Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:10 PM

Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) (30293 Views)

Husband And Wife Fight Over $300 In Front Of Their Young Children / Disgrace! Husband & Wife Fight In Public, Exchange Blows. Wife Wins? (Pix Video) / Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by dre11(m): 6:35am On Apr 03, 2017
Afeez Hanafi

The 21- year- old marriage between Mrs . Ovi Onoberhie and a retired naval officer , Captain Diamond Onoberhie, is on the line after the man allegedly beat up his wife on the premises of their son ’ s school in the Anthony area of Lagos.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the couple had enjoyed a good relationship for years until the wife decided to take up a job in an airline company sometime in 2012 to the disapproval of her husband.

It was gathered that Ovi’ s insistence to work with the airline resulted in disagreements.
Matters came to a head sometime in 2016 when the retired captain sold their house and took custody of the 10-year- old son , Dominic.

On December 15, 2016, she was said to have gone to visit the boy in the school , Apostolic Faith Secondary School, when the husband, who was a serving officer then, intercepted her on the school premises.

He allegedly beat her up and left with Dominic.
The incident was reported to the police at the Anthony division and the mother of four children was directed to a hospital for treatment.

The case was later transferred to the state police command, Ikeja.

The 42- year- old said she wrote a petition to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, on the matter on January 6, through the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team.

A copy of the petition, obtained by PUNCH Metro , showed that it was acknowledged on January 13.

Ovi said , “I have been married to my husband for 21 years. When things were not going on fine in the family, I decided to pick up a job against my husband ’ s will and he decided to punish me for that by leaving me with all the financial responsibilities in the family.

“ On several occasions, he beat me mercilessly. After registering our last son, Dominic, in Apostolic Faith Secondary School, Anthony, I was refused access to him by the principal of the school, who said he acted on my husband ’s instructions. I called my husband and he said he could do whatever he liked. All efforts to get my son from him were frustrated.

“ Later , I was invited by the school chaplain, Rev. Ayo Adeyemo, on a vacation day to see my son . My husband got angry on seeing me with Dominic in the school’s garage and beat me up. I screamed in pain and that attracted other parents, the school management and security men.

“ At this time , I was bleeding and begged the reverend to call the police, but he refused. I held onto my son and the school authorities took him from me into a building. Later, they brought him out and forced him into my husband ’ s car and his driver drove off. ”

Ovi explained that the CP directed the Area F Command to investigate the matter, and her husband was invited by the police, but he did not show up.

“ The case was later transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba, but till date, nothing has been done . Since he abducted my son, I have not been allowed to see him or talk to him on the phone.

“My husband , some naval officers and hoodlums stormed our house on Tokunbo Street, Alagomeji, Yaba, and ejected me out of the house. I was beaten to the extent that I suffered a dislocation in my waist. I was admitted in a hospital for two weeks, ” she added.

But the husband described Ovi’ s allegations as baseless, saying that she was the one who started a fight in the school and assaulted the school’ s security men.

He said, “ All that she said is far from the truth . Is it possible that I abduct my son? I am his father, so how will I abduct him from his school? It was agreed that the child ( Dominic) should not be released to her because she does not have moral inspiration to take care of him.

“I am now a retired naval officer, and as a result of the economic situation in the country, I decided to relocate to an apartment that I can afford in Badagry , and I don’ t see this as an issue . She packed from Badagry herself.

“ Nobody invited me . I was even the one who took the matter to Zone 2, Onikan, and she did not honour the police invitation. ”

The school chaplain, Rev . Adeyemo, told our correspondent that there was indeed a fight between Diamond and Ovi on that day, saying that the husband had instructed the management not to allow the wife to take their son.

“ We told the wife not to take the child anymore but she came . When the couple met here to pick the child on the vacation day, they engaged in a hot argument which we tried to settle. In the long run, the whole issue turned out to be a serious fight at our school park; but in the end, we were able to mediate.

“The school management decided that the child should not be allowed to resume for another session except it gets an undertaking from the parents’ lawyer and the state government, ” he said.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Olarinde Famous -Cole , promised that the command would investigate the case.

