Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Living With Asthma (contd) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Living With Asthma (contd) (906 Views)

South African Lady Living With HIV Says "I Won’t Allow HIV To Limit Me" / Transformation Photos Of A Lady Living With HIV In Nigeria / Ideal Floor Covering For People With Asthma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living With Asthma (contd) by saydfact(m): 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
See previous thread here >>> https://www.nairaland.com/3664366/using-reliever-inhaler-more-than

Please note that, this thread is a guide; it doesn't replace your doctor's advice.

Living with a Asthma.

How do I know of my asthma is getting worse?

To help you manage your asthma and reduce the risk of an asthma attack, it's important to know how to tell if things are getting worse. Asthma attacks are usually the result of gradually worsening symptoms.

Signs that your asthma is getting worse include:

* Needing more and more reliever inhaler
* waking in the night with coughing or wheezing
* Shortness of breath or the feeling of a tight chest
* Having to take time off your usual activities because of your asthma
* Feeling that you can't keep up with your normal activity or exercise

Your Asthma Review
What is an asthma review?
An asthma review is an appointment with your doctor to talk about your asthma and any ways you can manage your symptoms better. Your review is a good chance to help you manage your asthma better.

Why have asthma reviews?
Regular reviews help you keep your asthma under control, meaning you're less likely to have symptoms or an asthma attack.
Some people put up with symptoms like coughing and wheezing. They think it's part of asthma. But with the right treatment, it doesn't have to be.

What happens at my reviews?
Your doctor should:
- Ask you about your asthma symptoms
- Check your peak flow
- Check your inhaler and dose
- Check your inhaler technique
- Update your asthma action plan
- Answer any questions

When should I have a review?
You should have a review at least once a year, even if you feel well. But there are other times you should book a review.

Being prepared for an asthma attack.
Asthma attacks are often the result of a gradual worsening of symptoms over a few days. So if your asthma symptoms are getting worse, don't ignore them.

You can tell you're having an asthma attack if:
- Your reliever inhaler isn't helping
- Your symptoms are getting worse (cough, breathlessness, wheeze or tight chest)
- You're too breathless to speak, eat or sleep
- Your breathing is getting faster and it feels like you can't get your breath in properly.

If you're having an asthma attack, follow this steps.
1. Immediately take 1-2 puffs of your reliever (blue) inhaler.

2. Sit down and try to take slow, steady breathes.

3. If you don't start to feel better, take two more puffs of your reliever inhaler every two minutes. You can take up to ten puffs.

4. If you still don't feel better, call your health care professional or go to the hospital immediately.

Culled: Health Tips on www.palmchatnow.com

Cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like

Re: Living With Asthma (contd) by Phemland(m): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
Asthma is 100% curable. All you need is the right product, no need to waste money on many drugs and hospitals. What you need is SOUL NATURAL HERBAL PRODUCT. Its the best herbal product in the market right now. And the company offers you a 30 days money back if you are not satisfied. This product works like magic. U can type the name "RAIN SOUL" on google and see the testimonies for yourself.

For more details, contact me on 08164718974

Re: Living With Asthma (contd) by saydfact(m): 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2017
OK..
Re: Living With Asthma (contd) by remzik: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2017
I have a drug for it zero eight zero six two five three five three four nine
Re: Living With Asthma (contd) by saydfact(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
remzik:
I have a drug for it zero eight zero six two five three five three four nine

And I was wondering which drug is zero eight.. . grin

(1) (Reply)

Prilosec OTC Acid Reducer For Sale At Micostarmall / The People Immune To The Monkey Pox Are... / Health : The Must Know Effects Goat Meat Can Cause To Man's Sperm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.