Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

To Subscribe To Glo Data Plan - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / To Subscribe To Glo Data Plan (11652 Views)

Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? / How To Subscribe To The Etisalat Blackberry Daily Plans / How Do I Send Credit Frm Glo To Glo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Subscribe To Glo Data Plan by bolu(m): 6:24am On Dec 27, 2009
Pease I'd like to have information on how to subscribe to Glo data plan.

My phone/sim is already enabled.

My challenge it to know how to subscribe to a specific plan just as it is spelt out with MTN and Glo BB service.

I'll like to be on "Always Min". Adequate information would be appreciated
Re: To Subscribe To Glo Data Plan by zenus(m): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2009
Always min is 5k/month

send activate to 127
Re: To Subscribe To Glo Data Plan by bolu(m): 6:38am On Dec 29, 2009
Thanks Zenus. I was @ a gloworld and was there told that the 3g plus service cannot run through the phone, but only through their modem.

According to the attendant, attempt to use the service through phone will attract charges @ per kb.

I believe this is a rip-off to limit one to the modem only. i actually want the access on my phone which can also serve as modem.
Re: To Subscribe To Glo Data Plan by N9528GB: 8:48pm On Dec 29, 2009
bolu:

Thanks Zenus. I was @ a gloworld and was there told that the 3g plus service cannot run through the phone, but only through their modem.

According to the attendant, attempt to use the service through phone will attract charges @ per kb.

I believe this is a rip-off to limit one to the modem only. i actually want the access on my phone which can also serve as modem.

Dont mind them, they want you to force you to buy their modem as u said. I have been using my N95-2 8GB Symbian Phone as a modem for like a year self until I got my unlocked Three UK Modem.

I can assist you but what phone do u make use of?
Re: To Subscribe To Glo Data Plan by bolu(m): 4:25am On Dec 30, 2009
@Zenus
I use Nokia E63. i first thought i could use it to access the BB service, not knowing Nokia has opted to be on its own.
I have gone ahead to have nokia messaging which pushes all my e mails now. The challenge is to have mobile internet access on my phone
Re: To Subscribe To Glo Data Plan by honsule(m): 5:36am On Dec 30, 2009
N95-2 8GB:

I got my unlocked Three UK Modem.

see levels.This guy na big boi o wink wink wink
Re: To Subscribe To Glo Data Plan by N9528GB: 9:54am On Dec 30, 2009
honsule:

see levels.This guy na big boi o wink wink wink

grin Yes na check out the sleek and sexy modem, am thinking of upgrading my modem firmware can you assist me with any information?

Re: To Subscribe To Glo Data Plan by eherbal(m): 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2011
abeg glo dey work wit verizon phones,especially bb
Re: To Subscribe To Glo Data Plan by mightlove(f): 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2012
@bolu:
i use glo mobile data plan on my nokia e-72 and it works for real.whenever i choose to, i use it as a modem on my laptop through the nokia nokia ovi or pc suite. i use always micro however, that costs N1000 for 200MB which is valid for 1 month.
all you need to do is:

send 'menu' as text to 127. it presents you with the menu to choose what you want.

the plan you want is for handset/tablet packs, which is 5.
Now, send '5' as text to 127

it then brings the various options. the option that i am on is always micro which is 53

so just send 53 as text to 127 (make sure you have up to N1000 on your phone and it will be converted to 200MB instantly)
you will then have to change your browsing settings to gloflat, which is the only setting that works with this plan.

go to control panel, then settings, then connection, then destinations, then add new access point or you can edit an already existing one
connection name should be gloflat
access point name: gloflatusername: gloflat
password: flat
dont touch any other thing.
you have to give the gloflat access point the highest priority which means the default access point and you are good to go.
please try these and let me know if you have any issues. I always here to help out.
cheers.
Re: To Subscribe To Glo Data Plan by Sadusalam: 5:41pm On Mar 06, 2012
ok.

(1) (Reply)

Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update / Diary Of A Samsung Note II User / Buy UK USED SAMSUNG & iPhones Phones Ikeja Price & Collect instant Gift.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.