He said, “ Any petition dropped at the office of the Commissioner of Police, when approved, will be assigned for investigation. The case will be investigated. ”

http://punchng.com/ex-naval-captain-wife-fight-over-sons-custody/

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by INTROVERT(f): 6:35am On Apr 03, 2017
This is one side of the story.... We need to hear the husbands side and the schools side before we conclude.

13 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by kingphilip(m): 6:36am On Apr 03, 2017
This is the typical love gone sour story.. Things are better achieved by dialogue and understanding of both parties than with violence.. It doesn't show a sign of weakness but a sign of maturity

May our marriages not end in chaos and disasters

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Kondomatic(m): 6:39am On Apr 03, 2017
Too bad
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by eleko1: 6:45am On Apr 03, 2017
sad she doesn't deserve this barbaric act.She want to work to free u from burden, u nor gree. Give her money?mbah! u instead flogged her.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by adorablepepple(f): 6:48am On Apr 03, 2017
INTROVERT:
This is one side of the story.... We need to hear the husbands side and the schools side before we conclude.
Did you read everything up there at all?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by adorablepepple(f): 6:51am On Apr 03, 2017
Disobedience is the root of all these problem, and madam couldn't manage with Oga since he is retired....... women these days everything is domestic violence mtceeew

To all of you trolling me and quoting my comment, it's my opinion and i thought about the whole scenario up there before airing my view........ my brain is not programmed to believe every domestic violence story because nowadays women use domestic violence as a weapon....

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by DickDastardly(m): 6:55am On Apr 03, 2017
DO NOT DISOBEY YOUR HUSBAND OR RATHER NOT GET MARRIED AT ALL.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by northvietnam(m): 7:00am On Apr 03, 2017
wicked woman
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Ashleydolls(f): 7:01am On Apr 03, 2017
adorablepepple:
Disobedience is the root of all these problem, and madam couldn't manage with Oga since he is retired....... women these days everything is domestic violence mtceeew
Coming from a woman like you who would be married someday There are always three sides to a story. Your side, my side and the truth. You don't know the truth don't start acting like you do

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Ashleydolls(f): 7:01am On Apr 03, 2017
northvietnam:
wicked woman
Wicked really? Did you read the whole story at all?

11 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by northvietnam(m): 7:15am On Apr 03, 2017
Ashleydolls:
Wicked really? Did you read the whole story at all?

why did she leave her home after 21 years of marriage...

after 21 years of marriage..

she's a wicked woman

10 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Ashleydolls(f): 7:21am On Apr 03, 2017
northvietnam:

why did she leave her home after 21 years of marriage...

after 21 years of marriage..

she's a wicked woman
As expected y"all are still gonna blame the woman. Typical robots made and programmed by the society

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by samtol4(m): 7:25am On Apr 03, 2017
DickDastardly:
A wife is not housemaid or school pupil ,a woman is a co pilot i n a marriage .The man is wicked

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Young03(m): 7:31am On Apr 03, 2017
U disobeyed ur husband by taking a job he didnt approve
madam,na u put d son for d school?
Well make court settle una matter

2 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by thorpido(m): 7:44am On Apr 03, 2017
Why would the man stop her from taking up the job?The most probable reason is to dominate her.
It's shameful fighting in your son's school and embarrasing the poor boy amongst his peers.
Just go to court and get justice.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by DickDastardly(m): 7:49am On Apr 03, 2017
samtol4:
A wife is not housemaid or school pupil ,a woman is a co pilot i n a marriage .The man is wicked
Every marriage is unique, just like our faces are all different. You can only know much about yours. Man knows his wife better and reasons he didnt want her to work. Woman should have pushed her case than outrightly disobeying hubby to start that work. There lies the root of their marital crisis. If God bless you with a virtuous wife, remain thankful to him. Most women nowadays see marriage as Status but are not ready to stick to its age long tenets. They only drag men into it for bragging rights. You cannot go against the head of the family and expect peace. I am yet to see where i wrote what warranted your line of response though. Unless you believe man and woman are equal heads of a family, i then advice you go for baby mamas if you havent dabbled into matrimony already. Its people like you that give men and marriage bad name.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Berbierklaus(f): 8:03am On Apr 03, 2017
A man that feels threatened by his wife's success is he worst man to marry,a man that wouldn't allow his wife achieve something with her life but will always want to oppress and suppress her is the worst to marry.

