Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery (14900 Views)

Cashless Policy Will Only Affect 10% Of Nigerians / Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation / CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 04, 2017
how will they ensure the safety of their delivery men and products? thats one question that is still yet to be answered. is it only the money they should secure? smh them never ready do business.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by alt3r3g0: 11:11am On Apr 04, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Lol.

You work with Payporte?

You seem to know more that the article itself. grin

cheesy
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by aloeman15(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2017
The post office is moribund in many towns.
Many also lack that facility.
Someone brought a developed nation into this gist. Pls tell Ralph he's lost and in the wrong thread.
The family of the delivery man should sue.
(Where are hungry lawyers when you need them?)
All these firms have had several years to get on board, implement and spread mobile money use, especially payment by dumb phones. (Nokia torch, anyone?)
I hope and expect them to lose money- consequent job losses notwithstanding.
If Nigeria worked or our leaders had common sense they'd have sanctioned jumia by now.
NubiLove:
They can do pay on delivery to the nearest post office... that is a lot safer and the consumer would still be interested.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 04, 2017
aloeman15:
The post office is moribund in many towns.
Many also lack that facility.
Someone brought a developed nation into this gist. Pls tell Ralph he's lost and in the wrong thread.
The family of the delivery man should sue.
(Where are hungry lawyers when you need them?)
All these firms have had several years to get on board, implement and spread mobile money use, especially payment by dumb phones. (Nokia torch, anyone?)
I hope and expect them to lose money- consequent job losses notwithstanding.
If Nigeria worked or our leaders had common sense they'd have sanctioned jumia by now.

I mean the transaction (pay on delivery) happens inside or in front of the post office. And post offices still exist well in Nigeria, I have a P.O Box and I go to the post office at least once a week.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by aloeman15(m): 11:22am On Apr 04, 2017
Maybe its time for legislation to compel mobile phones as the primary platform for transactions by all smes.
Yes, yes, with certain exceptions to the rule.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Onegai(f): 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
ifyalways:

I have never bought from small scale retailers, maybe I should try them. I have only transacted with Konga, Jumia,Dealdey and slot and its either POD or I jeje head to balogun. 3 years ago, Jumia and Konga showed me shege. I'll try small scale retailers one of this days.

Oh, I just remembered. You are absolutely right. I bought lingerie and some lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Dec last year from some Sally something website. quality was below par as advertised. I called to complain and they refunded me immediately but NEVER came back for their stuff.

Jumia and Konga have too many issues, I don't get why they cannot offer dispute resolution or even deliver on time. Which is why I have avoided them. You wanna be like Amazon, you have to deliver like Amazon. If a seller messes up, make sure they get poor ratings. If a customer orders, let it be delivered on time and not 1 month later.

You were buying lingerie, Grandma grin sometimes it's not worth it collecting the merchandise back, shipping costs and all. At least they refunded. Nigerian companies are poor at refunds and handling product issues. I bought something physically from a big company, checked and saw it was defective. Returned it and first the Nigerians there were trying to convince me to "just manage it like that", "why didn't you inspect the goods before leaving", "we never get complaints, you are being troublesome", (a blatant lie), until I called their foreign boss who apologized and changed the goods.

1 Like

Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by newspostng(m): 12:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
jumia and konga should be first to take this action.oh no. why payporte
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by BlackBaron: 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2017
NubiLove:

I mean the transaction (pay on delivery) happens inside or in front of the post office. And post offices still exist well in Nigeria, I have a P.O Box and I go to the post office at least once a week.
You'll have a company and you'll entrust 'Nigerian post office' to safely keep and restitute customer proceeds back to you? Even delivery men abscond sometimes. Do you know even after successful deliveries, some are waiting to waylay the cash with the courier?

Implement robust policies on returns and or exchanges, then streamline the ecommerce terms which if retailera flout, can be found wanting or shamed.
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by Smart101: 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
abhosts:
The last time I paid cash before delivery was to konga and It took about 2 months for me to receive the item after several calls. That was when i vowed never to try such again. So any Nigerian company that cannot do cash on delivery or at a nearby pickup centre is not for me.

it definitely looks like people like you are used to PoD. However, if we look at the negative impact to sellers who bear the risk of getting their goods returned when customer suddenly decides to disappear or just considering the case of the Jumia delivery guy that had to die because of this, we will look at it differently.

Before announcing stopping PoD, customers want to be sure that:

1. If they paid before the items is sent, they will get it as promised.

2. Your refund policy works and you are ready to return their money in case good is not as advertised

I believe if the two are met, no one will complain about this cancellation of Pay on delivery.

As an online retailer, the other thing to be concerned about is getting a payment provider with good refund/charge back policy that scammers cannot take advantage of. I will easily recommend you try www.VoguePay.com because they are secure and very reliable
Re: Cashless Policy: Payporte Suspends Payment On Delivery by uslasconsults(m): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
GEx Deliveries : Nationwide Delivery Services | Track my Package

GEx Deliveries is your nationwide logistics service and expert in eCommerce Delivery in Nigeria! We offer Fast, Secure, Reliable, Real-time tracking Services

https://gex.com.ng/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Polystar Electronics Emerges Africa's Quality Electronics Company Of The Decade / Get FREE 1000 Nigerian Email Addresses To Advertise Your Business / FG Orders Dangote, BUA To Vacate Disputed Mining Site In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.