Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,524 members, 7,801,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog (23918 Views)

3 Most Important Things Men Think About - Bamisepeters' Blog / To Cool An Angry Husband Takes No Stress, Just - Bamisepeters' Blog / Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
I see no wisdom in "sharing" house chores but I think every responsible man will assist/work with his wife in fixing house chores.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Zulu212: 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
A portion of the bible book of proverbs says that a capable wife gets up early in the morning and does her chores. And makes her husbands mean she even acquires a field and plants on it to feed her household..Didn't mention that she wakes up in the morning and hares the chores with her husband

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
pocohantas:
No...
The wife should do it alone, get old, always tired...with strained waist...then the husband will go get a side chick. wink
lol.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Originalsly: 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
Hmmm.....share the household chores equally when married..... and we wonder why some women are not married. Let us know if and when she gets married and to whom or what.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
I will willingly would help out.
She's my wife, partner & mother of my kids after all.

But if wifey insists like it's a power sharing formula when I don't share her money...

If it's the Western world, this topic won't even come up. Na feminists go deal with you.

My only issue is - I wouldn't take orders. Manner of approach matters. Ask nicely and not like giving instructions to a house boy.
That's true. Manner of approach is a huge determinant. As per feminist of the western world i will handle them grin . Thank you for your time.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Jman06(m): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
Only lazy men find it hard to do house chores.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
mifavour:
I don't know about others o but my husband and I work together. If I'm cooking, he's cleaning the house. if I'm bathing the baby, he's dressing him up.

A WOMAN THAT DOESN'T RECEIVE ASSISTANCE FROM HER HUSBAND SHOULD BE PITIED.
pitied is an understatement.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
No it should be out of the man's discretion and volition,but there are times it will be very necessary for the man to do it doesn't make you less a man
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by mustybaba55(m): 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
RUBBISH
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by niceguy7(m): 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
It is right.. ..you married a wife and not a slave.. .

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
Pureheart91:
embarassed And how did this get to FP.....are u sure dis bloggers aren't the Mods....

Op the blogger abeg park well
people are talking and others are learning, what else do you want in a FP material? You just need to lighten up the mood once in a while, we don't do copy and paste and this is how to respond the little my diary offers? Well your response means a lot to me. Thanks.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by yomi007k(m): 7:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
raayah:
No, wife has to cook, clean, bath and do all house work. Doesn't matter if she's working 8-5. Husband just needs sex and food.
tongue

Lets get married.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
Is it right to share the chores? Hmm, let's see. I'd say yes- one one condition. Both adults also have jobs. It doesn't matter who earns more. If both adults leave for work and both have typical 9 to 5 jobs, then yes, they should share the house chores proportionally as they deem fit. But I will object very strongly to a situation where a working man is asked to share housework with a stay-at-home wife. That's completely ridiculous to me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by RaeMystix: 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
Absolutely.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by tartarus(m): 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
TrumporIdie:
If he assists with chores, she should assist with financial needs of the house as well.
Where have you been? This is 2017!!! A lot of women already assist financially undecided
So men should also assist with house chores!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
I don't think it should be shared. I believe the partners are matured. The man to do the bulky work while the woman do the easy ones like cooking and others. And any other ones can be done together with love. In my family ,I and my wife does almost every work together, it is fun.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Reference(m): 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
The use and application of a thing depends on the inherent value of a thing. Let me put it in context. If Dangote's wife or Pastor Adeboye's wife or President Buhari's wife knows what she does now before of shortly after she met her man, would she insist they did house chores. Will she not consider that an impediment to potential, a crass waste of opportunity and misplaced priority. She will total the years on such 'mundane' tasks and ponder just how much more could have been achieved if only he left the broom and the baby for her.

If only people, young men and women could visualise and conceptualize a future of great exploits and endeavours such silly, stupid and mundane questions and decisions will not arise.

