Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola (9613 Views)

Biography Of Orimolade Tunolase Moses, Founder Of Cherubim And Seraphim Church / Prophet Sunday Michael Accused Of Ritual. Ondo Cherubim & Seraphim Church Sealed / Dr. David Bob Manuel, Announced As New Prelate Cherubim and Seraphim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola by Bolajeth(m): 1:50pm On Apr 04, 2017
The Cherubim and Seraphim Church (C&S) is a Pente-Charismatic church. It is probably the oldest of the African Instituted Churches in Nigeria. This movement within Christianity places special emphasis on the direct personal experience of God through the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as shown in the Biblical account of the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2). The Holy Spirit, through a man called Moses Orimolade (who began preaching after he had been dramatically healed from illness), instituted it.

The ministry of Orimolade witnessed miracles, signs and wonders at a time of great hardship and insecurity for the people (beginning of 20th century). The Church was first named the Seraphim Society on the 9th of September, 1925 and later in May 1927, the Cherubim was added, thereby called the Cherubim and Seraphim.

Moses Orimolade would later travel the length of Nigeria, where in spite of segregation, rejection and ridicule preached the Word with power, healed the sick and wrought miracles, which sparked major Revivals. These revivals were prime newsworthy outpourings of the Holy Ghost in that part of the world. These attracted people from all around the world. Consequently, the coverage these revivals and miracles received gave close attention to the movement and helped fuel its growth.

God wrought special miracles by the hands of Orimolade. However, there was early divergence as regards his ministry. This stems from the fact that the Church institute by God through Orimolade believed in the power of divine healing, prophecy and visions that were consistent with the early church (but was not common with the missionary churches that came to Africa then). Later on, Christians from mainline churches in Nigeria, and other parts of the world began to accept the teaching that the baptism of the Holy Spirit (which is manifested through prophecy, visions, and divine healing to mention but a few) is available for Christians today. One feature of the movement is a total reliance on God, a trust in Jesus and the Holy Spirit and not in an organization or church.

More recently much effort is deployed to systematize the theology of the Church and its understanding of the faith. The Church has seven sacraments: baptism, confirmation, penitence, Eucharist, marriage, ordination and anointing or unction. The Cherubim and Seraphim operate the “Fivefold ministries”: Apostleship, Evangelism, Pastoral, Prophetic, and Teaching ministries.

"Cherubim and Seraphim” is neither a religious nor an “angel worshipping church” as referred to by people. Rather, the “Cherubim and Seraphim” is a Pente-charismatic and dynamic apostolic ministry. Cherubim and Seraphim Church is not only a Pentecostal but also Charismatic in nature. The name signified the “redeemed” who had experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

In the account of the Fall of man (In the Garden of Eden), Cherubim are represented as guarding “the way to the Tree of Life”. Put clearly, God’s glory (Cherub) took over. To modern Christians, this connotes that man can no longer eat out of the tree of Life (Christ) by works unless by righteousness in Christ Jesus; the Holy Spirit (Rev.2: 1-7). Adam & Eve were replaced with the Cherub (God’s Glory) to protect the Word (Tree of Life Jn.1: 1-5).

On the other hand, Seraph signifies the Baptism of the Holy Spirit; the fire of God, which Isaiah experienced (Isa.6: 1-cool. From this text, one can observe that the Seraph announced the forgiveness of Isaiah sins. One of the Seraphim touched Isaiah’s mouth with a live coal and pronounced his forgiveness (Isa.6: 6-7). It is unlikely that an angel can solely pardon sin, as this is not just their ministry! When the glory of God touches us, we become baptized in the Holy Spirit, which accompanies forgiveness for newness (Transformation). This scene repeated itself; one of the accusations charged against Jesus: They said, “who is He to say your sin is forgiven” (Lk.2: 3-7).

Cherubim & Seraphim are not angels, as many have erroneously believed. From bible standpoint, they are symbolic figures representing certain characteristics of the Glory of God. In other words, the Cherubim are pictorial similitude, or representation of God’s divine inherent nature. Also, the Seraph is another symbolic creature signifying the likeness of God’s Glory. Seraphim means “consuming fire” manifesting expressively as the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and God as a consuming fire (Heb.12: 25-29). We can only have access to God through the fire of the Holy Spirit, which produces holiness. That was what Isaiah experienced to become a redeemed prophet of God. (Gen.3: 24, Eze.10: 2, Jer.23: 9, Rev.19: 15, Jer.5: 14 Jn.15: 3-4, Lk.3: 16, Rev.2: 7).

Put succinctly, Cherubim and Seraphim represent an attribute of God’s glory in holiness, righteousness and the baptism of the Holy Spirit. They are not angels as most people believed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola by Likei(m): 2:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
that's one Church I will like to be a member of, but I cannot see myself being restricted to putting on a uniform.

6 Likes

Re: The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola by adorablepepple(f): 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ijo mimo

3 Likes

Re: The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola by Bolajeth(m): 11:32pm On Apr 04, 2017
Likei:
that's one Church I will like to be a member of, but I cannot see myself being restricted to putting on a uniform.
#kudos
Re: The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola by pinkp: 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
Bolajeth:
The Cherubim and Seraphim Church (C&S) is a Pente-Charismatic church. It is probably the oldest of the African Instituted Churches in Nigeria. This movement within Christianity places special emphasis on the direct personal experience of God through the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as shown in the Biblical account of the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2). The Holy Spirit, through a man called Moses Orimolade (who began preaching after he had been dramatically healed from illness), instituted it.

