Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

How I Make Okra Soup - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How I Make Okra Soup (1323 Views)

Egusi Is Not Yoruba Or Igbo Soup / Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw / How I Make Egusi Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Make Okra Soup by ewa26: 7:30pm On Apr 03, 2017
ok so for any palm oil/tomato based dish, i swap d red oil-tomato for tomato ketchup .. it just adds to that deep red color and is healthier than too much oil

what i do is grate my okro with either cheese grater or blender till smooth, then i will boil it till all the water dries

in a separate pot put ketchup and a little groundnut oil, now when the groundnut oil sizzle you now add onion, turmeric (gives sweet aroma and flavour), dried or fresh thyme, basil and bay leave on the okro puree, fry fry until the water is dry. then put dry fish and goatmeat and just enough water to cook the orisirisi meet. when that cooks, add crayfish and serve with eba.

thas my own style of cooking it, my mum taught me. different but worth a try and very sweet. what do you guys tink?

note that what you'll do to the ketchup to melt it before the groudnut mix is pur i in pot, mix with hot water SMALL o, and steam it until it melts. then add the groudnut oil and put okro etc as you would

pls someone try it and let me know the results
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by poshestmina(f): 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ketch up and groundnut oil in okro SOUP? ..where are you from?

1 Like

Re: How I Make Okra Soup by sisisioge: 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ha! It is well! Even draw soup don receive oyinbo treatment! Ketchup and groundnut oil? Boil till water dries off? It is well sis.
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by ewa26: 10:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
poshestmina:
Ketch up and groundnut oil in okro SOUP? ..where are you from?

abeg is KETCHUP not ketchup, am a proud nigerian and my tribe cooks good. Be open to food advances
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by poshestmina(f): 10:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
ewa26:

abeg is KETCHUP not ketchup, am a proud nigerian and my tribe cooks good. Be open to food advances
I'll pass .tnx

1 Like

Re: How I Make Okra Soup by ewa26: 10:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
sisisioge:
Ha! It is well! Even draw soup don receive oyinbo treatment! Ketchup and groundnut oil? Boil till water dries off? It is well sis.
abeg sharap!! Come and post beta okra soup recipe if u so good den.
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by ewa26: 11:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
poshestmina:
I'll pass .tnx
all u ppl self wey like only villa food. Groundnut oil and ketchup is what I use now for all my soups and stew based dishes, it's honestly much healthier and better than too much saturated palm oil, thas y I combine peanut oil with ketchup, to get that red look and ir has tomato so is a good and healthy substitute to tinned derica and palm oil
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by sisisioge: 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
ewa26:
abeg sharap!! Come and post beta okra soup recipe if u so good den.

Forkard undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Make Okra Soup by ewa26: 11:03pm On Apr 03, 2017
sisisioge:

Forkard undecided
nonsense woman! Come and post okro soup rice na!! You tink you fit cook Berra dan me, this is the way my mum taught me, her mama taught her

e be like say now you say my mama no sabi cook, da she b doing an wrong all this years

shame on u
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by sisisioge: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2017
ewa26:
nonsense woman! Come and post okro soup rice na!! You tink you fit cook Berra dan me, this is the way my mum taught me, her mama taught her

e be like say now you say my mama no sabi cook, da she b doing an wrong all this years

shame on u

You no well. Wetin concern me and your mama? If you like use petrol cook yours. No further comments. Asiinu!
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by ewa26: 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2017
sisisioge:

You no well. Wetin concern me and your mama? If you like use petrol cook yours. No further comments. Asiinu!
which one is asiinu
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by sisisioge: 11:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
ewa26:
which one is asiinu

Ask your neighbor.
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by ewa26: 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
am a caterer, n dis is how I cook okra stew for parries n everyone loves it! So there
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by poshestmina(f): 11:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
ewa26:
all u ppl self wey like only villa food. Groundnut oil and ketchup is what I use now for all my soups and stew based dishes, it's honestly much healthier and better than too much saturated palm oil, thas y I combine peanut oil with ketchup, to get that red look and ir has tomato so is a good and healthy substitute to tinned derica and palm oil
Ok .
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by ewa26: 1:22am On Apr 05, 2017
all you nonsense pipul sef. i wan c una cook better okro soup! come and post una own recipe instead of to be insulting me on my own thread! nonsense
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by ewa26: 1:37am On May 29, 2017
sisisioge:

Ask your neighbor.
ok I ask my neighbour she don say e be very homely and respectfuling pesin ok tnx
Re: How I Make Okra Soup by sisisioge: 1:48am On May 29, 2017
ewa26:
ok I ask my neighbour she don say e be very homely and respectfuling pesin ok tnx

There you go... grin

(1) (Reply)

Igbeti Tourism Carnival 2019 - Bosun Abdulkareem / Biafra Freedom Fighters / Ungrateful Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.