Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? (10234 Views)

Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? / 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Webman007: 10:42am On Apr 03, 2017
Please house i need your advice. A friend who works in a real estate on the island here in Lagos, came to me over the weekend to seek for my advice on what to do about his job as his considering quitting...reasons being that

*Over the past few days, his boss the MD of the company have been on his case, complaining about his output, increased monitoring of his daily activities and using words like 'Am tired of you', 'You're inefficient' etc

* Recently he had a fallout with his direct boss in the office, who in turn issued him a query

He has being working on a business idea for sometime and have even registered the business, what is remaining is for him to launch out. He's thinking of quitting rather than wait to be sacked. is his fears correct? or should he stay on, improve on his work delivery, smoothing things with his oga's and then ease out quietly or wait to be sacked?

The house, i need your help on this one..
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 03, 2017
Webman007:
Please house i need your advice. A friend who works in a real estate on the island here in Lagos, came to me over the weekend to seek for my advice on what to do about his job as his considering quitting...reasons being that

*Over the past few days, his boss the MD of the company have been on his case, complaining about his output, increased monitoring of his daily activities and using words like 'Am tired of you', 'You're inefficient' etc

* Recently he had a fallout with his direct boss in the office, who in turn issued him a query

He has being working on a business idea for sometime and have even registered the business, what is remaining is for him to launch out. He's thinking of quitting rather than wait to be sacked. is his fears correct? or should he stay on, improve on his work delivery, smoothing things with his oga's and then ease out quietly or wait to be sacked?

The house and @Lalasticlala i need your help on this one..
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 03, 2017
Webman007:

The house and @Lalasticlala i need your help on this one..

Sack is imminent. Either your friend sack the oga or d oga will sack him soon cos that's the attitude of Nigerian CEOs.
I'll advise he plan very well then sack his oga!

8 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Webman007: 11:27am On Apr 03, 2017
excellence44:

Sack is imminent. Either your friend sack the oga or d oga will sack him soon cos that's the attitude of Nigerian CEOs.
I'll advise he plan very well then sack his oga!

That's obvious...he has been asked to write his appraisal and submit all the companies data (information's) at his disposal for verification....The signs are clear
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by MrEgbegbe(m): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2017

Nothing on earth would stop his boss from sacking him

He should steal as much as he can from the goat face boss and leave him to die

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Ukoju: 11:57am On Apr 03, 2017
By 4pm

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by BiafranBushBoy: 11:57am On Apr 03, 2017
Don't go yet!!

Frustrate them... Make them bleed. Punish them!

Then when they are still reluctant to sack you, move straight to your boss office and tell him a Huge " Fvck You" in the face and storm outta the office.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Chiefpriest1(m): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2017
He should ask himself what has changed. Did the 'hatred' just start overnight or it was a build-up.

My feeling is that he's getting distracted by this his proposed personal business. After all, all your bosses cannot be wrong at once.

If you are convinced, maybe you should take the plunge and go start your own stuff.

But what I don't like is when people take decisions and then start regretting the next day, blaming everybody except themselves.

Weigh your options carefully. When you decide, you must stick with the plan. No pity party.

On the alternative, you can improve on your work in the office and win back the confidence of your bosses.

The country is not smiling. Leaving a job that pays your bills in an economy that squeezes your resolve is a difficult decision.

8 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Mrgross: 11:58am On Apr 03, 2017
When u gets a better one in all ramifications
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by tonychristopher: 11:59am On Apr 03, 2017
Webman007:

One thing he must understand and every salary earner must understand is that at a point in life....you will leave that job

No guts no glory
I can take anything from my boss but not bruising my ego n dignity

This is the time

No venture no success

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by vicola0281: 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
he should leave d company or wait to be evicted like bally
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by GloriaNinja(f): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
That's what am thinking now sef, as for me, I will quit the job and take time in inventing something better for myself.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
Still typing...
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by kingphilip(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
Is he financially stable to start up his own and make his business ideas commence and continue on good footing??

If the answer to that question is no, I rather he remains in the employment gather more experiences and finances to survive

But it's better he breaks away on a good footing other than this way.

I wish him the very best in his endeavors though

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by sisisioge: 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hmmm...in my opinion, most employees leave bad bosses not bad jobs. If the ogas are overbearing and making life difficult for him, biko advise him to leave.

Although, he needs to consider a lot before doing so. Can he conveniently support himself while he floats his own business? If he can, let him go ahead. If not, insult no dey grow for body. Let him stay put. If they eventually sack him, at least he would be paid some severance and he doesn't need their reference.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Tenim47(m): 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2017
cool whenever you saw vacancy at oil nd gas
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by MrGreenMavro: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
angry
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by MrImole: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
10days away from collecting your first salary...

It depends on the type of job.

There is nothing better than being paid for doing nothing.

Posted from my Nokia E5

May God provide a better android for me.
*sobs*

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by TheGreatIYANU: 12:08pm On Apr 03, 2017
His mind is no longer in that job. He should quit and FOCUS. I was in same shoes last September... I had to resign... from my Mother's school! The road WILL BE ROUGH, but if he is focused, committed and determined in his business, he will Succeed.

Let him read Proverbs 22:29

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Nasri100(m): 12:08pm On Apr 03, 2017
when you get another
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Sagacity07: 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
F
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Endtimesmith(m): 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
A stitch in time saves nine..think about these.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by saydfact(m): 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
Webman007:

He shd work on his productivity and try to confirm his Ogas about himself - If he cant deal with 2 Ogas, i wonder how he'll deal with multiple Ogas (clients) when he kicks off his business.

Goodluck, whatever his decision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Kobicove(m): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
When you stop rising
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by NotNairalandi(m): 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
There is always a time to leave! but no time is guaranteed

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by NotNairalandi(m): 12:18pm On Apr 03, 2017
Webman007:

Now is the right time!
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Webman007: 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
tonychristopher:

One thing he must understand and every salary earner must understand is that at a point in life....you will leave that job

No guts no glory
I can take anything from my boss but not bruising my ego n dignity

This is the time

No venture no success

Thanks bro, He has to jump if need be....
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Webman007: 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

Nothing on earth would stop his boss from sacking him

He should steal as much as he can from the goat face boss and leave him to die

Exactly
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Webman007: 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
Kobicove:
When you stop rising

Abi
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
Stop competing with your boss's female crush at the office.Face your task.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by Webman007: 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2017
TheGreatIYANU:
His mind is no longer in that job. He should quit and FOCUS. I was in same shoes last September... I had to resign... from my Mother's school! The road WILL BE ROUGH, but if he is focused, committed and determined in his business, he will Succeed.

Let him read Proverbs 22:29

Exactly.....

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave Your Job? by wedeonline(m): 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
Webman007:

[b][/b]

I think he should stay and work on the issues his boss is pointing out. The road to being a successful entrepreneur is not all rosy. Never be in a hurry to start. Sometimes we are blinded to our short comings as individuals, that when others try to point it out to us we take offence and want to quit. The truth is that he may not appreciate the scolding of his boss now, cos learning is always an inconveniencing process. If he hangs on, try to change and eventually becomes better he will realise that which he learnt from his bosses' correction will be core to helping his entrepreneurial journey. One of the major reason we dont have entrepreneurs that stand the test of time is that everybody is in a hurry to lead and dont want to serve. My advice is serve first and you rule longer..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Access Bank Front Line Intern Aptitude Test 2018 / Marketing Or Engineering, Which Should I Choose? / Promotion Racket Rocks Road Safety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.