The ministry of Orimolade witnessed miracles, signs and wonders at a time of great hardship and insecurity for the people (beginning of 20th century). The Church was first named the Seraphim Society on the 9th of September, 1925 and later in May 1927, the Cherubim was added, thereby called the Cherubim and Seraphim.

Moses Orimolade would later travel the length of Nigeria, where in spite of segregation, rejection and ridicule preached the Word with power, healed the sick and wrought miracles, which sparked major Revivals. These revivals were prime newsworthy outpourings of the Holy Ghost in that part of the world. These attracted people from all around the world. Consequently, the coverage these revivals and miracles received gave close attention to the movement and helped fuel its growth.

God wrought special miracles by the hands of Orimolade. However, there was early divergence as regards his ministry. This stems from the fact that the Church institute by God through Orimolade believed in the power of divine healing, prophecy and visions that were consistent with the early church (but was not common with the missionary churches that came to Africa then). Later on, Christians from mainline churches in Nigeria, and other parts of the world began to accept the teaching that the baptism of the Holy Spirit (which is manifested through prophecy, visions, and divine healing to mention but a few) is available for Christians today. One feature of the movement is a total reliance on God, a trust in Jesus and the Holy Spirit and not in an organization or church.

More recently much effort is deployed to systematize the theology of the Church and its understanding of the faith. The Church has seven sacraments: baptism, confirmation, penitence, Eucharist, marriage, ordination and anointing or unction. The Cherubim and Seraphim operate the “Fivefold ministries”: Apostleship, Evangelism, Pastoral, Prophetic, and Teaching ministries.

"Cherubim and Seraphim” is neither a religious nor an “angel worshipping church” as referred to by people. Rather, the “Cherubim and Seraphim” is a Pente-charismatic and dynamic apostolic ministry. Cherubim and Seraphim Church is not only a Pentecostal but also Charismatic in nature. The name signified the “redeemed” who had experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

In the account of the Fall of man (In the Garden of Eden), Cherubim are represented as guarding “the way to the Tree of Life”. Put clearly, God’s glory (Cherub) took over. To modern Christians, this connotes that man can no longer eat out of the tree of Life (Christ) by works unless by righteousness in Christ Jesus; the Holy Spirit (Rev.2: 1-7). Adam & Eve were replaced with the Cherub (God’s Glory) to protect the Word (Tree of Life Jn.1: 1-5).

On the other hand, Seraph signifies the Baptism of the Holy Spirit; the fire of God, which Isaiah experienced (Isa.6: 1-cool. From this text, one can observe that the Seraph announced the forgiveness of Isaiah sins. One of the Seraphim touched Isaiah’s mouth with a live coal and pronounced his forgiveness (Isa.6: 6-7). It is unlikely that an angel can solely pardon sin, as this is not just their ministry! When the glory of God touches us, we become baptized in the Holy Spirit, which accompanies forgiveness for newness (Transformation). This scene repeated itself; one of the accusations charged against Jesus: They said, “who is He to say your sin is forgiven” (Lk.2: 3-7).

Cherubim & Seraphim are not angels, as many have erroneously believed. From bible standpoint, they are symbolic figures representing certain characteristics of the Glory of God. In other words, the Cherubim are pictorial similitude, or representation of God’s divine inherent nature. Also, the Seraph is another symbolic creature signifying the likeness of God’s Glory. Seraphim means “consuming fire” manifesting expressively as the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and God as a consuming fire (Heb.12: 25-29). We can only have access to God through the fire of the Holy Spirit, which produces holiness. That was what Isaiah experienced to become a redeemed prophet of God. (Gen.3: 24, Eze.10: 2, Jer.23: 9, Rev.19: 15, Jer.5: 14 Jn.15: 3-4, Lk.3: 16, Rev.2: 7).

Put succinctly, Cherubim and Seraphim represent an attribute of God’s glory in holiness, righteousness and the baptism of the Holy Spirit. They are not angels as most people believed

pls where can I find cherubim n seraphim church in ilorin? @ bolajeth n oda nairalanders
Re: The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola by pinkp: 1:58pm On Apr 28, 2017
adorablepepple:
Ijo mimo
Pls where can I locate a cherubim n seraphim church in Ilorin? Quote or message
Re: The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola by pinkp: 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2017
Likei:

Pls how can I locate a cherubim n seraphim church in Ilorin? Quote this or message me asap
Re: The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola by Bolajeth(m): 9:06pm On Jun 14, 2017
There are several C&S Movement Churches in Ilorin but check on
99 Murtala Muhammad Way, Ilorin, Kwara State, then you can ask for any chapel closer to you
pinkp:

Pls where can I locate a cherubim n seraphim church in Ilorin? Quote or message
Re: The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola by Bolajeth(m): 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
Brother all what God needs is your salvation, why not focus on God in church not people or their way of service
Likei:
Re: The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola by Wantedola(m): 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2020
Re: The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola by Wantedola(m): 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2020

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Reason Why Jesus Christ Is Flogging Your Church Instead Of Blessing It / Please How Do I Resist The Devil? / MFM (mountain Of Fire & Miracle Ministries) New Regulations!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.