Quite frankly I will not even wish to be associated with anyone who thinks at that level no matter the depths of depravity that may reflect my humble beginnings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by MrHighSea: 7:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
raayah:
No, wife has to cook, clean, bath and do all house work. Doesn't matter if she's working 8-5. Husband just needs sex and food.
ur d real dota of ur fada.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
godsluvee:
Thank God my boyfriend doesn't share the mentality of nairaland guys undecided undecided. Of course, no biggie in that. Marriage should be fun and not based solely on rules and regulations

your boyfriend is pretending... grin when the time comes, you will pound yam for egwusi soup grin
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Castorinho: 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Eroms4life17(m): 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
Doing house chores in marriage is my own little way of appreciation for all the good domestic help my wife will give me. But she must not make it compulsory duty or mockery else, Na the end be that oh.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
onyenze123:

your boyfriend is pretending... grin when the time comes, you will pound yam for egwusi soup grin
He isn't.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by omoiyamayor(m): 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
I can do that but not with a lazy woman,exercising at home won't b bad at all than sitting with big belly and lazy brain fighting for the bigger meat.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Kaycee7(m): 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
Reference:
The use and application of a thing depends on the inherent value of a thing. Let me put it in context. If Dangote's wife or Pastor Adeboye's wife or President Buhari's wife knows what she does now before of shortly after she met her man, would she insist they did house chores. Will she not consider that an impediment to potential, a crass waste of opportunity and misplaced priority. She will total the years on such 'mundane' tasks and ponder just how much more could have been achieved if only he left the broom and the baby for her.

If only people, young men and women could visualise and conceptualize a future of great exploits and endeavours such silly, stupid and mundane questions and decisions will not arise.

Quite frankly I will not even wish to be associated with anyone who thinks at that level no matter the depths of depravity that may reflect my humble beginnings.
So what's ur point exactly?
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by delishpot: 8:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
To each his own. If a man is working but needs some extra income and his wife is also working, is it right for her to contribute to the family ukeep?
It s the same thing as house chores. What eve formula r suits and relives the burden on both partners should be applied wether financial or domestic level.
Back in the day, women lived with extended family so there were plenty money for hands to support, older cousins or nieces and nephews helped baby sit while wives go do chores. Grand mothers help too. It was division of labour among family members. Today, the burden falls upon the shoulders of both partners to make things work. If the Man doesn't have a very tasking job, then he can support his wife. If he does have a tasking job and the wife is a stay at home mom, then she should not demand that he does chores unless he decides to but.... He should understand wth her if some things are left unattended for a while if they both work then they should share chores to help relieve the burden from the wife.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
So wait a minute? Some questions should not even be asked! If house chores isn't shared, then one person is expected to be responsible abi? Mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by sonnie10: 8:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
There is limit to everything.

The problem starts like this; From washing your own cloth, then she throws in one handkerchief

Next time she adds a few blouses

After that, a few skirts are introduced into the pack the next time.

Before you know it, the pants are included.

Then, you become aware that you cannot finish what you started.

Yes, it is called testing the boundaries

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by delishpot: 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
sonnie10:
There is limit to everything.

The problem starts like this; From washing your own cloth, then she throws in one handkerchief

Next time she adds a few blouses

After that, a few skirts are introduced into the pack the next time.

Before you know it, the pants are included.

Then, you become aware that you cannot finish what you started.

Yes, it is called testing the boundaries

Will the world end if he tells her he would not wash her clothes?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by placeofallure(f): 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
This is definitely not about sharing anything. Now if you love your partner, how do you feel to watch her strain and cave in under the stress of house chores? How do you like it to see him distressed and wearied over unending bills and debts. If you can seriously turn your face and feign ignorance of any of these, then you have no business being together, how much more as husband and wife.

My home has kinda risen above this. We both do the needful as the need arises. He helps with chores when he senses I need the help, I don't need to ask. Of course I help with the bills too when he needs me to, c'est finni!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bezimo(m): 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
Any girl that carry this kind mentality in our African culture will run into unnecessary problems.

By default african mode the wife owns the home and takes care of every, the guy provides for the home in it's totality.A wife cannot determine to her husband to do this and that in the home like chores.Nope...

But the guy can use his discretion from time to time to help his wife for instance in taking care of baby, helping his wife when she is pregnant like in cooking and shopping or just when she just delivered or occasionally depending on how she puts her request to him.

In the Western culture you can yarn this and be fine with your partner based on equality of rights mentality which often serves as a catalyst for divorce with is unfortunately rampant among them.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by maasoap(m): 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
Feminists have taken over. Only married women and men on nairaland and in this thread know how d thing dey go in their homes.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Divay22(f): 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
After all the hectic day with work and kids he wee na come in the night for a movie ticket abi angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry let him comma collect lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Marital "Nevers" / 21 Questions To Ask The Man Or Woman You Want To Marry / Parent(s) Laying Curses On Their Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.