Young girls that feels he loves them when he says I don't want your to work I pity you people.
Some men will not be able to cater for all the responsibilities of the family but will feel threatened if their wife decides to work.
God bless Ngozi Okonjo's husband and very other man that stood behind great women we know today.

@ story,let the court decide,hope she has enough money to fight for justice,if not let her run to Facebook and search for FIN,they will help her

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by adorablepepple(f): 8:03am On Apr 03, 2017
Ashleydolls:
Coming from a woman like you who would be married someday There's always three side to a story. Your side, my side and the truth. You don't know the truth so don't start acting as if you do.
When the woman says she suffered domestic violence you all jump like it tickles you somewhere, if my comment was otherwise I guess you won't say all you saying now...

10 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Sunnymatey(m): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2017
I wont blame the man. Wives should submit to their husbands no matter what. My business is crumbling today cus l granted my wife permission to work in a distance of about 6-7 hours journey after she refused to be persuaded. I pay my rent and hers, send money for feeding weekly cus her salary is way too small and most time not even paid for a period of 7 months. If l had stopped her, the whole world would have heard and blamed me. Now to even afford my rent is a problem. My advice to wives is, if a man ask u not to work, ask him for reasons and if they're cogent enough then go with him.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Kondomatic(m): 8:27am On Apr 03, 2017
Berbierklaus:
A man that feels threatened by his wife's success is he worst man to marry,a man that wouldn't allow his wife achieve something with her life but will always want to oppress and suppress her is the worst to marry.

Young girls that feels he loves them when he says I don't want your to work I pity you people.
Some men will not be able to cater for all the responsibilities of the family but will feel threatened if their wife decides to work.
God bless Ngozi Okonjo's husband and very other man that stood behind great women we know today.

@ story,let the court decide,hope she has enough money to fight for justice,if not let her run to Facebook and search for FIN,they will help her
You are not going to work sha

5 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Berbierklaus(f): 8:42am On Apr 03, 2017
Kondomatic:
You are not going to work sha

Who wan work before grin

As long as the man is ready to take care of ALL responsibilities without defaulting wink

2 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by northvietnam(m): 8:43am On Apr 03, 2017
Ashleydolls:
As expected y"all are still gonna blame the woman. Typical robots made and programmed by the society

Aunty I just asked u a simple question...

I have seen women been through worse and still kept their Cool...

2 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Kondomatic(m): 9:43am On Apr 03, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Who wan work before grin

As long as the man is ready to take care of ALL responsibilities without defaulting wink

Why is the all in capital letters?

Any hidden charges?

1 Like

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by ChiefSweetus: 10:05am On Apr 03, 2017
Lowkey sounds like a frivolous, mendacious and scornful woman.

The child is better off resuming at another school because even if this incident doesnt bring overt insults from his peers, fear of it happening will forever erode his confidence and make him walk on eggshells, thus affecting his development.

I'm a parent, I'm a parent... see your lives?! "Grown up" is an oxymoron. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by charlove(m): 10:07am On Apr 03, 2017
INTROVERT:

go back and read the story!
this time press 'on' at the left side of your brain. .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by makers360: 10:08am On Apr 03, 2017
Sorry first. But for now let's start the voting.

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by charlove(m): 10:09am On Apr 03, 2017
DickDastardly:

Do not disregard ur wife
or rather not get married at all

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by buchilino(m): 10:11am On Apr 03, 2017
eleko1:
sad she doesn't deserve this barbaric act.She want to work to free u from burden, u nor gree. Give her money?mbah! u instead flogged her.

I DON'T SUPPORT BRUTALITY IN ANYWAY, BUT PRAY U DON'T MARRY A CRAZY PARTNER, COS DATS WEN U WILL UNDERSTAND LOTS OF THINGS ABOUT MARRIAGE.

1 Like

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by wiloy2k8(m): 10:11am On Apr 03, 2017
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Disowns Her 53-year-old Son Through Newspaper Advert. Photo / My Experience With A Widower. All Men Are The Same / Port Harcourt Based Couple And Their Quadruplets (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.