Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,675 members, 7,805,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses (25549 Views)

The Interiors Of The New Lagos Danfo Buses (Photos) / 8 Safety Tips For Mothers Who Board Danfo Buses With Their Kids / 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by Donald3d(m): 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2017

[url=buzznigeria.com]Image Credit[/url]
Danfo buses have become a part of our lives in Lagos .You can't avoid Danfo buses except you have a car.Even when you have a car ,circumstances might warrant boarding a Danfo.

One thing that is very important in transportation is safety.Most Danfo users don't take this into consideration .So what are the things we do that threaten our safety ?.Lets look into some of them.

1.Rushing And Jumping Into The Bus

Most of us are guilty of this .But its actually very dangerous ,people have died in the process of rushing into a moving or stationary Danfo .Please try to be patient and take your time .Your life is more important than where you are going to.

2.Sitting In Front Directly Beside The Driver

Well,let me break it down.You know that position beside the driver with an improvised seat.Yeah its extremely dangerous ,incase of an accident, whoever is on that seat would most likely be the first and most fatal victim.

3.Arguing With Conductors

Plain and simple ,this people are not always in their right senses.They smoke all sort of things ,plus the stress they go through.Its enough to make a human act crazy.People have actually died fighting with conductors ,stay safe !.

4.Sitting Close To The Door When Its Open

You wouldn't want to fall out of a fast moving vehicle ,trust me .A lot of people make that mistake and some of them do this fully glued to their phones.Always ask the conductor to close the door .

5.Not Speaking Up When The Driver Is Drinking

Most Danfo drivers and conductors would always seek for some form of "upliftment".Especially in those tiny sachets .

No matter how small the quantity of alcohol ,its not safe to drink and drive .So always speak up when you notice the driver drinking or alight and enter another bus.

What do you think folks .

Have a thing or two to add ?.

We would like to hear from you.

Written by Donald3d
https://autojosh.com/5-dangerous-things-danfo-buses/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by Bhadmus77(m): 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2017
peeping outta the bus while on motion..we all know the congestions in Lagos.
I made FTC barely 2months as an active member of naira land when some people have been here for so long without this... I dedicate this FTC to victims of meningitis

6 Likes

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by hakeem4(m): 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
The most dangerous this is

Sitting in between two fat Yoruba women

43 Likes

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by frankcell(m): 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
Throwing away dirt from the window

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by MrGreenMavro: 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
6) TELLING THE CONDUCTOR TO KEEP HIS CHANGE BRUH grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by jbkomo(m): 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
Holding ur valuables especially phn and wallet

1 Like

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by NegeduGrace(f): 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
taking out your hand to buy something while vehicle is on speed n boarding the bus with a high currency..it is very very dangerous cos your change go just enter voice mail gringringrin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by lilfreezy: 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
Using your expensive phone in traffic when you know the window is wide open grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by twisteddaNy(m): 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
Lol
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by Ask4bigneyo(m): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by EzigboNwanma(f): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
This is lagos undecided
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by lonelydora: 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by Oladelson(m): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
danfo the strength of lagosians
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by yemmight(m): 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
Pressing our phones when sitting close to the window.
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by ManMountain(m): 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
Paying for lacasera and Gala in a moving traffic or the traffic light is about turning into Green without collecting your change before giving out your N1,000.00 note.
#Sara be your change. cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by tintingz(m): 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
- Sleeping, dozing off in danfo bus.

- Not watchful.
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by swagenity(m): 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
d
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by Gomd: 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
Bleep That Shit,,,,, Na One Thing Go Kill Person
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by kingzjay(m): 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HABITS ONLY UNIQUE TO SOME LAGOSIANS!

THESE THINGS ARE FUN ON A GOOD DAY SHA
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by yemmight(m): 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
Sleeping and Snoring while in the bus.
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by ncesso75(m): 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
Personally I love seating at the middle of a bus
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by ladyF(f): 1:58pm On Apr 03, 2017
1.Rushing And Jumping Into The Bus

Most of us are guilty of this .But its actually very dangerous ,people have died in the process of rushing into a moving or stationary Danfo .Please try to be patient and take your time .Your life is more important than where you are going to.

Lol... Say what? Except you want to wait for hours at the bus stop. Me, na fly i dey fly enter o. No time to waste time... Else i use my bicycle and get to where ayam going. grin

Make i go continue my search for bitcoin... Sell to me biko... N380/$

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by ginajet(f): 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
If Efe is selling 'real', Bisola 'talent', TBoss 'boss Lady', Debie 'DeRisersWorld', wetin Marvis go sell for #GrandFinale? Eba?.......... SMS Vote TBoss to 32052 or download wechat and Vote TBoss.. Give her all your 100 wechat votes oooo
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by dam4wummy(m): 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
cool all these na normal normal naa
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by ManMountain(m): 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
ginajet:
If Efe is selling 'real', Bisola 'talent', TBoss 'boss Lady', Debie 'DeRisersWorld', wetin Marvis go sell for #GrandFinale? Eba?.......... SMS Vote TBoss to 32052 or download wechat and Vote TBoss.. Give her all your 100 wechat votes oooo

That girl can chop for Africa. !!

1 Like

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by Swegzfreak: 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
grin
Make I pitch tent for here

BTW
Swegzfreak:
Buying all types of gift cards ITUNES, AMAZON (with cash reciepts) vanilla visa card (with cash reciept)at 100% best rates.....USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, GERMANY($1000 to 15000 needed every day!).

*Valid physical cards only!
*Get paid to any bank in Nigeria within minutes

No Invalid cards/ Used cards

Trusted, certified and legit buyer..

Contact @ signature

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
Announcing that's you're a JJC;

Even if it's your first time in Lagos don't go shouting it out loud asking for directions, use sense or you've made yourself a victim of criminals.

Taking sides when conductors/drivers and Agberos are fighting;

Keep quiet they will sort themselves out, don't try to settle or take sides with one party while the heat it on, if it gets out of hand you'll lose your teeth or worse. Just alight if it's taking too long.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by Tenim47(m): 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
grin
Re: 5 Dangerous Things We Do In Danfo Buses by DESTINY41(m): 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
[/right]Who can help me solve this riddle below

[right]something must kill a man but not death

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 / 20 Things You Must Know As A Nigerian Before Heading To The UAE. / Which Of These 9 Driving Categories Do You Belong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.