will not be happy knowing she's working her butt off, gets stuck in traffic and gets home late by 10pm, and starts running around trying to cook something for the oga at the top who got home 6pm, but who's not oga enough to provide all the needs of his family.
Anyway, in the real world, the men know when to step in and assist at home, they are hands on parents who take care if their own children.
As if men were not cleaning their homes and feeding themselves before getting married.
thank you for taking your time to type this. If a woman must join in providing for the family the man should not find it hard to help her too.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mother Tattooed Her Son's Face On Her Back (Photo) / If Your Grandma Slaps Your Mum In Your Presence What Will You Do? / Parent(s) Laying Curses On Their Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.